StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

ClearChat, votes, requests, forum posts ratings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Is the ranking system adequate?
Yes.
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
No.
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Maybe.
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

TheBloodyCountess
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 10542

TheBloodyCountess is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website TheBloodyCountess's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:32 pm   Post subject: ClearChat, votes, requests, forum posts ratings Reply with quote

I think it could be very interesting to have into your member profile, a rating based on your site statistic including: votes on albums, the number of requests made, ClearChat's number of posts and forum posts itself. I mean you would get a score and then a rating, and the rating could be the same as the actual ranking system or different. In addition, users could make their own ratings and post them on the site and then, people would be voting for them.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 196

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I don't know what to say about that. I feel that the current ranking, and rateing systems are fine as it is. But maybe your right. perhaps people should be rated on how much they put into SST. Donations that includes Money, donated ST's, Fourm posting. Then again, some people don't have the means to donate. And having a ranking system built on that might belittle such people. The Ranking system now is based on how much thought, ideas, and normal ST talk you put into the forums. And anyone with a normal connection of a 56k can do that. Basiclly putting it down, I have no idea what this could lead to or wither it is, or isn't a good idea. Sad to say, some people actually develope "ego's" with their rankings. Well, there it is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: