StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Problems with requests

View previous topic :: View next topic 
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 9:46 pm   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

Tonight the status was saying 2/Hour but I only was able to request a song per hour because audiorealm request system said that only 1 request per hour was available.
Maybe both systems aren't synchronized
Thanks
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:58 am   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

I made a boo-boo. I think I'm going to up requests to 2 only on the weekends now.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:04 am   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

As the amount of listeners increases, even 1/per hour will at some point be too much...

Perhaps we should promote the senior forum members to DJ's [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

No, just kidding, but some other solution will become necessary

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:55 am   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

Soon I will be able to create memberships so that I can allow only contributors to request songs. So requests might even go up to 3 or more! What do you think? Is that worth $5/month?

esopo
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 203

esopo is offline View user's profile Send private message esopo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:39 am   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JERIC:
Soon I will be able to create memberships so that I can allow only contributors to request songs. So requests might even go up to 3 or more!

hi,

i don't think restricting the requests only to contributors would be a good idea. the less people requesting would make the radio station more repetitive, so it would be less interesting to listen and less attractive to future possible contributors.

maybe you could let anyone to request (as now) but only contributors could listen in 128k. i agree contributors must have more songs able to request by hour.
i think that you could limit the requests of no contributors by finding a way of queue requests of all no contributors by hour.
example: as a no contributor i can request 1 song by hour, BUT i only can do this if the limit of requests by hour of all no contributors hasn't been reached (say it's 20 requests by hour by all no contributors, then just 20 persons could make requests in an hour). i would have the option of make a request, but with restrictions, so contributors would have the bigger part of the requests by hour.

just a thought...
Cadet 1

Member#: 217

Magic-one is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Magic-one's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:34 am   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by aesop:
i don't think restricting the requests only to contributors would be a good idea. the less people requesting would make the radio station more repetitive, so it would be less interesting to listen and less attractive to future possible contributors.

just a thought...[/QB]

Hi all.

I agree with aesop. Look at discjockey.com and others. they also went to request by members only and within 6 months they were gone.
it seems to me that request 1/hour is enough for non contributing members.

see you on streamingsoundtracks.com

magic-one
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:14 pm   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

quote:
Hi all.

I agree with aesop. Look at discjockey.com and others. they also went to request by members only and within 6 months they were gone.
it seems to me that request 1/hour is enough for non contributing members.

see you on streamingsoundtracks.com

magic-one

I don't think you can go by that. Look at the percentage of radio stations that do not even have requests and are still in business for years. Something else had to be wrong with that station. Either they couldn't get a break on bandiwdth fees or just plain ol' sucked. [Big Grin]

esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:46 am   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

I guess it's about time to swap the dust out of the idea of contributing in order to be able to request. It seems that people mistake free with 'you can abuse it'.
I was also in favour of keeping it free but it seems that there are a lot of brat-like people lately which don't have the common sense of stopping making requests when the queue reaches a certain level.
I know everybody wants to listen to their preferences but if that means that your song is going to be played in five hours then you are ruining the fun of the place and I bet a 75% of the times you'll be doing something else to listen your pick when your pick will be being played.
Therefore, I go for the 'If you want to request, then pay'.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:59 am   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

lol, I totally missed this thread sorry. I dont think SST will be 'gone' It has a nice group of regular listeners that donates to make the queue worth listening to. And come on what is 2 bucks a month?

Otherwise make it one buck a month.
Clem
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 61

Clem is offline View user's profile Send private message Clem's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 8:29 am   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

I agree with this system.

2 dollars a month is peanuts.

Just one question for us Europeans... can we give Euros? [Big Grin]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:38 am   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

I think PayPal has the capability if not now then soon.

USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:36 pm   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

It's interesting listening to these people not wanting to switch over to "contributors request".

What's the problem guys? Contributing two bucks too much of a hassle?

Notice the divide in this thread is between the contributors and the non-contributors?

If you don't contribute who cares what you have to say? You're a leech so shut up and and sit down. If you want a say in the matter then pony up 2 bucks you cheeapskates. Otherwise when you open your mouths all we hear is noise. Horrible noise. In fact, when you open your mouths it sounds like "Eye of the Tiger" is playing, and I'm sure Yvond would tell you "EOTT" makes baby Jesus cry.
esopo
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 203

esopo is offline View user's profile Send private message esopo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:10 am   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cocles:
It's interesting listening to these people not wanting to switch over to "contributors request".

What's the problem guys? Contributing two bucks too much of a hassle?

Notice the divide in this thread is between the contributors and the non-contributors?

If you don't contribute who cares what you have to say? You're a leech so shut up and and sit down. If you want a say in the matter then pony up 2 bucks you cheeapskates. Otherwise when you open your mouths all we hear is noise. Horrible noise. In fact, when you open your mouths it sounds like "Eye of the Tiger" is playing, and I'm sure Yvond would tell you "EOTT" makes baby Jesus cry.

lol
this is amazing. or in spanish: "estoy flipando".

well, as far as i know this is an open forum, so anyone can express their opinions (contributors or not).
maybe this is noise for you, but is an acceptable noise, i think.
i'm not saying "i don't want contributors request". i just say "i like EVERYBODY can contribute". but i agree that contributors should have a lot of privileges and no contributors maybe more limitations.
and as i said, this is just an opinion.
freedom of expression, i think you call it.

btw, a question to the forum moderators:
what happened to my thread about outcast ost in the request forum?
it's strange but it dessapeared with no reason...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:27 pm   Post subject: Problems with requests Reply with quote

Cocles is right in a way. People who contribute are HEARD whereas non-contributors have a voice BUT aren't taken into much consideration. That may seem raw but that's the way the world works. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Here's your post: outcast (pc game ost)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: