StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Troy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickSpine wrote:
... although, i do think it's interesting, cocles

Not really sure what you're referring to there. And you're not doing much in the way of proving me wrong when I say you do little more than try to encite arguments.
TrickSpine
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5089

TrickSpine is offline View user's profile Send private message TrickSpine's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
USA PeteC VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hopeful that we will get a release of Yared's score some way, somehow.

When the movie comes out on DVD, I will give Horner's score another go, with the images.
good as good. Herein lies evil.
USA Techo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5054

Techo is offline View user's profile Send private message View Techo's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteC wrote:
Techo - I dig that NYC skyline. That's the way I like to remember it.

Thanks Pete, same here.

I've listened to many of the Troy tracks here on the site. I wouldn't listen to the std alone but perhaps it isn't so bad while watching the film, as long as it doesn't worsen the movie experience. I don't think anyone else could have done a much better job given the time allotted to Mr. Horner. I did hear some Mask Of Zorro clips in the Troy std.

And thanks to CircleProvider for the interesting comments. I also await the DVD, like some director's commentary, they should also have 2 choices for the score.
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I heard the Troy soundtrack (Horner) all the way through for the first time today and I have to say, considering how quickly he pulled it off, it's a great score. Now I'm not a particularly big Horner fan but I reckon he's been a bit of a hero here.
USA circleprovider
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4984

circleprovider is offline View user's profile Send private message circleprovider's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that big of a Horner fan, I think that I've mentioned that once or twice Wink , but I've been listening to the soundtrack during finals. I'm starting to like it quite a bit. It's odd, but it took a lot of listening before the themes started to stick out and become memorable.

Anyway, yes, he did a fine job in making the complete score in such little time.
Gr81
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5444

Gr81 is offline View user's profile Send private message Gr81's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Troy yesterday and it was really good. Horner's score was much, much better than I thought it would be.
I know this is way too early, but I'm thinking that maybe Eric Bana could be in line for Best Supporting Actor award nominations. Does anybody else think so? If there were acting award nominations for Troy, who should be nominated and for what?
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4984

circleprovider is offline View user's profile Send private message circleprovider's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure that I agree with that one. With the exception of Brian Cox as King Agamemnon, I wasn't all that impressed with any of the acting. I feel that Hector's character was simply written well. And anyone could have jumped in and played the part. Eric didn't make Hector.

I liked the movie, but I don't see it getting any nominations.

Except perhaps for best score Wink
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gr81 wrote:
I saw Troy yesterday and it was really good. Horner's score was much, much better than I thought it would be.

Yeah, I've been really impressed by the tracks from Horner's score that I've been hearing on the station. I wasn't planning on seeing the film but Horner's music is starting to change my mind.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who wasn't impressed by the score? I probably have to see it again then to be sure.

One time I noticed the score. It was in a fighting scene where they were fighting in slow motion with no sound effects. Only a woman singing, my mate and I said the same thing in the theatre at the same time: "Gladiator rip-off" :-)

The movie in general: I probably expected too much of it. I suspected something like Gladiator or Braveheart kind of movie, to me Troy was just a movie. I like Eric Bana though, nice acting. And I think that Orlando Bloom needs some good spanking by his mum, what a wuss.
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
And I think that Orlando Bloom needs some good spanking by his mum, what a wuss.

Laughing Laughing

I love it Cal, just wait for the Lord of the Rings fans to start crying now!!
USA Maeltne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 6602

Maeltne is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Maeltne's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he'th more of a thpring/fall then a thummer/winther, that blue did nuthing for hith figure!

Love ya!
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice the little clips in Troy that seemed match right up with Horner's 1988 Willow score?
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally saw Troy. And as far as summer movies go, I thought it was significantly above average. Great jobs by all the principal actors except Brad Pitt, who somehow didn't seem quite right for the role. And the leading ladies were certainly winsome.

Oddly enough, I didn't really notice James Horner's score all that much (I usually pay much more attention to the score)... but I certainly didn't object to it in any way either. Nor did I feel that it was too close to any of his previous work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: