StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

request page.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:55 am   Post subject: request page. Reply with quote

I don't really know how to make it more simple. but when newbies go to make a request. And they have to click agree not to abuse. can we put somthing on there that explains how the request works.

example: you can make one request per hour unless it is otherwise stated in the upper right hand corner of the main screen. IF you make a request too soon, and that means before on hour is up. the counter will reset and make you start back to an hour wait. If a song was played recently, or if it was just in the queue and the glitch skipped it. It can not be requested again with the hour it was chosen, so wait one hour. Thank you. Oh yeah and please don't abuse this system.

Is it possible to make it more idiot proof??? [Roll Eyes]
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:01 am   Post subject: request page. Reply with quote

*points Legolas to the help link next to the agree-thingy*
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:07 am   Post subject: request page. Reply with quote

yes but people have a hard time asking for help, even if they don't have to ask and click on a link. its too much for some folks. what i say lets throw it on the main page. beacuse I have had two guys ask me questions about why can't they request their songs. I just don't answere them. I am pro-evolution i guess. If that guy can't read simple instructions well then. he should suffer.
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 298

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:03 pm   Post subject: request page. Reply with quote

Ouch! [Big Grin] I will admit though, looking at the ever growing que list, there must be a lot of new listeners tuning in.

I remember during the off hours i would request a song and it would play 2nd or 3rd after i requested it, now there are like 10 billions songs ahead of mine. But Im glad this site is growing, it deserves the attention.
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:01 pm   Post subject: request page. Reply with quote

Oh, look Legolas! Your wish has come true! [Wink]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:16 am   Post subject: request page. Reply with quote

Nice indeed, compliments Jeric

Edit:
eerm..... Sensei I mean [Wink]
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:23 am   Post subject: request page. Reply with quote

I concur.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:29 am   Post subject: request page. Reply with quote

Sensei wrote the code, I just installed it. Thanks Sensei! [Big Grin]

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
PremierNate
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 280

PremierNate is offline View user's profile Send private message PremierNate's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:38 am   Post subject: request page. Reply with quote

Thank you Sensei and Jeric both. I like the improvements to the request process. It may not stop people from abusing the system, but at least they have no excuse for 'not knowing' what abuse is. It also should make it easy for the newbies to request songs! Once again, great job guys, keep it up!
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:22 am   Post subject: request page. Reply with quote

I'll bet you anything that there will still be someone asking why he can't request. [Big Grin]
Cadet 4

Member#: 280

PremierNate is offline View user's profile Send private message PremierNate's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:31 am   Post subject: request page. Reply with quote

You are probably right caray, at which point we should tell them to go find their mommy or daddy and see if they can do it for them...and make sure it isn't past their bedtime!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: