StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Maybe some Yoko Kanno scores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Masterbios
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 312

Masterbios is offline View user's profile Send private message Masterbios's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:59 am   Post subject: Maybe some Yoko Kanno scores Reply with quote

I think besides Kenji Kawai and Jo Hisiashi she's the best composer from Japan. It's a pitty not even one soundtrack from her is here, but there are so many great ones. Memories, Macross Plus, Cowboy Bebop, Vision of Escaflowne (all unique in their style)
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:24 am   Post subject: Maybe some Yoko Kanno scores Reply with quote

I've requested Cowboy Bebop a number of times, so I'll try it again.

Jeric, the tracks from Bebop are either really good, or complete elevator drivel. The problem is I don't know which of the CD's has the best tracks. So if any of you Bebop fans want to help, please give your recommendation.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:22 am   Post subject: Maybe some Yoko Kanno scores Reply with quote

I know someone whose got 3 CDs, I'll check it out. I know the anime, music is great!
Masterbios
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 312

Masterbios is offline View user's profile Send private message Masterbios's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:26 pm   Post subject: Maybe some Yoko Kanno scores Reply with quote

Well depends on your taste. The first one is more Jazzy than the second one. The third I don't recall. Btw I think there is a fourth which is basically a remix album
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:11 am   Post subject: Maybe some Yoko Kanno scores Reply with quote

The ones I head (don't remember which ones they are now) were very, very, very bad.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:18 am   Post subject: Maybe some Yoko Kanno scores Reply with quote

I listened to three CDs dont know their titles. But the first one was the official score: amazon link

IMHO very fun to listen. I am a fan of this kind of jazzy music.

The other two I listened where mostly just songs. Not a score. Quite boring
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:34 am   Post subject: Maybe some Yoko Kanno scores Reply with quote

Jeric, listen to "Tank" it's the theme song and gives you a good idea as to what to expect.

If the first album is the one with the scores, then that's the one I recommend, because the spoken songs are AWFUL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: