StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Jesus Christ - Superstar
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Z93kidd
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 195

Z93kidd is offline View user's profile Send private message Z93kidd's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:47 am   Post subject: Jesus Christ - Superstar Reply with quote

A great soundtrack. Lots of fun.

Please please please please.... [Smile]
jcbryant
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 173

jcbryant is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail jcbryant's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:43 am   Post subject: Jesus Christ - Superstar Reply with quote

This is a strange soundtrack and somewhat offensive. Don't add it.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:34 pm   Post subject: Jesus Christ - Superstar Reply with quote

Where's our resident Bible beater when you need 'em. Yvond, what do you think? [Big Grin]
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:35 pm   Post subject: Jesus Christ - Superstar Reply with quote

Offensive?, Moulin Rouge is offensive, this soundtrack is great.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 61

Clem is offline View user's profile Send private message Clem's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:43 pm   Post subject: Jesus Christ - Superstar Reply with quote

No to this soundtrack. Moulin Rouge maybe offensive at some points but this sountrack is worse.
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:27 pm   Post subject: Jesus Christ - Superstar Reply with quote

Legolas, you trying to piss people off is like a growling puppy shaking a pillow.

If I wanted to listen to musicals I'd go somewhere else. I come here to listen to musical scores. A few tracks here and there are fine, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. No to Rent, JC Superstar. Hell I'd love to see Phantom of the Opera up here, but I don't think it'd fit into the type of songs I this station is meant to have. Maybe I'm wrong.

Lets just be careful to not let this station acquire what has made all other soundtrack stations suck (including the one on XM Radio): TOO BROAD A PLAYLIST.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:02 pm   Post subject: Jesus Christ - Superstar Reply with quote

Ok, I just bought St. Elmo's Fire for $0.99 [Smile]

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:29 pm   Post subject: Jesus Christ - Superstar Reply with quote

I guess the thunderbox of musicals was opened when Grease and Moulin Rouge where added, not to mention that RHPS was the first together with the infamous The Music Man, and I'm forgetting The Wizzard of Oz. Now, West Side Story has been just added, and maybe I'm forgetting some other musicals in this site.

I don't really care for musicals, in fact I haven't watched none of these movies for the reason they were musicals, but if they have been added in the past, why to ban new ones?

I can't see why or where JCS is offensive, but then I'm just a decadent European.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:12 am   Post subject: Jesus Christ - Superstar Reply with quote

A decadent European from the land of Inquisitions... Why does that sound incredible, esp?

Seriously though, JCS may have an interesting soundtrack, I don't know, but since it is a musical I think it should get slightly less priority on Jeric's purchase list, because musical soundtracks is not the 'core business' of SST.

PS : I am a Moulin Rouge soundtrack fan btw... The music makes me re-live the movie, and that's good.
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 2:45 am   Post subject: Jesus Christ - Superstar Reply with quote

ahhhright. i know religion is touchy for some people. but this track is a good one. u want offensive. listen too "RENT". another one of my fav's. i would like that here. but the only way that could be. is if jeric would chop the album to the least non offensive tracks. We could do that to "JCS"... But then what would be the point. I think a poll should be takien on this track,"rent","great expectations" (***awesome***) and where is "st elmo's fire"?

MUSIC- isn't supposed to always make u happy and comfortable. it should bring out all kinds of emotions. so what if some of this music pisses u off. hell there is a few of us on here that piss people off (COCLES, me, slow, etc.) but it's OKAY. when some one pisses me off here... it just wakes me up at work. and thats what some offensive music may do too. But that's just my opinon, i could be wrong. [Big Grin]
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:02 am   Post subject: Jesus Christ - Superstar Reply with quote

Don't forget about Little Shop of Horrors and one of my favorites, The Nightmare Before Christmas. [Smile]

I think we have enough musicals on here for now. My idea of SST's playlist is at least 95% scores. The other 5% is songs inspired by the movie and musicals. Even though I'm not much of a musical fan, I think it is nice to hear some vocals every once in a whle. It kind of breaks up the instrumental monotany.

But, I'll go ahead and listen to JCS. And I'll apply the basic rule "if it sounds good then I'll add it". Besides, I'd like to see what is offensive about it.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Aibeethoven
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 4775

Aibeethoven is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Aibeethoven's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:27 pm   Post subject: Jesus Christ Superstar Reply with quote

I know this music was writen by a musical-composer (Sir Adrew Lloyd Webber). If you ask me if this should be added then YES. It is a movie so the soundtrack is from a movie. So I don't see why there is so much fightin'. I'd see: "Listen to the member and give them what they ask!" It's the same as with politics. Or as a Roman Emperor said to his aids to keep the people from rioting:"give them bread and games."

So why don't U do the same?????
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Jesus Christ Superstar Reply with quote

Aibeethoven wrote:
I know this music was writen by a musical-composer (Sir Adrew Lloyd Webber). If you ask me if this should be added then YES. It is a movie so the soundtrack is from a movie. So I don't see why there is so much fightin'. I'd see: "Listen to the member and give them what they ask!" It's the same as with politics. Or as a Roman Emperor said to his aids to keep the people from rioting:"give them bread and games."

So why don't U do the same?????

Because the majority of the members don't want it, doofus.

I've been reading all your posts. You really need to read the Newbie faq over in the FAQ section. Enjoy. Very Happy
frankfrank
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 5543

frankfrank is offline View user's profile Send private message frankfrank's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I like musicals (including JCS), I'd rather SST stick to 'real' soundtracks.
Just my two-pennies.
BTW, I'm a newbie member here, though I've been an anonymous user for the last month.
With my one hundred album collection of soundtrack scores, I'm in heaven! All sountracks, all the time!
This site is the best thing since the invention of talkies.
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicals are wonderful! BUT.....I think JERIC's philosophy of 95% scores and 5% songs is the best way. Go to another soundtrack station if you want more songs - keep SST the way it is!

Quote:
I'd see: "Listen to the member and give them what they ask!" It's the same as with politics. Or as a Roman Emperor said to his aids to keep the people from rioting:"give them bread and games."

Now what would happen if everyone got what they wanted? CHAOS! We'd lose the core of what SST really is! Enjoy SST without complaining about what did NOT get added. Isn't it impressive that we have, FOR FREE, access to over 1,400 albums (over 25,000 songs)? Crikey, I say thanks a million to JERIC and all who made this station possible.

My 2-bits, if anyone cared.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: