StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Similar tracks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
MaxRebo
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 7384

MaxRebo is offline View user's profile Send private message MaxRebo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:30 am   Post subject: Similar tracks Reply with quote

Hi!

Most composers work on a budget (some bigger than others). This will, even if we like it or not, have results on the soundtracks beeing produced. Now and then I hear tracks or part of tracks that are similar to other tracks. Very often it is tracks from the same artist. There may be many explenations why this is the case. What do you think?

Just to start of with an example I heard a track from Interview with a vampire by Elliot Goldenthal (track 6 - Escape to Paris). The opening is very similar to a track in Alien 3 from the same artist (track 2 - Bait and chase).

My first thought is that he tries to describe an escape in both tracks and refines an earlier job to make it work. If he does this out of budget and deadline issues, i don't know. He may just be so pleased with his work that he would use it again...

- MaxRebo
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows? Maybe he had caught the flu and just wasn't feeling very creative that day.

Now, I know you're new around here, so let me just point out that this topic has already been discussed extensively on various occasions, especially in reference to the work of James Horner. Check the older threads.
Belgium Tron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's right here:

http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1706
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3465

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Temp tracks. Heaven for the editors, producers and directors, hell for the composers. Very often, old cues by the composer who is doing the score are used as temps. That may explain why there are so many similar sounding cues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: