StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JTM
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 6287

JTM is offline View user's profile Send private message JTM's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:32 pm   Post subject: Suggestion Reply with quote

I listen heavily while studying for exams. As someone mentioned earlier, it would be a good idea to have certain days where no lyrical songs are played, or maybe a second station where such is the case.

I like the idea of having other stations that focuses on sci-fi, soft ballads, etc. to give certain styles more air time. I really do not like certain soft and pansified songs, there needs to be more songs related to action flicks or faster beat themed songs.

Just a suggestion. Otherwise, this is the best streaming radio station on the web.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, buddy, sorry to have to say so, but you're being really whiney. Mad

Having entire days of high tempo music would likely be too much of a good thing. Most people around here wouldn't like that. Maybe you should give the "pansified" music a chance. Are you afraid that you might like it or something? Laughing
USA JTM
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

JTM is offline View user's profile Send private message JTM's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have to hear the "Mad Hatter" song from Alice in Wonderland again, well, I don't believe that I'm going to like it anymore than the first time that I heard it. And what adult willingly listens to that crap. There are those of us with a little more mature taste.

As far as too much of a good thing, well "buddy", that's just plain stupid.

Hope my comments don't violate Canadian hate speech laws!
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 12:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that JTM got up on the wrong side of the bed!
Quote:
I really do not like certain soft and pansified songs, there needs to be more songs related to action flicks or faster beat themed songs.
Yep, you're whining. Why don't you try to enjoy the lovely variety that SST brings? I agree with Hurr78 (and I believe that a lot of other SST fans do as well) - maybe you'll actually hear something new that you might - *gasp* like!

What if the only movies that ever came out were action flicks? THAT would be stupid, don't you agree JTM? Like, how boring would that be?
Cadet 1

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 12:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Like, I don't care if all movies are action flicks. I, like, would, like, soundtracks played that don't put me to, like, sleep or that is just plain stupid (i.e. Mad Hatter, excerpts from the extremely repugnant Rocky Horror Picture Show, etc.)

Beyond that, what is up with you two trying to get me to agree with you? I like plenty of variety of music, more than likely a greater variety than most listeners to this station. But I know what I like and don't like.

And since when is making a suggestion "whining"?

God bless freedom of speech (at least those countries that still recognize God).
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Point taken, JTM. But what's with the statement "...there needs to be more songs related to action flicks or faster beat themed songs." You need to remember that you are not the only person this station caters to. You gotta please everyone. Smile

Maybe you need to check out other stations that have a MUCH smaller playlist and only play "faster beat" scores if you don't like the selection here. But, I'm sure you'll come back to SST - it rules over all the other soundtrack stations!

As far as whining, I do believe your statement "there needs..." qualifies as whining because this is what you want and are not satisfied with the wonderful selection that occurs at SST. Wink
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply making a suggestion isn't whining. But making one the way that you did is.

Robert is right. This station has a lot of fans, many of whom have opinions that differ from yours.

Now, we don't require you to agree with us. But anytime you describe anything that isn't "related to action flicks or faster beat themed songs" as "pansified," you probably aren't going to garner a whole lot of respect. Why is that, you ask? Because "pansified" seems like a puerile label to attach to something.

Yes, you have freedom of speech. You can say whatever you like. But freedom of speech has two sides. You say what you want to say, and then everyone else gets to say what they think about your statements. And if what you said is unpopular, then you'd better get accustomed to being unpopular.

But of course, that should be obvious to anyone who values freedom as much as you claim to. Or do you only value the freedom of those who agree with you?
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love stuff like this! Makes reading the forums really entertaining!

Anyway, my two cents...

One of the great things about the way SST works is that a track comes on that is beautiful, exciting, crap, boring, tense, original, familiar - whatever - and it sparks debate in chat or on the forums... it's a brilliant way of getting involved, of hearing something you hadn't heard before, of finding a piece of music you didn't think you would like.

I think it would be a shame if SST split into several channels becuase then the chat discussion would consequently split as well and fragment the great community here.

Besides I'm sure we've discussed the idea of theme days elsewhere in the forum... In the end, we have to remember that splitting tracks into certain genres would take an almighty effort on Jeric's part and he's already putting in a million per cent effort making the site the great place it is.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:43 am   Post subject: Re: Suggestion Reply with quote

Time for a normal answer, instead of a heated discussion about 'whining'.

JTM wrote:
I listen heavily while studying for exams. As someone mentioned earlier, it would be a good idea to have certain days where no lyrical songs are played, or maybe a second station where such is the case.

It is indead mentioned in another thread, that having a 'no lyrics' day is impossible. Because thousands of CDs needs to be scanned if an album contains lyrics or not. A second station is not on the priority list. It means division in the community (like mellowman says too), more feeds from the stream server to the streams, more queue and request systems on the website etc etc etc.

Quote:
I like the idea of having other stations that focuses on sci-fi, soft ballads, etc. to give certain styles more air time. I really do not like certain soft and pansified songs, there needs to be more songs related to action flicks or faster beat themed songs.
SST's is 'power' in its diversity. From techno (animatrix) to symphonic (gladiator, lotr) Every one got tracks that he/she likes. I dont think you should divide that. You will get small subcommunities and to me that is a bad thing.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a fight and I wasn't even involved.

To add to what Cal said...

If there is a particular track that drives you insane, bear in mind that it's only able to be played once every five days.

If five days is STILL too much, then you can request in this forum that we pluck it from the playlist.

As for what kind of person would request Alice in Wonderland? How about the person who loved that movie as a child and enjoys the nostalgia of hearing it again now?
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 10:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless freedom of speech (at least those countries that still recognize God).

LOL THAT IS SOOO FUNNY....

Man you are pathetic.... That was the worst thing I have read all my life... Lol... Ouch, I am laughing to hard.
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy Lego! Take a deep breath...There we are...Laughing Wink
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So JTM are you trying to insinuate that Canada censors in some way and that we don't beleive in freedom of speach? I mean "like" Canada is even more Liberal than the US last time I checked.

Also,
Quote:
at least those countries that still recognize God
Is this again directed at Canada. I might be mistaken but the country is half British (Anglican)and half French (Roman Catholic) and small towns of 2000 people have upwards to 6 churches.

Vive la Canada and God Bless America (both parts)
iejoorlove
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 6599

iejoorlove is offline View user's profile Send private message iejoorlove's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 1:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless America? God should bless the whole world! Also that little country called Belgium, where I am from.

I like Streaming soundtracks the way it is, it's nicer to hear different styles, it shouldn't be changed along me. You can't learn to appreciate the other styles when you don't want to listen to them I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: