StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Fantastic Four: Trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
BiffBolt
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 8891

BiffBolt is offline View user's profile Send private message BiffBolt's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I see I'm not the only one with low expectations for this film...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2005-01-24&res=l Warning: NSFW language.
you can be me when I'm gone..."
- SANDMAN #67, Neil Gaiman
GrooveMerchant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know what to expect from this movie at this point. When I heard that Tim Story was directing I was to say the least bewildered. Tim Story? I said to myself, the same Tim Story whos short list of work includes Barber Shop and Taxi? Boy, now I can sleep well knowing that The Fantastic Four are in his capable hands. Maybe if we're all lucky he can turn out another gem like Taxi! WHAT THE HELL! Evil or Very Mad Why would you pick Tim Story to direct The Fantastic 4?

Maybe I'm being a little harsh, maybe someone knows something I don't. Maybe he's been getting the shaft with other movies and this will be his break out directing extraviganza! Or maybe not. Who knows......
But I will say one thing, I like Julian McMahon as Doctor Doom, and Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman. The trailer suprised me, it looks a little better than I thought, but I still have the feeling it will bomb.

By the way, I apologize to any Tim Story fans out there, if they exist.
USA circleprovider
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4984

circleprovider is offline View user's profile Send private message circleprovider's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of the same was said about Sam Raimi when it was said that he was doing 'Spider-man'. Now don't get me wrong ... I personally loved 'Army of Darkness' and 'Evil Dead 2' ... but I can't say the same for everyone else out there.

I thought he did a great job with the Spider-Man series so far, raising the bar for the quality of comic book movies.

And while we're at it, Bryan Singer, the director of 'X-Men' and 'X2' was also *somewhat* new to the game, especially with the summer action movies.
GrooveMerchant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps so circle, but Sam Raimi already had a tiny slew of pictures under his belt. In addition of the Evil Dead series, A simple Plan, Quick and the Dead and DarkMan, which was kind of a quirky superhero movie anyways. Raimi also has a long list of work as a writer and producer.

Bryan Singer was pretty fresh, but at least he had done The Usual Suspects. So he can at least be credited with one good film.

So maybe Story will turn out a good one with Fantastic Four, but until he makes at least one film I even remotely consider decent, I'll remain skeptical.
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing looks like he's in a crappy latex suit. looks cheap. hellboy and hulk were fantastic, the thing is big let down.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The film wasn't respectful of the source material at all, but I was entertained in a dumb summer popcorn flick kind of way. I think if Dr. Doom had more practice using his powers, he would have blown away the FF and had a better conquer the world plan.

Spoiler:
I couldn't help but laugh at Jessica Alba as 'Director of Genetic Research', no explanation of how the astronauts returned to earth, how Ben knew that he could stop a fire truck, how a force field could contain a 'supernova', why Sue had to get naked to run across the bridge when Johnny and Reed ended up in the same place with clothes on. Too hilarious!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: