StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How have you discovered SST?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles, that was a great post - always interested to find out about SST's early days.

I was just getting back into scores having let my interest slip for a while. I was searching for a place to get up to date and hear new scores by composers I didn't know, checked out Live365 and found SST.

Edit: Actually just realised I've been here a year now (at last!!).
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Searching for Gladiator music on Shoutcast. Shocked Russell Crowe. Embarassed

As soon as I joined the forum and this vote thingy appeared I gave Cocles a 1 star rating 'cause I hated him. HAW HAW
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's early in the morning and I'm up because I'm on duty at the firehouse. Anyway, for those interested in the history of SST check these out:

From archive.org:

Sept/Oct 2001 (depending on which date you believe):
http://web.archive.org/web/20010929061600/http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/

May 2002 (closest available to when I joined):
http://web.archive.org/web/20020523192718/http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/

You can follow all the links from here:
[url]http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.streamingsoundtracks.com[/url]

Something's fishy with the dates (compare link date to dates for site additions, etc.) and the chat seems to be the same for some. I tried to find a link with the java buttons that I hated but was too lazy.

--
jeff
sdg
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a long-time Live365 member and I listen to several different types of music during the year. I ran across SST many times when in a mood for scores. SST ranked up there with my favorites for listening, but I tended to stay away from the web sites as they were mostly just a big advertisement, so I didn't come to SST's site.

After my office banned L365, I spent a lot of time (note to IT managers: just give us our damned music or web sites and we will spend our time more productively) looking for alternate means of getting music. After awhile, I found an Ogg stream for SST. I finally checked out SST's web site and found a couple of ways that I could listen. Then, like Cal, I started to chat and I became hooked.

The L365 ban lasted about a year and a half, but about a month or so after getting SST on Ogg, my IT guy opened up L365 again (after I did him a favor, of course).
Lieutenant

Member#: 482

Patje is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Patje's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I discoverd SST searching for soundtracks via Shoutcast. I think it's been over two years ago. I remember that the standard webpage was green and after a month or two you could choose your own color background. I was, and still am, very excited about it. A lot has changed since then.
And it's getting better and better ever since.
Ensign

Member#: 4630

krissles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website krissles's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

it's interesting how everyone found this site.
I kind of just stumbled across this place. I have always been obsessed with soundtracks, so one day decided to do a search on goggle for soundtrack radio stations.. and well.. Here I am. Haven't looked back since. My collection has increased dramatically this year all thanks to SST!

(My bank account is also alot smaller because of SST too Smile )
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story C.

I found it doing a search on Live 365 for stations that played LOTR type soundtracks (there's a shock). The other station i found was so random and too many repeats, so I came here, and been here ever since.
Cadet 1

Member#: 7937

Geris is offline View user's profile Send private message Geris's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoutcast
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa there, Geris. You don't want to go and use all of your words for the week in just one post. Try to keep it short and simple, okay? Wink Smile Very Happy

And, welcome to SST! The biggest and the best!!
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i discoverd sst while drinking in my lab... I was disapointed in my recent failures when i began to pour up a glass of brandy... A few hours and lots of lightning, and one crazy mushroom later... SST was on my computer screen... I sreamed EUREKA! AND then ran through the castle naked...

Try explaining that to the american public...
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto for me what Krissles said. SST was found through our lovely Googlemeister! The first thing I turn on when I walk into the room - SST! (I have my computer hooked up to my stereo).
Ensign

Member#: 990

goober is offline View user's profile Send private message goober's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I found SST while searching for music on Real Player. I had been listening to an 80's station previously (I'm gonna get razzed for that admission!) but they disappeared. I need music to work productively but had an ultra conservative boss at the time so I decided that orchestral music coming through my computer probably wouldn't get me fired. I did a search for soundtrack stations, found SST, and have listened every working day since.

Entering the chat and forums took a lot longer. I was a lurker for months before I finally took the plunge and chatted. Now I'm hooked! And with the addition of a new office, new more understanding boss, and headphones, I don't have to worry how loud the music gets (or what Fight Club song gets played)!!
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ditto for me what Krissles said. SST was found through our lovely Googlemeister!

Now if anyone out there has a website and wants to spread the word about SST and help us get to the top of search engines like Google and Yahoo, let 'ole Graywolf know about it. I'll give you the code and all you'll have to do is cut and paste. Heck if you want send me the URL and I'll do all the work for you.
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you PM me that code graywolf? Is it different than what's on here?
Cadet 1

Member#: 8245

metalhead is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website metalhead's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it doing a search on Live 365 for stations that played matrix soundtracks Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: