StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Birthday list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:48 am   Post subject: Birthday list Reply with quote

How about a list of birthdays of SST listeners, similar to the site schedule? I'd be willing to lend a hand with administration of the list if needed. Perhaps it would be easier if I just posted in the forum and updated it regularly. Is there a way that it could be locked for everybody but me (or another maintainer?) and/or make a sticky or something? Haven't really thought it through yet, but I'll defer to the Admins for suggestions.

jeff
sdg
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already a forum thread about it.

I can stickyfy it. But I am not convinced yet that this is so important to have it stickified.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware of the thread already, but I was looking for something easier to reference (Like Caray's list within the thread) so lazy folk like myself don't have to read through the whole thread. It would be a known place to look for those that care about such things.

jeff
sdg
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been talking to Sensei about adding some fun stuff to the community. Some of the things would be adding additional fields in your profiles for example, 5 Favortie Soundtracks, 5 Favorite Composers, etc. Adding a birthday field (year optional) could allow us to have a bithday block that shows who's birthday it is today (along with composer birthdays). Then we can make dedications for those people.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an even better idea. We should do that. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you guys come up with.

jeff
sdg
Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*digs up old thread*

I just had a nice about doing some kind of SST birthday present and since I know how to use the search function I decided to post it here since it's related to implementing a birthday field in the user profile.

Anyway, the idea is to enable the user who's birthday it is to request tracks more often than any non-birthday users that day (I know I only seem to bring up ideas that go with more requests Razz). This way it's kind of a birthday present from SST and that person can listen to his favourite tracks that day. More often could mean temporary VIP status or half or the normal request wait.

It could also have advantages for SST as people get to see the benefits of having a VIP membership (when they experience the short request times).

I haven't really thought about how many people that would involve on a single day, so this idea might get in trouble on that aspect. I guess that partly depends on what you do with the request time (halving it won't get you as much as request as granting temp. VIP status). I think the implementation could be fairly easy if there's a birthday field in a user profile.

Let me know what you think Smile

Addition: I just thought that people could abuse this feature by constantly changing their birthday to today so the field would have to be read-only. There would need to be like a mod or admin to change it just like the current birthday list thread.
Ruka
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14735

Ruka is offline View user's profile Send private message Ruka's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Those are all some very nice ideas. Smile I know on invision power boards, if you put your birthday in your profile, it will give a notice on the board when that date comes up and how old they are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: