StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

26MAR03 A**hole
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
the mozster
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 158

the mozster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail the mozster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:04 pm   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

Thanks Jeric. Do what you can.
Cadet 1

Member#: 419

Maelwys is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Maelwys's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:16 pm   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

Even if there isn't much that can be done about someone spamming and masquerading as other users, perhaps you could do something to keep imposters from using your login Jeric. It's one thing to ape a random account... it's quite another to ape the webmaster's though.

Just an idea.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:43 pm   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

I loved it when you all told me, "We knew it wasn't really you, Cocles. He was acting way too nice. [Big Grin] " LOL You guys crack me up.

And yeah I know you weren't kidding.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:38 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

No matter what Jeric will do, trolls will always find a way in the chat. I witnessed it last night. And I saw people responding pretty bad on chat.

Always remember: *never* feed a troll.

That includes logging off and saying you will come back later. [Wink]

When a troll logs on, comepletely ignore him/her and they will get bored pretty fast if they get no response.

Just my 2 cents.
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:39 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

Thx Jeric.

The guy said he would be back btw... Lets wish him a quick demise when he shows his ugly face again. [Big Grin]
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:29 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

I'm going to keep this at a minimum but I heard about someone terrorizing people in the chat today. I just want to say that I'm sorry that happened and I'm doing everything I can to prevent it from happening again.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
PremierNate
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 280

PremierNate is offline View user's profile Send private message PremierNate's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:42 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

Thanks Jeric, I am sure you will figure something out!
sarbear
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

aw

Member#: 297

sarbear is offline View user's profile Send private message sarbear's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:42 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

Thanks Jeric. Although I wonder how much you really can do?

It's nice to know at least in the forum you know who people are.

What a day......
Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:12 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

Yes, thanks so much Jeric. It was really annoying.

Cal, I do understand what you mean by completly ingnoring them but it is really hard to stay and watch a place of fun terrorized by an idiot(s). I hate feeling helpless.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:20 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

Well you feeling helpless for a short time is better than letting a troll win. If a troll wins, he will try it again and again.

I spend too many times in chatboards and newsgroups in my pathetic life [Smile] Ignoring is the best way.

Again my 2 cents.
PremierNate
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 280

PremierNate is offline View user's profile Send private message PremierNate's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:57 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

It's really hard to ignore someone though that is filling the chat window with multiple login's and log-off's since it is impossible to carry on a conversation if the post you made disappears within two screen refreshes. I just wait until it looks like a calm and then might through in a 'test' message to see if the person is still around or if any actual people wish to reply to my post. Either way, I agree with Cal in that we probably just do our best to ignore this punk and hope that they will get too bored and move on to another chat room.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:24 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

Gladiator Man,

He was on this afternoon posing as you saying some ...interesting... things about you and your wife. Looks like it's getting personal.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:09 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

The dude in question, whom I've been lovingly referring to as "Spanky", is our old pal Morglum.

So if you see him, be sure to yell out a big "HI MORGLUM! [Big Grin] "

And don't forget to wave. [Wink]

For those of you who are a bit new to SST, Morglum was the original mod brought aboard by Jeric to help run things. For a number of hilarious reasons the ol' ding dong got his butt fired and hasn't been heard from since.

Welcome back Morgie. [Smile]
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:35 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

I think this started yesterday. I came back to the chat after some time away and some "troll" Logged in as me and began to swear at cocles, and then everyone else. I am all for the password to chat policy, if that could be set up.

Also to cal. When you were talking about this troll, not letting the troll when. I don't know but it reminded me of terrorists. We can't just ignore them. we need a way to stop them.

Cocles, although i do think it was you. Well because I know becuase you started it last time with me. And it is in your sense of humor, or maybe your friend yake tory. I doubt it was morgie, he would have been more apt to flirt with me then try to log in as me. [Big Grin] But who knows maybe it is him, then again it might just be Sadam.
Norway Sensei
Commander
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:38 am   Post subject: 26MAR03 A**hole Reply with quote

1. Please stop referring to gays and other lamers as trolls. Trolls are a central part of Norwegian folklore so stop messing around with them! [Big Grin]

2. When it comes to the security in the chat and all the fuzz we've experienced lately, I can assure you major changes to SST are being made ATM. We are literally working day and night and if everything goes as planned the result will be a big improvement. I'm not going to leak out too much information on this though. Just hang in there... [Wink]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: