StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Spider Man 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
GrooveMerchant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:16 am   Post subject: Spider Man 2 Reply with quote

Hey there everyone, I just got back from the midnight screening of Spider Man 2 and boy am I tired. Anywho, just curious to see what all you guys think, personally I enjoyed this one much more than the first one. Warning, spoilers ahead......... Surprised

Spoiler:
I really liked this one more than the first one, maybe because it seemed like they included more humor this time. The street performer playing the old spider man jingle was awesome, I like how they feel compfortable enough to poke fun at themselves a little.

Spoiler:
I also thought that the cgi in this one came together alot better that the first. Not sure what it was, but whatever the case, the work on Doc Oc's arms was done very well. The scene where he tears apart the room of doctors was pretty cool.

oh, one more thing.............

Spoiler:
Being that I'm a big Sam Raimi fan and an even bigger Bruce Campbell fan I loved Bruce as the usher at the theater, I was cracking up......... although, I would have liked to see him get more screen time Sad

Spoiler:
Warning really big spoiler- So are they just gonna go ahead and re-vamp the whole green goblin thing in the next one? That's good times and all I guess, but I would like to see the introduction of another new villain, maybe Venom, cmon, they have sooo many to choose from.
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3465

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the score?
Caliburn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Already mentioned somewhere on this forum, too lazy to look for it.

Oh and another thing:
Teen arrested in alleged effort to bootleg "Spider-man 2"
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mentioned in the Soundtracks forum. I'm too lazy to check too.

jeff
sdg
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hookay this rocked. it was funny, dramtic, and in the words of Jack Black "KICK ASS!"

I'll post my review later. the only thing I can say about my experience so far was the group(ten) of guys next to me talking non STOP. They were old enough to know better, mid 20's i would guess, but my girlfriend leaned over and said to the two next to me(they where the most chatty)"I realize you two are both on a date right now but could you shut up during the movie"

ttyl.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fine leggy review...Spiderman 2

Like I said the theare was packed like a female's suitcase. (sorry ladies) Let me just say though that they had the worst previews play before a movie of this genre. I blocked them out of my memory so I am okay, no need to send sympathy cards. The movie has the best opening credits ever. Spoiler:
It recaped the first movie with comic book art...
it is truly amazing!

I thought the movie was great, it wasn't your average super hero movie. Instead of just introducing a new villian they really worked on the depth of peter parker. And on top of all of that it was super duper funny. for those of you whop have seen it let me know what you thought was the funniest. Spoiler:
mine was a tie between the laundry, and jameson's lines. oh and the raindrops montage was awesome.

As for the fight scenes! HOLLY SHIZZZZNIT. iT WAS SOOOO GOOD. I have to say that the CGI is a lot better. my only beef was... Spoiler:
after they all see who spiderman is on the train they get really cheeseball. there a re a few scenes like this but I deal with it.

So go see this movie, it is more than worthy of the big screen.

Now for thos of you who have seen this film, please follow on, the rest of you stop reading, even if you like spoilers do not read this one. it is super fricking huge. don't read it until you have seen the film, even if that means a year from now.
Spoiler:
Okay so I was blown away when harry saw that spiderman was peter. And I cheered when MJ say peter in the spidy suit. I think Peter Parker should write harry a letter and let him know that his old man was the green goblin, and that he killed himself accidently. And on e more thing, peters professor, isn't he the lizard guy in the comic books i thought I noticed one arm.... and I wonder if harry will be like the green goblin in the bbooks in the third film! didn't this movie just ROCK!
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This film was awesome! One of the best movies out this summer. I enjoyed myself more during this film, although I love the 1st film for the origin story and touching and emotional scenes with Uncle Ben.

I felt really sympathetic to all the main characters because they had a lot of emotional baggage/trauma to deal with. I thought Dr. Octopus was a convincing and menacing villain. Go see it, you won't regret it!

Spoiler:
Some things bugged me like Dr. Octopus' change towards the end or certain people finding out secrets early, but that's probably because I used to read comics. Also, Spiderman seemed so much stronger in this film than the first one. And towards the end, I had no idea what happened to the flaming ball- that was not explained well.

Yeah, I think Dr. Conners could become the Lizard. But it's obvious we're gonna see Green Goblin II.

I thought it was funny when Peter Parker was at that society gala and nothing seemed to be going right for him. Couldn't even get a drink. You gotta feel for the guy.
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Already mentioned somewhere on this forum, too lazy to look for it.

j2brown wrote:
Mentioned in the Soundtracks forum. I'm too lazy to check too.

Huh? What I wanted to know was how GrooveMerchant liked the score, not when it's coming out on cd.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh okay, good thing I didnt look for it then :-)
GrooveMerchant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You wanted to know how I liked the score shock?
I actually enjoyed it very much, I'm glad to see that in the past couple of years Elfman is branching out and taking some of his music in new directions, such as Planet of the Apes and the first Spider Man.

This score was very reminiscent of the first one, as can be expected. However, this score seemed a tad darker, altogether I think this film was a little more gloomy. One track inparticular, I don't remember which one, reminded me alot of Ice Dance from Scissorhands.

To tell you the truth I'm having trouble recalling alot of the music. It was kinda difficult since it was the midnight showing with all the hardcore spider man fans. Not to mention the friends I was with, who can get really rowdy at times. It was a pretty crazy atmosphere. In any case, I'm probably gonna go and see it again on Sunday with my girlfriend and family. I plan to pay much closer attention to the score this time, and hopefully provide more detailed feedback Very Happy
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Quote:
This score was very reminiscent of the first one, as can be expected.

The producers apparently decided to re-use a lot of (sloppily) edited cues from the first Spider-Man ('Main Titles,' 'Alone,' 'Revelation'...). And Christopher Young's thrown in a reworked theme from his own Hellraiser 2 score.

I'm glad you still enjoyed it, because I've heard from a lot of people that they were really disappointed with the music.
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to see this movie over the weekend. I was quite disappointed. I'd say I thought about 25% of it was really cool. The rest of it sucked.

Spoiler:
I really felt like the movie couldn't decide if was was trying to be "cool action movie" or "cheesy B movie." I'm cool with either, but not both in the same flick. Some of the stuff was acceptable cheesiness, like when you know Peter won't make it to see the play...but the elevator scene, the surgery scene, the train scene, etc...come on. Those scenes would have been fine if the overall tone of the movie was B-movie fun, but it wasn't really. It kept switching gears. Make up your mind what kind of movie you want it to be and roll with it.

I thought the soundtrack was great. I can't wait until it is out so we can get it on here!

Spoiler:
Some of the sound effects were very cool, but some of them seemed a little..off...like the wrong sound for the action or something.

Overall, I was really let down.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The first negative thing I have heard. Smile Its good to have contrast views pixie Smile So what did cocles think???
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the movie last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought that the main themes were better connected between all the plot threads than in the first movie. And the action rocked... great fight scenes. Yet the movie wasn't relentless... we were given lots of downtime between the fights, so a real story could develop.

As for the music, it was pretty good... not the best we've seen from Elfman, in my opinion. But still good.

Spoiler:
The music that sticks out the most in my memory was actually the main title sequence... it really worked well with those fantastic drawings that retold the story of the first movie.

Oh, and that "Raindrops keep falling on my head" sequence was pretty amusing.
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple of my thoughts that hasn't already been covered:

Spoiler:
How come Spidey suddenly appears to be invincible? A fall from several 100 feet and only a slight back injury? Stopping an entire train with only his feet and the suit doesn't even get shredded? I mean, come on! This is Spider-Man, not Superman.

The CG was mostly good as you guys have previously mentioned.

Spoiler:
I especially loved Doc Ock's tentacles and how they managed to get the tentacles to convey emotion. Like when Ock grieves his wife in the old church (?) by the water. The tentacles seemed really sad Smile

But there was also some not quite so good stuff in there as well.

Spoiler:
Most of the scenes where Spidey were CG were very obvious. Also the scene when Ock grabs MJ and crawls on to a building was almost too obvious.

But all in all I liked it and will most likely buy it on DVD when it's released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: