StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Video Games Live
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:18 am   Post subject: Video Games Live Reply with quote

For those of you in/around/traveling to the Los Angeles area, the LA Philharmonic presents Video Games Live on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 at the Hollywood Bowl.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you guys have all the fun :-/
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I rule and Los Angeles rules! Wink
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thats just wrong:(. stupid east coast
Cadet 1

Member#: 816

JamesFKirk is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website JamesFKirk's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like that will ever happen here in CZ... "Game players are just stupid jerks, who take drugs and never finish elementary school" was said several years ago in one mainstrem newspaper.
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi, there's a couple East Coast venues. Aug. 19th 8pm at Nissan Pavilion in Virginia. Other tour dates listed:

http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=tourdates
USA megadith
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, i've been keeping an eye on this and they have a bunch of new dates around the US.
http://www.videogameslivetickets.com/main.html

A friend and I are going to the one in Minneapolis in Nov. If anyone is interested in going, maybe some of us could meet up for a drink afterwards? who knows? I'm psyched about either way. looks like it could be pretty sweet...
Lieutenant

Member#: 1192

Emile is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Emile's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Why do you guys have all the fun :-/

we must convice with our fellow dutchies/EU's that organisation of video games live must come to Europe Smile (I respond now, because now i had time again and remebered SST again Smile)
DT76
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 1009

DT76 is offline View user's profile Send private message DT76's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had actually gotten tickets for the one in my area.. But now the site shows that all their cross-country tour dates are cancelled. This explains that the ticket sales weren't what they needed to be for the parent company to gp ahead with the plan. It's a shame really. But if you're in the Seattle area, you can still go to the one there. (And meet O'Donnell and the rest of the Bungie guys - I'm jealous.)
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 9909

Justwannabereal is offline View user's profile Send private message Justwannabereal's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

How fun is that... I would give anything to see a symphony performance of any of the Final Fantasy soundtracks...
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i just got an email a couple days ago about the cancellation. I'm also part to blame because i put off buying tix until this week. Hopefully they'll get it going again, but this time with some better advertising.
Cadet 3

Member#: 12388

Redmare is offline View user's profile Send private message Redmare's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had the privledge to go and hear the concert at the Hollywood Bowl...it's pretty good but at times the timing was kinda off. Overall I'd reccommend trying to see VGLive if possible. But I must say that if Dear Friends, More Friends come your way...do anything within your power (well almost anything) to go see it! I got to go to More Friends in LA when the Black Mages visited and it was the *best* game concert I've been to (although I haven't been to many).
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Redmare wrote:
I actually had the privledge to go and hear the concert at the Hollywood Bowl...it's pretty good but at times the timing was kinda off.

Not to say that the orchestra is always perfect, but where did you sit? Everytime I attend a performance there with music accompanying something on a video screen the conductor gives what he calls "The Physics Lesson." Light travels faster than sound and due to the Hollywood Bowl being such a large venue, the farther you are sitting from the stage, the more 'off' the timing of the music will seem from the screen. In actuality, the timing of the music was probably a lot closer than you percieved.
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the one here at Massey Hall, Toronto (Nov. 15). Wish someone had told me beforehand.

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, yeah! How come I didn't hear about that one? Where did you (belatedly) hear about it, lake?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: