StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Recommended score: 'Girl with a Pearl Earring'
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you Cocles...and you Score....sorry if I took it too harshly...Embarassed....Smile
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 6602

Maeltne is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Maeltne's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good gawd! Recommendation duely noted, but here's what would happen if I do buy this lovely soundtrack at the 'local CD-store':

I might not like the CD, then return the CD only to get store-credit instead of my money back and have to choose from the store's lame over-priced selection, which causes me to not be able to afford the price-increase at Starbucks. You see one drawback? (CD purchased at CD-store = no Starbucks = BAD!)

Here, I am able to listen to the music at my leisure, therefore making an educated-purchase through the *gasp* link provided by SST, so this truly wonderful collection can keep being pumped into my headphones, so I don't go crazy at work, so I don't lose my job, so I don't get evicted from my apartment and have to become a vagabond with no internet connection, so I don't get arrested for becoming addicted to crack, so I don't become a habitual offender to support my terrible addiction, so I don't get 'lost in the system' just to end up writing a prize-winning novel about the dangers of corporate-controlled music, so I'm given a full pardon - at tax-payers' expense - by the President because she read my masterpiece and was so moved by it that she couldn't let a genius rot in prison forever, as a result I would come full circle as an upstanding citizen with an internet connection and not addicted to crack (though I'd have to get drunk from time to time and maybe pop prescription pills to get that crack-buzz, again) only to find out that since I didn't support SST in the first place the site no longer exists, which forces me to go on a killing spree..." You see the benefit? (CD purchased through SST link = no killing spree = GOOD!)

Love ya!
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 5078

ScoreAficionado is offline View user's profile Send private message ScoreAficionado's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeltne wrote:
Oh good gawd! Recommendation duely noted, but here's what would happen if I do buy this lovely soundtrack at the 'local CD-store':

By all means, there are certain drawbacks to purchasing a CD which you might not enjoy. That's why I rarely buy CD's impulsively, but rather prefer to do some 'research' beforehand, to find out if the CD is worth the money.

Quote:
Here, I am able to listen to the music at my leisure, therefore making an educated-purchase through the *gasp* link provided by SST,...

True, but many stores do have listening stations which gives you the opportunity to sample the CD while you're in the store. However, I personally prefer to sample the CD via the net (in most cases there are streams available on the online stores or soundtrack sites) under more relaxing circumstances.

Quote:
so this truly wonderful collection can keep being pumped into my headphones, so I don't go crazy at work, so I don't lose my job, ...

I think I get the gist of your argument Smile
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeltne wrote:
(CD purchased at CD-store = no Starbucks = BAD!)

(CD purchased through SST link = no killing spree = GOOD!)

(some liberal quote cuttage going on here)

Love your posts, Mael!! You crease me up... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: