StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Flash Menu Bug Reports

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:37 am   Post subject: Flash Menu Bug Reports Reply with quote

The DHTML menu has been replaced with a Flash menu. Flash is one of the most compatible components for the web. To follow gray's post on the DHTML menu...

If you are having problems with the Flash menu please leave a message here with the following information:

What operating system are you using:
What browser and version are you using:
Describe the condition as best as possible:

example

Operating System: Windows XP PRO
Browser: Firefox 1.0
Error Condition: describe the condition as much as possible.

Keep posts technical in nature with just the facts, no rants please.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.

Last edited by JERIC on Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Browser: Firefox 1.0

In Firefox (saw it on version 1.0, but probably for all versions), if I set the Minimum Font Size to anything larger than 13, I lose the "Ready" or the request timer in the VIP box. It looks like the box doesn't resize for that value. It does resize when the "Thank you for being a VIP" grows, just not for the value of "Ready" or my timer.

I run at pretty high resolution on my main PC (1280x1024) but on a 17" flat panel, and larger font sizes make it readable from a comfortable distance.

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That has nothing to do with the flash menu. But I changed the properties of that text so it should look better. On thing though, it's in an inline frame so it refreshes automatically. If you make the font bigger it may get truncated.

Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 2000
Firefox 1.0

I'm having a problem on my work computer. I don't know if this has anything to do with the flash menu or not, but it only happens on SST and only since the flash menu arrived...

When I am using SST and I hit the back button on Firefox, it often doesn't work unless I hit it 2 or 3 or 10 times. I'm not being impatient because when it finally works, it only goes back one page. I'm not sure if this has anything at all to do with SST, but so far this is the only site I've had a problem with and it has just started happening since the flash menu appreared.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I think it is backing up the request timer inline frame in the VIP block. I will change the code so it doesn't refresh as a new page (hard to explain).

Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentoo Linux
Firefox 1.0

Just to add to Pixies post: I've had instances where I'll intereact with the menu and then something happens where mouse control isn't properly released to Firefox so the next time I click on something it won't work.
I've only seen it here, and only after using the Flash menus.
Possibly related.
Either way I wanted to note it here in case it became relevant to somebody else at some point.

Also, something's "off" with the VIP box. The "Your Request:" text seems to be offset in the box somewhat. It looks like there's a box under "Thank you..." that's in the background color of the site, and then within that is the "Your Request:" box in the site forground color, but it's shoved into the upper left corner of the background colored box.

I know that's confusing, so I can post a screenshot if somebody thinks it'll be useful.

jeff
sdg
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: