StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Academy Awards 2006: Predictions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Gustavo
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 7518

Gustavo is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gustavo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:17 pm   Post subject: Academy Awards 2006: Predictions Reply with quote

There are many websites devoted to this subject (the most notorious one being Oscar Watch) and there are many people over the net who enjoys trying to predict who will be nominated and who won't.

I am one of those, and you can check my Oscar Predictions here. I think Munich and Mrs. Henderson Presents can be considered the frontrunners as of now. Summer 2005 has delivered movies that lack Oscar potential, so I figure all nominees will be released in the end of the year, as usual.

Thoughts? Rants? Predictions?[/url]
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early to say since the fall films haven't come out yet. The only things that have impressed me so far is the Batman Begins screenplay by Nolan and Goyer and Terrence Howard's acting in Hustle and Flow.
USA lastdomino VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been some ok summer blockbusters but the Oscars usually don't like them as well anyway. The films that Oscar will go for will come out as close to December as possible. Especially if they are after straddling the oscars in both years and play the game right (The Cinderella Man). Personally, I want to see Sin City get a couple nominations at the very least. They did some amazing things with those books. Cool
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG NEWS! I won a contest where I am one of 375 individuals who was selected to get red carpet bleacher seats for the 2006 Academy Awards!!! I'm totally pumped! I truly hope Cinderella Man wins this year - Thomas Newman is sooo due Smile
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, any list of possibilities for the best picture award should include A History of Violence. It's riveting.

And good call on Terrence Howard's acting in Hustle and Flow, Zirael. I just saw the film, and I thought that he really elevated it to be a lot better than your average hip-hop movie.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity3777 wrote:
BIG NEWS! I won a contest where I am one of 375 individuals who was selected to get red carpet bleacher seats for the 2006 Academy Awards!!! I'm totally pumped! I truly hope Cinderella Man wins this year - Thomas Newman is sooo due Smile

Man, I knew I should have entered the sexy listener contest. Wink

jeff
sdg
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
Trinity3777 wrote:

Man, I knew I should have entered the sexy listener contest. Wink

jeff
sdg

haha - not quite, but my prize for winning that was equally as valuable Smile
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Trinity3777 wrote:
BIG NEWS! I won a contest where I am one of 375 individuals who was selected to get red carpet bleacher seats for the 2006 Academy Awards!!

That's awesome, Trin! What fun!! I can't wait to hear all about it afterwards.

You should wear something special so we can spot you - like a bright fuschia-colored shirt (since you look so good in pink Wink ) Are you allowed to take a camera?
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am allowed to take a camera. I'll bring my good digital one and maybe I'll post some pics on the website! Maybe I'll wear a pretty button...

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes time for the Oscar nominations, I hope the Academy members remember way back to April/May when CRASH was released. It's amazing how many people aren't aware of this groundbreaking film. Thank heaven it's available on DVD. Hopefully SSTers will become familiar with it because of the soundtrack.

Ebert & Roeper have featured it on 3 of their shows:
http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/ebertandroeper/050425.html
and http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/ebertandroeper/050509.html

I think there is little doubt that Paul Haggis will get the nomination and Oscar for Original Screenplay, and perhaps even for Director.

With CRASH's ensemble cast of A-list actors, I don't know how the AMPAS members could possibly decide which ones to choose; after all, you can't have 5 nominees in the same category from the same film - LOL! How do you decide which ones should be Best Performance in a Leading Role or in a Supporting Role?

My choices:
Actress in Lead Role - Thandie Newton*
Actress in Supporting Role - Sandra Bullock
Actor in Lead Role - Matt Dillon
Actor in Lead Role - Don Cheadle (also Producer)
Actor in Support Role - Terrence Howard
Brendan Fraser was also excellent but the list could go on and on.

*Why did I think Thandie was Lead and Sandra was Support? Because Thandie's character was more of a catalyst for other events, which I won't detail to avoid spoilers.

This is a must-see film that should be shown in every home, school, church, etc. It will make you very uncomfortable, make you laugh and cry, and give you something to think and talk about for months to come.
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Two - I agree with you on Crash! I love this ST, and have been OD'ing on it recently. Good pick! Smile
Commander

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on Crash, guys. One of the year's best, in my opinion.
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd bump this up with the nominations out.
www.oscars.com

We had some really good nominations. Very Happy

Thanks for the link, Asri!
2pop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Trin & Hurr - Heyyyy, wishes DO come true! Now if Crash can only pull off some wins. Very Happy

Trin, my DIL (24) is an ass't set designer for the Oscar show and she gets to get all dressed up in a gown and actually be in the red carpet crowd. I told her to go stand behind Roger Ebert or Joan Rivers - LOL. We'll have the Tivo going to spot both of you!

For the show itself, she's way too far down on the list to actually get to sit in the audience, of course, but she will be backstage (which is actually cooler, imho) AND she's one of 3 who will have a camera. heh heh.

So Trin, are you going to wear a Dr. Seuss hat and SST shirt or something like that so we can find you? Wink
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Crash will take home the big prize, but it's great that it got the nomination. This year's race is truly a bit of a mystery, isn't it? My guess is that either Brokeback Mountain or Munich will win best picture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: