StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:40 pm   Post subject: Problems Reply with quote

What is wrong with the streams lately?

The past days I get (in right order):
  • No streams available.
  • Heavy buffering
  • I just can't request any songs
  • No streams available (again).
Where and what is the problem?
Fanatic2k4
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 41

Fanatic2k4 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Fanatic2k4's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:57 am   Post subject: Problems Reply with quote

Are these part of the DOS attacks that Morglum was talking about yesterday?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 4:48 pm   Post subject: Problems Reply with quote

Monday - Website goes down for 4 hours in the middle of the day w/o future notice or explaination to me from my provider (Powweb).

Tuesday - Stream Host (The Stream Guys) gets DoS (Denial of Service) attacked. ISP (AT&T) off and on all day, dropping packets all over.

Wednesday - Residual affects of DoS attack from Tuesday leave streams buffering all day.

Thursday - DNS Client (DNS2Go) goes down for half the day. This shut requests down and made it impossible for the stream relays to communicate.

This has been a horrible week. I have no control of all of the incidents that happened this week. That is very frusterating for me. [Mad] I apologize for these events and I hope and pray that they don't plague us again. Thanks for your patience.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:25 am   Post subject: Problems Reply with quote

Friday - AT&T drops my connection for 30 minutes. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:59 am   Post subject: Problems Reply with quote

Thanks Jeric. I am a curious kind of guy. Is there a way you can let us listeners know these kind of things? Like putting it in the home section or make an announcement section in the forum. So that we all know that it is not your fault [Smile]
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:39 pm   Post subject: Problems Reply with quote

Saturday: A butterfly flaps its wings in Brazil, which causes minute changes in the wind currents of the nearby atmosphere, which, in turn, cause larger air currents over the Atlantic to shift slightly.

Sunday: A tropical depression develops a few hundred miles away from the United States.

Monday: The tropical depression is upgraded to hurricane status and rapidly advances toward the southeastern US, guided just close enough to cause damage thanks to the shifted air currents.

Tuesday: People evacuate, hurricane hits, and a gopher frantically digs its hole in the ground to avoid the floodwaters. Gopher drowns anyway.

Wednesday: Storm is over, people return, and a man who just happens to be carrying some highly dangerous explosives steps into the gopher hole, falls, blows himself and some cables which happened to be buried close enough to the surface because somebody was tired and lazy the day they buried them.

30 seconds later: SST is noticably down. Everyone is pissed.

Blame the butterfly.

And that is the extent of my creative writing abilites. I know. they suck. [Smile]
USA T2
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 31
Location: Virginia - Some say a state of mind, not me mind you. ;)

T2 is offline View user's profile Send private message T2's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:30 am   Post subject: Problems Reply with quote

you forgot the guy carrying the explosives sneezed and that's why he didn't see the gopher hole.

and it wasnt a gopher, it was Puxitawny Phil, the infamous Ground Hog that predicts our weather every year.. but what you also missed was that the government has been trying to bump him off for years because his predictions can ruin the CIA's plans for monitoring the US, even though they aren't supposed to, and this is where the FBI was involved interrogating the cable layer that laid cable in that area, which made him tired that week, and hence he didn't do his normal good job, all because, they were trying to stickit to him, like da man!

Or it could have been the butterfly... who knows.

[Big Grin]
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:28 am   Post subject: Problems Reply with quote

Oh... right. Well anyway, that's how SST goes down. It's because of odd things like butterflies and gophers and groundhogs. This doesn't mean every time the site goes down you should go find and kill small animals though, so don't do it, you evil people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: