StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Skipping after awile

View previous topic :: View next topic 
Eldaron
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 381

Eldaron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Eldaron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:25 am   Post subject: Skipping after awile Reply with quote

When i start the stream everything is fine , about 30 - 40 mins (depends on my buffer setting, current is 1024k/100%prebuff)it works whitout a problem , it seem i get the stream just alittle slower than the song plays , so after the buffer runs out , it rebuffer , no problem ,i can live whit that if its ones in a long wile , but than it seem if the stream stops and winamp(2) , begins reading from the buffer from the start and whit that making a skipping effect.So it loads buffer than plays from it ,load it again,play ect.

Now i know its not my connection , because other 128k stations work fine for any period of time.Never have to rebuffer there.

I think the 24k stream works fine , but im not sure i didnt try it out for long , because i dont enjoy listning that kinda quality.

Does anyone know how to let the stream go on after the second rebuff like it does from a clean wimamp start ? (so that it only rebuffers ones in awile , not every 1 min after the second rebuff)
Eldaron
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 381

Eldaron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Eldaron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:14 am   Post subject: Skipping after awile Reply with quote

It seems to be the same whit Realone player [Frown]
loveslave
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 98

loveslave is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website loveslave's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:15 am   Post subject: Skipping after awile Reply with quote

I've been getting a lot of rebuffering during the last couple of days, too. For me it starts right away, not after 30 minutes. It used to work fine before the latest playlist updates. And other streams work OK. Weird stuff...
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:48 am   Post subject: Skipping after awile Reply with quote

I've had this problem for months. Sometimes winamp 2 just plays from the buffer. Very annoying. Interesting that real player is doing it too.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:56 am   Post subject: Skipping after awile Reply with quote

Switch over to XMMS...I've never had any problems with it--and it only buffers when the problem is on the relay end of the stream. It does help if you use Linux, but it may be possible that there is a Windows version of it as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: