StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Fantastic Four: Trailer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
doodle
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7277

doodle is offline View user's profile Send private message doodle's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:38 am   Post subject: The Fantastic Four: Trailer Reply with quote

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantastic_four/

Based on the Marvel comic strip, The Fantastic Four is the big budget, big screen outing that will see Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, The Invisible Woman and The Human Torch taking on the evil Dr. Victor Von Doom.

Starring: Ioan Gruffudd, Michael Chiklis, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Julian McMahon. Directed by Tim Story.

Today seems to be a good day for trailers Very Happy Often taken to be the poorer cousins of some of Marvels other characters, The Four were also some of their least subtle, even having publicly known towering skyscraper as their base of operations.
Indeed some of the characters might seem cliched at first glance (and fans of the Incredibles might find a few similarities), and diehard superhero movie fans aren't holding much hope for this one. Personally, I'm going to take it as it comes, and judge for myself.
Keith Moore
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 55

Keith Moore is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Keith Moore's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't thrilled with the casting when I heard it, except for Julian McMahon as Dr. Doom (he gets a break because he rocks on Nip/Tuck), but that teaser looks pretty darn cool. Thing looks funny, but that's a tough one to bring to life.

I hope it's at least as good as the X-Men.
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be worse...

It could be like the 1997 Roger Corman version of Fantastic Four.

Here are some reviews of the 1997 version...

http://www.filmhobbit.com/cgi-bin/movies/movies.cgi?action=showreview&review=ff1994

http://www.stomptokyo.com/otf/Fant-Four/Fant-Four.htm

http://imdb.com/title/tt0109770/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj0wfHE9ZmFudGFzdGljIGZvdXJ8aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=3;ft=21;fm=1

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Four was one of my favorite Marvel comics when I was young, although Cloak and Dagger are still my favorite Smile
Cadet 3

Member#: 8891

BiffBolt is offline View user's profile Send private message BiffBolt's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Based upon the trailer this is going to suck. Hard. They should have sprung for some real writers.

Even then, I'm not convinced that the state-of-the-art in FX is up to this movie. Certainly Elastigirl in The Incredibles looked wa-a-a-a-ay better than Mr Fantastic in this trailer...
you can be me when I'm gone..."
- SANDMAN #67, Neil Gaiman
BiffBolt
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

BiffBolt is offline View user's profile Send private message BiffBolt's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

D@mn.

Browser crash double-post. Sorry.
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go backa nd edit/delete the post if you like. Should be on the right hand side next to quote.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4984

circleprovider is offline View user's profile Send private message circleprovider's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished the trailer. And I don't really see how you can tell that it will *suck* based solely on the trailer. The FX looks satisfactory at least. And remember, it's a Summer movie. There's going to be those silly one-liners and big explosions.

I think if I go to this one with the mindset that it will be a "fun" movie, I probably won't leave disappointed. And hell, if I'm going to throw down $20 to go see a movie, I should probably do whatever I can to try to enjoy it.

I never really got into this comic book. But then again I was lured away from Marvel to Image. I think perhaps I was too young to find this one in time.
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

circleprovider wrote:
I just finished the trailer. And I don't really see how you can tell that it will *suck* based solely on the trailer. The FX looks satisfactory at least. And remember, it's a Summer movie. There's going to be those silly one-liners and big explosions.

I think if I go to this one with the mindset that it will be a "fun" movie, I probably won't leave disappointed. And hell, if I'm going to throw down $20 to go see a movie, I should probably do whatever I can to try to enjoy it.

I never really got into this comic book. But then again I was lured away from Marvel to Image. I think perhaps I was too young to find this one in time.

Too young??? I'm not sure how old you are but the Fantastic Four comic has been around since the late 1960's.

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA circleprovider
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4984

circleprovider is offline View user's profile Send private message circleprovider's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was into comics like 'Wolverine', 'X-Men', and 'The Punisher' when I was between 10 and 13 or so. When I came back to comics it was right when Image came out with 'Spawn' and all of their Big Guns and girls with very little clothing style of comics. So The Fantastic Four never quite held my attention. It just seemed too old fashioned for me at the time.

{I'm 27 by the way}
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, Dr. Doom never went up in space with the FF. And I kept thinking during the trailer that the orange suit looked really fake, and they should have found a cuter Johnny to get women to watch the film.

I guess Jessica Alba is okay since Sue Storm was much younger when she first met Reed. But I would have preferred an older actress who could run after Johnny and look worried about him. I'd be willing to see it as a summer popcorn flick.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TreeBob wrote:
You can go backa nd edit/delete the post if you like. Should be on the right hand side next to quote.

Actually tree, you can only go back and edit. Only the mods/admins can delete.
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the trailer looked pretty cool for a summer flick. Now, I never read comic books, so I have no idea how it will compare. But, maybe that's good for me as I will just be able to enjoy it and not have to analyze and compare.
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

noted thur

I will be seeing it, any Marvel is good
Cadet 3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

circleprovider wrote:
I just finished the trailer. And I don't really see how you can tell that it will *suck* based solely on the trailer..

Because the trailer betrays a lack of fidelity to the source material. Not just to the pesky only-fanboyz-will-care details, but to the broad strokes. This wasn't a labor of love ala "Lord of the Rings", this was an adaptation wherein all concerned only cared about their paycheques.

circleprovider wrote:
The FX looks satisfactory at least. And remember, it's a Summer movie. There's going to be those silly one-liners and big explosions.

I think if I go to this one with the mindset that it will be a "fun" movie, I probably won't leave disappointed.

I can't speak for others, but I don't have "fun" watching stupid, loud "summer" movies. Particularly when dropping in excess of $20 on them.

There's no reason why "summer movie" should equate to "leave your brain at home". Adopting that attitude is what lets the studios continue to make money while producing festering gobs of horse excrement for our viewing pleasure.

My prediction: "Fantastic Four" will be this year's "Catwoman". Or maybe "Godzilla".

Last edited by BiffBolt on Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: