StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Eh, minor little thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:31 pm   Post subject: Eh, minor little thing. Reply with quote

I just came here because I wanted to buy a soundtrack and get SST some click through or something. So I went to the one I wanted and looked in the links section and didn't see an Amazon one... oops. Well I like half.com but there weren't any up there anyway.

So yeah, I'm blind and totally missed the entire row of Amazon with all the countries to choose from because there wasn't an Amazon icon. In fact, I've missed it several times and have always been like man, why don't they have the link there?! And finally realized. Doh.

Just some feedback. Don't really have any solutions other than to perhaps add an amazon icon in the links row and have it go to some default language.
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Like gecko, I almost thought there was no Amazon either. I was pretty sure SST hadn't given up on Amazon so I kept looking and found the entire line. A newbie might not notice it and head right off to one of the others on the line below it.

Possible suggestion would be to have Amazon shown as an icon next to each flag, or to have the Amazon.com title as a header over the flags.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Points taken! Thanks for the feedback.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, it seemed pretty self-explanatory to me since all the rows have a heading/title. If you hover your cursor over each flag, you can see the URL at the bottom of the pop-up window corresponding to the appropriate Amazon site. If you get too many icons, you might lose the simplicity of the pop-up window.

An idea might be to add some Alternate Text to each flag (i.e. Amazon - USA, Amazon - Canada, etc.) and/or change the heading from Amazon to Amazon.com

Just an idea...I'm sure SST will come up with something to solve this...great work JERIC.

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the buy image underneath the album art. How's that?

There is alt text for each image. You probably running firefox so you can't see it.

gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert_Locksley wrote:
Hmmm, it seemed pretty self-explanatory to me since all the rows have a heading/title. If you hover your cursor over each flag, you can see the URL at the bottom of the pop-up window corresponding to the appropriate Amazon site. If you get too many icons, you might lose the simplicity of the pop-up window.

An idea might be to add some Alternate Text to each flag (i.e. Amazon - USA, Amazon - Canada, etc.) and/or change the heading from Amazon to Amazon.com

Just an idea...I'm sure SST will come up with something to solve this...great work JERIC.

The thing about it is that my eye subconsciously skips reading the entire left column because of the obviousness of what most of the right side column means. I know when I read down which is the title, which is the year, artist, etc without having to read each label, so it gets skipped without even thinking. When my eyes hit the flags, all my brain is triggered to think is "language"... nothing in the right column implies "Amazon.com" or that clicking the flags will lead you to a way to purchase them at all.

I know, it's really minor and a lot of people probably do catch it but I totally missed it until now and feel bad for not giving SST some of that click-through-the-link stuff that lets Amazon and SST know where a sale occured so SST can get some credit.

On a side note, alt tags are used correctly in Firefox. The thing is that IE has incorrectly set the precedent and gone against web standards all these years. "alt" is to be used only for text based browsers or when the image fails to load or is simply told not to load, not as a hover-over effect. Firefox correctly uses "title" for this feature. So to be completely standards compliant you have to include an "alt" and a "title" within the image tag.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the lazy thing and installed a FireFox extension that "fixes" this issue. It can be found here: http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/popupalt

Live365 needs to update their code too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: