StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

i've been looking for forever...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yoink
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 10783

Yoink is offline View user's profile Send private message Yoink's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:06 am   Post subject: i've been looking for forever... Reply with quote

Ok. The song that's annoying me the most is:

That song thats on the Lord of The Rings Trailor. You know. The one thats also on the Requiem for a Dream Soundtrack. The only difference is that the Lux Antenna and the one used in LOTR are different. The LOTR one sounds more climactic and exciting. I've been looking for this one for 2 years.

Lord of the Rings

The second is:

That song used in the Enter the Matrix game trailor. The one that goes "Go go". I've been trying to find that forever. It was used in the Spider-man 2 trailor too, but it's not on the soudntrack.

Enter the Matrix

The third is:

At the end of the Spider-man trailor there is a cool chant supposedly done by E.S. Posthumus. But is's not on their only CD or the soundtrack.

Spiderman

The last one is:

Where in the *beep* *beep* *siren* do I get that *beepin'* song that was on the *beepin'* Matrix Revolutions trailor?

Matrix Revolutions

Lastly, where in heck do I get music that was on an Anime? And why is trailor music so impossible to find? It's never on the soundtrack.

**Edited by Saffron for URL length**
Denmark Armand
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 7352

Armand is offline View user's profile Send private message Armand's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering about the one in the end of LOTR trailer too...

Don't know where you can find any of them, but most music on trailers is taken from other movies...

Keep searching, they're out there some where!

- Ninomiya Kazunari
(from the song Niji/Rainbow)
Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The Two Towers

2. Need to do further research for game trailers. You might be better off just e-mailing someone at the Enter the Matrix Game Site Or look at some of the other Matrix trailers on Sountrack.net.

3. Spiderman

4. Matrix Revolutions

Hopefully this will now help with finding trailer music. You will see that they borrow for all different types of movies and composer so it doesn't make sense for them to have it as part of the actual movie score.
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
Yoink
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 10783

Yoink is offline View user's profile Send private message Yoink's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am a bit closer to figuring it out, I just wish that that site gave you clips of the songs.
Francel
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 7814

Francel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Francel's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several reasons as to why trailer music is sometimes so hard to find but as Saffy pointed out, the most important reason is because 80% of the time, this is music taken from other movies, so in that case, well, you won't find the music in that CD you just bought.

Then there are other paths that come into getting trailer music.

Very rarely, the same composer for X movie will write original music for a trailer (David Newman for the Hoffa trailer, for example), but this is more the exception than the rule. The reason for this is, when a studio cuts a trailer (be a teaser, a preview or a full theatrical one), the composer is still working on the music for that movie and most likely, not finished with recordings. So, the solution is, the studio will hire music editors to make a temp track of certain pieces of music that would apply well to a trailer and then show that to the Music Department heads. If they get a positive response, the Music Department will try to license those clips from other companies (assuming they do not hold the rights from X score to be used in a trailer) and if successful, they will apply those clips to the trailer.

The other side of that is when the Music Department is not able to license those clips. In that case, they will hire a composer (mostly jingle musicians or trailer composers) to write a music mock-up of the original intended clip of the trailer music.

A perfect example of that is the music for LOTR: The Two Towers trailer, where New Line was unable to license Clint Mansell's Requiem for a Dream. The solution: they hired The Ant Farm, which is a small company based in LA and asked them to provide a mock-up of Mansell's score, which finally resulted in this piece called Requiem for a Tower, which was composed by Dan Nielsen, Veigar Mairgersson and Simone Bencayar.

Sadly there is no way to get this kind of music unless The Ant Farm could provide you with a demo work but again, there are exceptions. SST has a cool John Beal album called Coming Soon which is a great sampler of the music he has created for lots of trailers.

Hope this large post (sorry) helps clear some of the confussion regarding trailer music. Smile
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

matrix revolutions. i think you mean these 2 tracks.

-Snow Falling on Cedars (1999) - James Newton Howard

-"Absurd (Whitewash Mix)" - Fluke - Teaser attached to "Enter the Matrix" videogame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: