StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The further ramifications of CARP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
cvb
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 65

cvb is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website cvb's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:26 pm   Post subject: The further ramifications of CARP Reply with quote

Hi everyone!!

So a few of you kind of noticied I dropped off the face of the earth. At first, I thought the problem was temporary. You see everytime I tried to log onto SS at work during the hours of 8 to 5, I would get a "You are not authorized to view this page" message.

Thinking it was a fluke the first couple of times, I waited, restarted the computer several times and then finally came across something interesting that I think all of you listening to music at work should read:

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-939791.html

It deals with file swapping but mentions streaming music too. Looks like everyone is starting to crack down on Internet Radio.

Sigh... I guess I'm just going to have to listen to SS at home from now on.

Miss all of you I used to talk to ^_^ Drop me a message sometime.

Cleo aka cvb
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:15 am   Post subject: The further ramifications of CARP Reply with quote

Darn it! This is so fustrating! [Mad]

Are you sure you cant find a way around it? The chat is not really the same without you around...

I hope you are doing fine otherwise. [Wink]

Regards,
Wolf [Big Grin]
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:36 am   Post subject: The further ramifications of CARP Reply with quote

Could it just be a blocking of the port the streaming is done on?

I that is the case the stream could be set to go on port 80 or something, that's a port no administrator in his right mind would block?
Ensign

cvb is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website cvb's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:04 pm   Post subject: The further ramifications of CARP Reply with quote

It's thoroughly aggrevating... but I'm going to have see if I can't find a way around it. They're pretty thorough at my office but we've gotten around other blocks (for AIM and the like) so maybe there's a way.
Ensign

Member#: 38

EvilKitty is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website EvilKitty's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:59 pm   Post subject: The further ramifications of CARP Reply with quote

Sucks to hear what your work did. Sad I hope you can find away around it. I'll sure miss my daily dose of cubical dancing if my work ever puts up a block. Doesn't work realize that a happy employee is a productive employee - SST = happy employee. Wink
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:08 pm   Post subject: The further ramifications of CARP Reply with quote

My work blocks certian ports with their firewall. What I do to get around this is specify a proxy server on port 80 in Winamp preferences. You can find plenty of free, anonymous proxy servers on the net. Do a search on google.com for them. It might take a while to find one that works and works well.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
PurpleRen
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 81

PurpleRen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PurpleRen's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:55 am   Post subject: The further ramifications of CARP Reply with quote

Damn cvb, that sucks...

Hope everything is doing great for you...Gonna miss those anime talks we had...

Hope you find a way to get around it. If all else fails...strike!!strike!!strike!!

Demand Streaming Soundtracks...

whistle while you work!!
Ensign

AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 7:42 am   Post subject: The further ramifications of CARP Reply with quote

Thanks for the messages! I miss you guys too. I'll have to look the whole proxy thing but my work is a secure facility so hacking around looking for holes in the firewall might not be too good an idea. [Smile]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: