StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Linux Issues w/ www.streamingsoundtracks.com

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 9:28 am   Post subject: Linux Issues w/ www.streamingsoundtracks.com Reply with quote

Jeric,

Unfortunately, there seems to be some issues with your web page that don't seem to be very compatible with the Linux version of Netscape, which with the current release of Red Hat 7.2, is Netscape 4.78. These are not so much fatal problems, but minor annoyances--if you have time to look at them some time in the future that would be great, if not, don't worry about it.

1. The window sizing for your different frames isn't quite right. I have to resize most of them--especially the two at the very top, which are the "X People Are Listening To:" and one right below it, the Menu Bar.

2. The "xx People Are Listening To:" does not update itself like it used to with each new song. This is somewhat annoying because the Queue doesn't tell you what song is currently being played, only what is going to be played, and what already has been played.

3. The chat window does not update itself, nor will it allow me to logon. Below where you type in your Login name there is a little box, which if you open it in a new window, says: "The room you entered does not exist. Tell the server administrator to check the file: /www/j/jeric/htdocs/chat/.htm"

4. There appears to be a final frame at the bottom of the web page that won't allow me to re-size it to see what it says.

5. The frame which shows the current CD being played doesn't allow for resizing and often cuts off part of the cover, so it is difficult to see what CD is being played.

Whew! Please don't get me wrong, Jeric--this site ROCKS! I appreciate all of the hard work you have put into making this an enjoyable place to listen to.

Any word yet on when you will be able to get Myst,
Riven, and Exile? =)

Thanks,
Yvond
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 9:59 am   Post subject: Linux Issues w/ www.streamingsoundtracks.com Reply with quote

This is an easy one. Just dont use netscape :-)

First of all netscape 4.78 is one of the worst browsers I have ever seen. I was curious and tested the site in netscape. I agree, very bad indeed. I also tried mozilla. With that browser the site looks way better and I was able to chat. Mozilla still isn't the best pick but is still better then Netscape.

I dont like M$, but IE has won this battle IMHO, unfortunately [Frown]

Get mozilla here
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 10:45 am   Post subject: Linux Issues w/ www.streamingsoundtracks.com Reply with quote

Either that, or download Netscape 6.2.2, which works fine with StreamingSoundtracks.com.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 5:33 am   Post subject: Linux Issues w/ www.streamingsoundtracks.com Reply with quote

I recommend giving Opera a try too. I know they a version for Unix and other OSes.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2002 11:51 am   Post subject: Linux Issues w/ www.streamingsoundtracks.com Reply with quote

Jeric,

I downloaded Netscape 6.2.2 for linux and installed it--no problems anymore with the site. You can lock this thread if you want to since the problem has been solved.

Yvond
aladdin
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 153

aladdin is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail aladdin's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:19 pm   Post subject: Linux Issues w/ www.streamingsoundtracks.com Reply with quote

opera for linux
http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl?platform=linux&force=6.02
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: