StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

No more tracks of one album in a row.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:26 am   Post subject: No more tracks of one album in a row. Reply with quote

As some of you know. We admins will for the time being disallow so called trains. These are songs from the same album in a row. Why are you asking? One word: RIAA.

More details will be provided soon. When you make a train by accident or you just do not know we may be so nice to split them up. In other cases we will just remove the other tracks from the queue. If someone continues to do so, we unfortunately have to suspend his/her account temporarily.

Sorry for the inconvienience and thank you for listening.

Last edited by Caliburn on Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Saffron
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This also pertains to Composers. So if there are several songs in a row, let's just say by John Williams, they will have to be split or removed as well.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Saff
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am such a newbie and I apologize for my ignorance but what does RIAA mean?

thanks

rebecca

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

riaa.com
Saffron

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

For the specific rules regarding our requests please see here

Code:
http://www.riaa.com/issues/licensing/webcasting_faq.asp#conditions

I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
pixelpusher
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11958

pixelpusher is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website pixelpusher's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to put my 2¢ in. I have participated in making "trains" before because it is fun to hear several songs from a soundtrack together. I didn't think about someone using it as an opportunity to steal music and burn an illegal CD(s). We do not want the RIAA to shut down this site, so I support your decision completely.
jecastellon
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10047

jecastellon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website jecastellon's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here... sorry JERIC, Cal, Saff and the rest of the Administrators.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I will try to do my best to follow "no-trains rule".

BTW: If it is very important and if we are to avoid not only trains from the same album but also trains from the same composer, is it possible to put composer's name together with a cue title at the queue?
My concern is that I could request (by accident) the same composer in a row not knowing that a cue requested directly before is from the same guy.

Of course I understand that putting composers' names at the queue will not exclude all train accidents. Accidents can always happen (even with composer's name at the queue) e.g. when people are involuntary requesting music from the same composer simultaneously.

I think that next days will show us if there is a problem with composers trains at all. So my post for now is just a thought, just reflection.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this cause the station to not be able to have special programming? Ie composers Birthdays etc?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus - Your request to add composers names seems logical but to add them would also break RIAA regulations. So we will all have to become more savy regarding who composed what.

Worker - Excellent question! We are currently discussing how to do special programming and will let everyone know when we have decided.

Thanks everyone!
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Saffy for quick response Smile

Saffron wrote:
to add them would also break RIAA regulations

Shocked Confused

Saffron wrote:
So we will all have to become more savy regarding who composed what.

OK. As I said I will do my best. And you can remove any of my missused requests from the queue right away Smile

I keep my fingers crossed there is a way to keep special programming alive! I wish you all the best!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question Work, it was mine as well. December is fast approaching and that means Joe Hisaishi day! Smile
Ensign

Member#: 9942

california_carl is offline View user's profile Send private message california_carl's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

from the RIAA website:

"2. Sound recording performance complement. A webcaster may not play in any three-hour period...

• more than three songs from a particular album, including no more than two consecutively, or
• four songs by a particular artist or from a boxed set, including no more than three consecutively."

The first one seems fairly easy to comply with. However, the second one seems like it will be very difficult to comply with, especially for the more popular composers.

I am curious what the penalties are for non-complianace. Does anyone know? I am also curious about how this enforced. Are there streaming audio spys out there waiting to tell on us?
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a question. Do the RIAA rules apply to only RIAA members or only American artists? What about Internationl, Japan, Europe etcc..?
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 3050

Bruiser is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Bruiser's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh, I didn't even think about that...I didn't realize that someone COULD rip stuff off here. I'm all for anti-piracy; if I make a boo-boo, please remove it...I wouldn't want to get SST in trouble. I'll be careful!

I guess it will take some time for this issue to be resolved for artists and precautions set up to protect them. In the meantime we will just have to put up with some things while they work it out.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: