StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Soundtracks Here
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:39 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

Is there a soundtrack you've first heard on SST that totally surprised you? Maybe a soundtrack you bought becase you heard it on SST? Has SST exposed new composers to you?

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:53 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

Before SST I didn't care at all for Gladiator, the movie, after listening to the ST here, I decided to go and watch it. This place has shown me about Hans Zimmer, I had never cared about ST the way I do now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:33 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

First time I heard 'Ashitaka Kouki' from the 'Mononoke Hime' album, it gave me gooseflesh (looked that up in the dictonary [Wink] ). I have the soundtrack now at home. It is the wrong one though. Will buy the 'symphonic suite' some day.

Another 'gooseflesh'-track is Star Wars' Love theme. Too bad that the rest of the album is not that good.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:42 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

Okay, some people are going to kill me here... But I bought the moulin rouge collectors edition soundtrack thanks to this site, as well as the gladiator soundtrack btw.
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:31 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

I went and bought vol. 2 of the Gladiator soundtrack because of hearing it here.I probably buy a track once a month, sometimes they are not so good, sometimes they are ,but SS has definetly exposed an entire new landscape to find what I like and learn to appreciate other types of soundtracks.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:36 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

I think I'm a bit backwards here, but I think Gladiator's soundtrack actually brought me here, rather than the reverse.

The latest soundtracks to catch my eye, or my ears, rather, have to be the Spy Games and Fight Club soundtracks. They are both in two types of music I absolutely despise when I hear them in at any other time. I don't know why I like them, but I do. I also knew nothing of Vangelis before, and now they are also one of my favorite.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:11 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

I bought the LOTR soundtrack because I heard it here.

Yeehaw!
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:48 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

To tell you the truth, I had no idea what a soundtrack really was before I found this site. [Big Grin]

I think this site is great to have an inkling of how good a soundtrack is before you buy it.

I personaly bought, MI2, Bad Boys, 13th Warrior to name a few and all of them because I had heard them here.

This site is the best!
Ensign

Member#: 255

Van is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Van's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 9:54 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

I have to say that I've been very happy with this site. I heard a couple that I've really liked, so I've started a running list of what I want to purchase now. What is Shenmue by Yuzo Koshiro btw? I heard it and really liked it. [Cool]

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 11:27 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

Shenmue is a video game for Sega.

Shenmue 2 is already available and I'm trying to get my hands on that too. The Shenmue soundtracks are pretty hard to find. Best bet is eBay.

USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:16 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

Good God this site rocks! I listen to it at work, it is like my life has a soundtrack when I listen. [Smile] I have always liked soooothing music to relax me and thats what this place does [Embarrassed] ... I had the Braveheart cd and What Dreams May come before I moved to this second home...And now, thanx to Jeric I am able to go to Best Buy and other C.D. selling stores after i have listened and buy new ones...I now have Gladiator,MOULIN ROUGE [Wink] ,SHREK,The Time Machine***, and The ROCK. just to name a few. My collection has grown, along with my appreciation for soundtracks.... Thank you Jeric for this KICK ASS site! [Big Grin]
digikleuter
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 257

digikleuter is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website digikleuter's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:20 pm   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

I listen to Streaming Soundtracks with RealOne, and when I hear something I don't know but like or when I doing something on the computer but the music in my mind changes from background noise to the foreground because it is zo beautiful, THAT is the moment I have to check out what's playing. That is when I experience new music. That is where Streaming Soundtracks is so good at.
I most say I never took an interest in the Final Fantasy Game Soundtracks, but I notice I often check out what's playing and it often is the piano versions of FF or the ochestrated scores. I most get somsthing of that in my collection soon! :-)

Regards,
Mario
www.soundtrack.be
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:53 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

There are some hidden treasures in game music. I discovered Panzer Dragoon recently. What an amazing soundtrack that is!

Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:22 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

I went and bought The mask of Zorro. I didn't like the film and took no notice of the music, until I heard it here.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 81

PurpleRen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PurpleRen's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:57 am   Post subject: Soundtracks Here Reply with quote

I remember when someone requested the Soundtrack for Diablo 2 by Matt Uelmen. I never heard that soundtrack, cause I never got a chance to play the game. But, after hearing it, I went out and bought it. And I've played it for my friends, and they loved it.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: