StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Marketing to a specific target (Split from Age Poll)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:31 pm   Post subject: Marketing to a specific target (Split from Age Poll) Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:
jk2silly wrote:
well after 27 votes we still do not have any 15 and younger members represented and no 0ver-60s. There are 2 markets we need to target. Needs thought though.

maybe the 60+ aren't answering Wink

That does not make sense though. The 60+ crowd one would think would enjoy this genre of music as it is not that "rock and roll noise". Very Happy On the other hand they may be shy of admitting to being older as this is the internet and the media bombards us with information to not share any personal information about ourselkves over the internet and senirs are the fav target of the "con man" and the "phishers".

I can only speculate here but another reason is that most older folks that I meet tend to be a little frightened of computers in general. They think that by buying a computer they will become the victims of identity theft, even without connecting to the internet!

This is a rich market to tap though as there is a weath of insight and musical knowledge to be gained here, as well as contributions. Twisted Evil
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

jk2silly wrote:
The 60+ crowd one would think would enjoy this genre of music as it is not that "rock and roll noise". Very Happy

you must not be here early in the morning (sst time) for my requests Wink
Commander

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

point conceded. We do have some "raucous" tracks here (Timewarp comes to mind immediately). We do however have quite a vast array of other music that is available for our users.

A good reason to target the Under 15 crowd is the disposable income factor as if we "get em while the're young we can boost the CD sales and also generate revenue for the site as they would get to Amazon by clicking on the links in the site.
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

jk2silly wrote:
point conceded. We do have some "raucous" tracks here (Timewarp comes to mind immediately). We do however have quite a vast array of other music that is available for our users.

A good reason to target the Under 15 crowd is the disposable income factor as if we "get em while the're young we can boost the CD sales and also generate revenue for the site as they would get to Amazon by clicking on the links in the site.

well we have quite a few 15-17 year olds, and they can't donate or become VIP's due to the no credit card/bank account factor, so they say. But, I would think the 15-21 range is prime market - maybe we need Gray's input here
Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on now! Have you NEVER heard of Check Cards? I meet teens with those every day. Also most parents have the CC info stored on the computer anyway.

You are right though as the 15 to 21 group has the greatest amount of disposable income and that is the market that should be targeted the most in a purely materialistic point of view. Gray could definitely tell us more.
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have, but that is the complaint i have seen in chat from the under 18 crowd here.

Hey jk2 - you're a commodore now Smile
Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well thank yeeew fer noticin'. I am proud of the new pip.

I agree that the under 18 crowd does have a distinct disadvantage at buying CDs as they are limited in most cases to cash only sales. Many sites are starting to accept gift cards over the internet though so this is a burgeoning market.
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lolll basically just a conversation between thuring and jk2silly...

well not anymore Wink I'm saving the day!
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol schro - that's another reason i moved it, if people have already looked at a poll they may not go back to it.

Hopefully this will give us more ideas for it here
Commander

Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping that lotrgirl adds her thoughts to this. I am quite interested to get the point of view from the less represented age groups on how we can improve the site.
Lieutenant

Member#: 7872

lotrgirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View lotrgirl's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

jk2silly wrote:

You are right though as the 15 to 21 group has the greatest amount of disposable income and that is the market that should be targeted the most in a purely materialistic point of view. Gray could definitely tell us more.

Ok jk2silly, here's my response that you wanted Smile Not all of us 15-21 year olds have disposable incomes. I work to pay for college, as I'm sure many do. But overall, you are probably right. I have a lot of friends that are able to frivilously spend their money.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well i contributed all i could last month, and i think the SSTore helps, as well. I dont know what else would help, as far as my age group. I think there are a whole lot more people my age who listen but dont participate actively in the site (ie contribute money, chat, participate in polls and forums). BUT, the college kids have to have SOMETHING pumping through their ears while they study endlessly. I dont know if that info helps at all.

Maybe the SSTore could be a little more accessable/flashy/advertised from the home page ... assuming that helps bring in the necessary money to SST.

... assuming the point is to get more money from this age group.

i also know a club at college that is hosting a halo2 tournament to raise money ... there are really limitless possibilities. just need the creativeness to come up with them.
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not about money, but getting people to listen.Wink
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Becca's suggestion about making the SST store more visible is a good one. Maybe you could make a blinking IM icon out of the SST wallpaper and put that in the downloads section. If some of the college students on here use that, their friends will see it.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think that is a good idea about making the store more visible. I just want to let you know I don't mark up any of the prices in the SSTore. So we don't make money from T-shirts. You pay the same price as I would.

Maybe a flashing SST thong would get more people to view the store??? Very Happy

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: