StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Cowboy Bebop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
loveslave
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 98

loveslave is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website loveslave's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 12:49 am   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

I'm really not into Anime and Manga normally, but I just saw a couple of episodes of a series called Cowboy Bebop, and it has a wicked soundtrack. It's a sort of blues/gangster bop/swing theme. It's composed by Yoko Kanno and performed by a band called the Seat Belts (stupid name...)

Today's hottest music tip. Just my two cents.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:28 am   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

Cowboy Bebop is hands down the best Anime ever. And yes, Jeric. The soundtrack is definitely worth looking into. I have friends who hate anime but still love the soundtrack. The only draw back... actually this might be a benefit, is that there's so much good music on it that it takes up 3 different cd's
Trilobyte
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:25 pm   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

Right now I am very much against getting this soundtrack. Personally I really hate Anime, but that is not my reason (It would be unfair anyways). This site was originally full of beautiful symphonic/orchestral film music, i.e. the classical-oriented type by John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith. I really want to see this site continue in this direction and avoid the really noisy, electronic music (which anime is known for).

Maybe I am wrong about this particular score. But if the music is indeed that good, i would like to sample it. Some links to reviews and soundclips would be really helpful, and may even change my mind.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 98

loveslave is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website loveslave's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:20 pm   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

It's not at all noisy, electronic music. However it's not symphonic, orchestral either. As Cocles said it's quite a lot of music, but mostly jazz, blues and swing (almost totally instrumental). If you're using AudioGalaxy you can find some samples if you search for "Seat Belts". Otherwise I could send you one or two songs, if you like. Oh, and I found a review at http://www.uk-anime.net/reviews/music/cowboy.html
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:12 am   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

*bump*

Just to fresh up JERIC's memory [Smile]

relevant amazon link
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:40 am   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

*bump*

Well Jeric was pleading on the board that we have to use the forum again.

Well time to remind him again about the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack [Smile]
cvb
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 65

cvb is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website cvb's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:22 am   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

Please please please get this soundtrack. Most people associate anime/manga music with bad techno or Japanese rock. The composer for this CD, Yoko Kanno, is one of the more well respected artists in Japan. Most of her work in anime is considered the best in years!!

I have the first Cowboy Bebop soundtrack and it is excellent!
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:19 am   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

Ok, you talked me into it. I ordered it today from Cartoon Passion.

http://www.cartoonpassion.com/cowboybebop2.html

I ordered Original Soundtrack #1. Is that the correct one?

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:01 pm   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

Sweet!!

Can't wait to hair 'Tank' on the stream! [Big Grin]

*off to watch another Cowbow Bebop episode*
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:56 am   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

Thank you [Big Grin]
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:12 pm   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

Do you all really like this? I'm trying to get into it.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:18 am   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

Every song. That soundtrack is just plain fun. Once again thank you for adding it to the stream [Smile]
Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:09 am   Post subject: Cowboy Bebop Reply with quote

I, personally, am a huge fan of Cowboy Bebop and my favorite album is Blue. I think I mentioned that on an earlier post.

However, I have not pushed further for it or purchased it for SST because only about 1/3 of the album is actual scored music. The rest is a mix of jazz and Japanese pop, but GOOD Japanese pop. [Smile] I guess I would leave it up to JERIC to say yay or nay on that particular donation.

I will also speculate that much of the Cowboy Bebop music is so wonderful to us because we have heard it in the context of the episodes. I am sure this could be debated but I am only trying give some perspective to others who wonder what kind of drugs we do to like this music.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: