StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Planning to contribute?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:04 am   Post subject: Planning to contribute? Reply with quote

If you're planning to contribute soon, we need cash.

I am building a new server for SST and and we're almost out of hard drive space on the current server. I know a few people are sending some soundtracks in to get added to the playlist. I have just enough room for them and essential releases that are coming out soon.

Instead of sending in soundtracks in or an Amazon gift certificates please send a monetary donation or NewEgg.com/Buy.com gift certificate instead. Usually it doesn't matter but I kind of don't have a choice at the moment.

It will be about 2 months before we can convert to the new server. I'm raising the donation goal to $500 this month in hope to afford more for the new server. If you've been waiting to donate for a while and haven't, now is the time to do it. We can use it more now than ever before. I also notice that most people donate large sums. I rather there were more people who donated lesser somes. $1-5 is very much appreciated. $5 x100 is better than $25 x20!

We also need more money to raise the limit of Live365 listeners. We are getting into VIP mode too early in the day.

Thank you everyone!

https://secure.buy.com/retail/giftcenter/gift_cert_purchase.asp

https://secure.newegg.com/app/giftcertificate.asp?GiftFormat=2

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.

Last edited by JERIC on Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd been planning this for a while, but frankly I've been lazy and selfish. I always thought that spending $1/month on SST would hardly impact my budget at all. However, I wanted to make my first donation large enough to cover every month since I joined, and then pick up with $1/month after that. Well, some is better then none. Now I've gone and donated $1, and plan to continue the trend monthly (plus my backlog, maybe after the government sends my tax refund). Hopefully others will follow my example. With almost 10,000 registered members, and an the listener count often in the multi-hundreds it shouldn't be too hard for us to meet JERICs needs. Don't be lazy and selfish like I was. Instead of the same handful of folks donating larger amounts, join me and show that there is strength in numbers! Donate $1/month to support this great site.

Edited to add a question:
I looked into recurring payments at paypal, and all I saw was how to set it up as the seller. Did I miss something? I'd like to be able to set up a monthly payment so I don't have to remember to do it every month. Plus, as we've established, I'm lazy.

And for spelling

jeff
sdg

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot j2! We used to have that but I don't think it works with the donation meter. I will have to test that out.

Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not worried about the donation meter. Worst case is you'll just have to calculate what you expect to get from subscriptions and leave that off your monthly goal. Or you could use subscribers as padding in the budget.

Let me know if you set it up and I'll subscribe.

I didn't think about it before, but there aren't any DMCA issues involved with running a subscription service, are there?

jeff
sdg

Could it be....? Yep. Edited for spelling. Seems I'm selfish, lazy, and a poor speller/typist. I'm sure my grammar is wrong too. And I've got this....uh....nevermind.

Last edited by j2brown on Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Cal has joined my effort. Anybody else?

jeff
sdg
Diamondback
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7050

Diamondback is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diamondback's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've joined in the effort. I was hoping to wait to make a slightly larger donation, but JERIC said the funds were needed so I made a small contribution.
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so confused (a typical state for me).

If I have $25 to donate right now, and you need cash fast to build the new server, isn't it better to give you the $25 right now instead of breaking it up into monthly chunks of $2 or even $5?

I'll still join J2's "Buck Privates" crusade, but I don't want to feel bad for giving more this month.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 440

FrozenHan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View FrozenHan's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be able to donate after my credit card and bank companies finally decide on sending me a replacement card for the one they mistakenly reported as stolen. Inept bastiges
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

--Tyler Durden
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you'll never be made to feel bad for giving more, TJ. How about you go ahead with your $25 now, and then start with the "Buck Privates" in March. Or give $26 now, maybe?

I didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't give large donations. I was targeting folks like me who don't typically give donations. If enough of us start doing $1/month we can make a difference as a group. I didn't expect that anyone would feel limited by that number. Please donate as much as you are able.

jeff
sdg
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Show your support: got Buck Private today!
Ensign

Member#: 7499

Geomancer is offline View user's profile Send private message View Geomancer's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SST is awesome, of this there is no denying.
Great job!
I donated and I FEEL GOOD!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding! Thanks Geomancer!

Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Any progress on the subscription/monthly donation front with PayPal?

jeff
sdg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

none, will try this weekend

USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i am flat broke from california cocles trip... he robbed me Wink anyways i am expecting my return from the(hick voice)gubment in ate ta tin daze so i'll sand ya some wen i can, aight?

sorry i don't send more... but i hardly use the site anymore, and i haven't listened in like forever... but jeric is just cool enough that i'll send him money anyways... and because if i don't my knees might have a little "accident"...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: