StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Village

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Diamondback
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7050

Diamondback is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diamondback's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:10 pm   Post subject: The Village Reply with quote

I'm wondering what people think of this upcoming movie. Personally I think that if it's anything like Shyamalan's last 3 suspense movies, then it should be really good.
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure, I haven't seen a trailer yet. I love all of his movies so I am sure it wil be good. Nice Metroid by the way.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really looking forward to it but i heard he had to re-film the ending. not sure why he had to but that usually means less than steller results... killer metroid btw...
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be good... the great thing he does as a film maker IMHO is that he uses the viewers own imagination against them. Thats why some movies are more scary to certain people... He doesn't just point out and show you everything. He lets you get scared in the fear of the unknown... Your imagination runs wild, you get into the story more... thats what this film looks to be.
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like scary movies that let you use your imagination. Blood and guts movies are cool but more funny than scary.

Blair Witch is a perfect example of what you are saying Legolas. So many people did not get it at all and thought it was just plain horrible. I loved it.

A lot of directors re-do their endings, so there is nothing to worry about Captain. For the most part I enjoy watching alternate endings on a DVD.
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

treebob wrote:
Blair Witch is a perfect example of what you are saying Legolas. So many people did not get it at all and thought it was just plain horrible. I loved it.

I wasn't so keen on Blair Witch...I found it rather dull and the characters more annoying than sympathetic. And the "atmosphere" of tension it tried to create didn't work for me (at least until the end...when there's that shot of the guy standing up against the wall...that was definitely creepy).

Shyamalan's films have been well done (I fear I'm in the minority in thinking that his Unbreakable was absolutely excellent) and I'm cautiously optomistic about The Village. Although some people are talking about him running out of steam with this one.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Unbreakable.

Most of the people I know who didn't like it feel that way because they didn't know what they were walking into when they went to see it.

Whenever I recommend this film I always add, it's good, but it also takes it time. Be prepared to just sit back and let this film tell it's story.

Everyone who I've warned with that disclaimer has liked the film the first time they saw it.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbreakable was indeed briljant. I didnt see the plot coming.

The plot of the 6 Sence I saw right throught it from the start. But it still makes the movie enjoyable

Spoiler:
fun to see how he doesnt know he is dead, like the restaurant scene.
Diamondback
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7050

Diamondback is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diamondback's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely liked Unbreakable.

Spoiler:
Never expected Jackson's character to be the one that caused the wreck and all.

USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it too... I like how they used different colored lens. blue and red. Smile
lotrfan2004
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7225

lotrfan2004 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website lotrfan2004's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when someone sees it, will they pm me what the scary "Thing" or creature or whatever is. I have to know how scary before I go see it.

I can do some suspense, it just depends on how bad it is.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is expect another terrific soundtrack thriller from James Newton Howard.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: