StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

King Arthur
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:37 pm   Post subject: King Arthur Reply with quote

First off let my say I am sorry... This review is very bad. Its un organized and has had zero effeort into making it worht while to read. Just like this film! Evil or Very Mad

Despite my unwanting to see this film I have just seen it... My sisters draged me with and paid the fee. Laughing I laugh because they were actually excited to see it...

Spoiler:
So the film opens with some b.s. about people finding some truth to king arthur... This is set up to make you think they actually took time to make it some what historical. it then moves to a voice over of lancelot speaking. They show him as a kid being taken away by some roman soldiers and his family yelling a farewell. (horrible acting here) I actually heard my sister who looked forward to it the most say... "oh shit." I had told her it will be crap, it hurts to be right.

I am sure spoilers won't matter, but for those of you who dare go against my advice to not view this film I'll block them out. God this movie sucked. Crying or Very sad

Spoiler:
Okay so they murdered the story of KING ARTHUR. they tried to make it real, but everything you saw was not real. All typical crap that they try to throw into a pg-13 film to apeal to simple minds. From the savages to the weak story telling of arthurs childhood. Oh and the Saxsons sucked with acting, it was a father and son who were leaders of this eveil army and they kept fighting with dad always winning... It was like austin powers, dr evil and seth green's character. I kept waiting for daddy saxson to say zip it! (I wish they both would have)!

I wish I could say this is a good action flick but its horrible! Confused
Spoiler:

Some really bad stuff... One someone should tell them that its not the dark ages because it was dark. the whole feel of the film is blue and slow. I kept wishing for a break of daylight or maybe that was just me wishing to see real daylight when I left this film. And poor poor kiera knightly... Her role was horrible and I am amazed anyone who has a somewhat possible future as an actress would take this role. (her war outfit was laughable...) I really can't even say anymore on this... other than the ending was pathetic. I wish everyone would have died in the crappy battle sequences...

All in all this film had some laughs... most of them were not intentional. The action was weak, and the story was worse... Don't see this film, if it approaches you run away. run far far away!!! Sad
USA Techo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 5054

Techo is offline View user's profile Send private message View Techo's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it isn't fair to judge a film if you haven't seen it yet. I haven't seen it and from the trailers, it looked liked it was rotten from the beginning. Though Ebert liked it, I usually agree with him more than any other critic but... that gives me some doubt. But I'll wait till it comes to HBO or Showtime to give it a chance, not worth a rent.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN TECHO
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeerrmm Keira Knightley as Guinevere....

OF COURSE I AM GONNA SEE THIS ONE IN THE THEATRE! :D
GrooveMerchant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I was pondering just going for Keira Knightley, even though the movie did look like mindless special effects and such. Oh well, two of my friends work at the theater, maybe I'll go if they get me in for free.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Eeeerrmm Keira Knightley as Guinevere....

OF COURSE I AM GONNA SEE THIS ONE IN THE THEATRE! Very Happy
and that is why movies like this are made.

Don't get me wrong! Keira is very nice to look at... Spoiler:
Especially when she was in a dress... But when they try to make her look like some tough ass sword weilding warrior, it fell just under pathetic.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything notable about the score?

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! the score was pretty good. My Sis said she wants to get it, she just hopes it wouldn't remind her of the movie Wink

Last edited by Legolas on Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's what I call one hell of a shot down. I was afraid from the first, now I am reassured that I wasn't wrong.
I'll probably rent it and watch it with friends when we'll be in the mood for a truly gory shoot-down-the-film mood.
Ensign

Member#: 8165

aaronebner is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail aaronebner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a godd movie. Kiera is nice, but there is a big mistake white and healthy teeth in the dark middle ages...Smile The score is great!!!
Poland Bercik
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 4167

Bercik is offline View user's profile Send private message Bercik's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Music by Hans Zimmer is stunning, beautiful. Well, I love it.
Lordfan
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 6119

Lordfan is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Lordfan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the movie though. The soundtrack is great too. I even bought it on DVD and the soudtrack. I'm happy to have seen it.
Cadet 2

Member#: 8264

slyce23 is offline View user's profile Send private message slyce23's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

totally off-topic:

Lordfan: That is a very odd picture of Aragorn...

Anyways the film looked dumb from the start
Cadet 1

Member#: 4623

lauriess_13 is offline View user's profile Send private message lauriess_13's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the movie is good to rent, but not worth going to the theatre now. I mean, if you watch to relieve stress and try not to think about the facts associated with the legend of King Arthur, it should be alright.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For me "King Arthur" we are talking about was crap. As well as "Tears of the sun" from the same director.

Both these films have two more things in common:
1) beautiful ladies (Keira Knightley and Monica Belluci)
2) very good soundtrack by Hans Zimmer (& Co. Wink)

And that's all what I remember Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: