StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Additions To The Playlist...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 5:19 pm   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

Here it is! The most demanded playlist requests transformed into a poll!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 7:33 pm   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

There seems to be a minor bug in the forum code. The percentages are inaccurate. Ignore them for now and focus on the number of votes until the new version of this forum comes out with the bug fix.

SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:45 pm   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

Well, I think the percentages work... They just work differently than one would expect... In fact it does this; it looks for the item with the biggest amount of votes and that gets 100%.

The rest of the items actually get the percentage related to the item with the maximum amount of votes.

So the percentages are in fact still useful.

Well.... I hoped this would shed some light [Big Grin]

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:07 am   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by SlowMo:
it looks for the item with the biggest amount of votes and that gets 100%. The rest of the items actually get the percentage related to the item with the maximum amount of votes.

Indeed that is the case. But it is cetrainly not what you expect from a poll.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:13 am   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

Well, the alternative is giving the percentage every item has related to the total number of cast votes, and the tendency is that it gives you very low percentages, even for the 'popular' items.

I've dealt with this stuff enough at work, and the way the forum percentages work is what we do every time, it is much more usefull when you get a large number of items.

Yet, not to confuse the user, we omit the percentages and show bars.

Why the hell am I talking about work here... [Roll Eyes]
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 4:09 am   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

The poll is working perfectly but the percentages are useless because of the nature of the question. this is not a poll where percentages count but in the number of votes for each track. As it stands at this moment tracks with no votes get 0%. Tracks with 1 vote get 50%. And tracks with 2 votes get 100%. This stratification will continue with more votes but for now you can already see the breakdown.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 81

PurpleRen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PurpleRen's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 1:23 pm   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

Wow that list was so hard...I could only pick 5?
Damn, I wish I could've picked more...oh well, had to go for the dark stuff, the scary stuff...and Alladin...LOL

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 8:24 pm   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

Just posting a comment to keep this topic at the top of the forum. I need more input. Thanks [Big Grin]

Jables2002
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 6

Jables2002 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Jables2002's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 10:03 pm   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

Quick note: "Le Faqbuleux Destin D'Amélie Poulin" and "Amelie" are the same score/movie. Dont wanna split the vote on my favorite soundtrack !

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 3:39 pm   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

Thanks for the FYI A.J.

I'll add them together when making a decision.

gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 6:06 pm   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

Doh... you could pick five? I only picked one. ._.
Fanatic2k4
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 7:02 am   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

I want to see Diablo 1 & 2, Myst, Riven, Exile, and Cirque de Soleil win. We need more game soundtracks and Diablo and the Myst series are the BEST. Cirque de Soleil is just too good for words. If you've ever heard it, you would vote for it. Download the mp3, listen to it, and VOTE!
crimsonblake
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 42

crimsonblake is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail crimsonblake's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 8:17 am   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

well i didnt know u could pick 5 i picked 1 [Frown] poo
crimsonblake
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 42

crimsonblake is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail crimsonblake's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 8:21 am   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

you should take diablo2 off the list b/c i will send it in.
Fanatic2k4
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 9:28 am   Post subject: Additions To The Playlist... Reply with quote

Actually, I also gave the website where blizzard lets you download the D2 soundtrack, but Jeric must want to buy the cd. Just to be 'legal' I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: