StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
SnowyC
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 63

SnowyC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website SnowyC's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:42 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

I've recently came to this site and its become one of my favourite audio streaming sites straight away.

I just thought I make some suggestions for the site:
1. Queue System - is it possible to have 2 queues, one for long songs over 'n' minutes and the other for the shorter songs less than 'n' minutes?
2. Is it possible for the stream in Winamp to reset the time at beginning of a song instead of having to guess how long the song has been playing for?
3. A "server status" page as there was some streaming problems for a few hours last nite and i didn't know for sure where the problem was.
4. More Game soundtracks?

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:35 pm   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

1. No, WYSIWYG
2. No
3. Looking into it
4. Of course

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
SnowyC
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

SnowyC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website SnowyC's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:13 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

5. A timestamp on when a song was requested or a timer with no. of requests remaining so u know the current request limit and time to request again?

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:17 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

6. And if I were William Wallace I'd shoot fireballs from my ass! Mr. Green

USA Hart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:25 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

hahaha...I almost snotred coffee on my key board! lol
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 61

Clem is offline View user's profile Send private message Clem's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:30 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

LOL.

It took me a time to catch my breath after I read this one.

Nice one Jeric! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:05 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

Just kidding SnowyC. Sorry if you take this personal. I take the complaints you constantly post in the chat personally. I work very hard on this site and I take pride in it so it's hard for me not to. Besides I coudn't resist the Braveheart quote. Very Happy

I do appreciate your suggestions but some of them are not very practical. Some of them would require a total redesign of the site. We're talking hundreds of pages and thousands of links! I am using the best software available to handle requests but unfortunately it has its limitations. I understand that these limitations are not obvious to most listeners and I spend spend a lot of time explaining instead of improving. Just keep that in mind and thanks for your participation and feedback.

SnowyC
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:11 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

Yes, i have to remember this is the only SS site with 128kbps streams which i'm grateful of, i like to make suggestions to sites i visit regardless of if there implementable or viable.

You can't really blame a user for giving feedback for what they would like to see change on a site.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:20 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

As long as the feedback ins't constant complaining. Cool

SnowyC
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:01 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

Now don't bite my head off on these ideas, ok. Remember i'm not demaning anything, only suggesting. [Razz]

- A webpage on site for the Top 10 Requests of the week or month.
- An automated #of request programming script e.g. when less than 75 people listening, 3 requests allowed, 76-100 2 requests, more than 100 1 request. If its implementable it would mean less to maintain every hour.
- A limit on really long songs in the queue.

Ok, i hope u don't shout at me but at least consider what i'm suggesting. [Roll Eyes]
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Clem is offline View user's profile Send private message Clem's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:17 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

I dont think anyone will shout at you for suggesting things that would improve this website, SnowyC.

You just have to remember... it takes time.

Clem Smile
Cadet 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:24 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Clem:
I dont think anyone will shout at you for suggesting things that would improve this website, SnowyC.

I'm referring to the previous replies. [Eek!]
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:51 am   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

SnowyC... I am not stupid. I have read the previous post and so I know to what you were refering to... Confused

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 8:11 pm   Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

Thank you for your suggestions SnowyC. They are not implementable immediately but I will look into them for the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: