StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Contacting your congressman....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 2:26 am   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

Besides the form letter fax and other means listed on the carp sites, if one wants to be more personal and right their own letter to their congressman about CARP (or anything else), they can do so at congress.com.

Simply type in your zip code to find your local congressman and follow the links to where you can write him or her your own letter.

Hope this helps. We'll all be pretty peeved if this CARP nonsense shuts Jeric down.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 3:27 am   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

Just wondering.. This is a pure United States thing?
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 3:44 am   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

Yes.

If you want to send a letter anyway though you're more than welcome.
Clem
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 61

Clem is offline View user's profile Send private message Clem's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 3:53 am   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

I was wondering about the same thing. Can people from foreign countries have their say on this?

I we can, you can be sure we will have our say on it! [Smile]
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 61

Clem is offline View user's profile Send private message Clem's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:49 am   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

Hmmmm! Cocles answered before I even posted... Either he can read other people's mind or... I should learn to refresh my screen before to post a reply... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Whichever, thx for the answer Cocles! [Wink]
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 5:12 am   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

Emails and Faxes work too. Call up you local news station to see if they will do a story on it. Inform the press, newspapers and online media.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 7:27 am   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

I know we are doing a segment on MAYDAY here @ Channel 2 at the University. I have also contacted at least 3 other TV stations as well to see if they will be providing any coverage of this issue.

I'll keepn you posted as to what the outcome is.

Until then, let's hope for the best [Smile]
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 10:10 am   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

In addition to some of the other links that have been provided, I have compiled a few more links that you can use to help save Internet Radio. Here they are:

Petition Online

Live365 - CARP
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 74

Geek is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Geek's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 12:47 pm   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

I was wondering if any attorneys out there in the wide world of radio know if this decision, if it were to go ahead and be implemented, would be enforceable for me, in Canada. Thanks.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 12:48 pm   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

As far as I know, and don't quote me, this affects the US only. But I could be wrong.
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 12:58 pm   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

Clem and to all others not in the US,

As I said before, this is an issue in the USA, but I doubt a congressman would mind receiving any letters, emails, faxes from overseas.

If you are overseas, or in Mexico, Canada, etc., I would recommend writing your own letter (instead of using one of the form letters posted) and explain that although you are overseas this will effect you too. (Heck, in my letters I went into some detail of this site in particular explaining to them that Jeric was just one guy and how many stations are run as a hobby by a single owner.)

JERIC, if you're there, do have any recommendation for who the overseas people should contact?
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 1:05 pm   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

For all people who want to help, and you do not live in the USA. Please use the online petition located at:

Petition Online - CARP

[Smile]

[ 01 May 2002, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Morglum ]
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 58

Trilobyte is offline View user's profile Send private message Trilobyte's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 1:24 pm   Post subject: Contacting your congressman.... Reply with quote

I just want to ask, do internet radio webcasters have to pay ANY royalty at this moment? Or is it completely free?

Over-the-air radio broadcasters traditionally have to pay a certain amount of royalty to the composers (though not as much as what's recommended by the CARP for internet radio). So I think it makes sense that internet webcasters pay at least a comparable amount (although the CARP's recommendation IS a bit too much) to the hard-working composers that gave us the music.

This is just my own thoughts on the issue. If I am wrong about the royalty stuff, please let me know (and ignore what I said above)!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: