StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Chronicles of Narnia : The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:12 pm   Post subject: Chronicles of Narnia : The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Reply with quote

Wow! Very Happy Wow! Very Happy Wow! Very Happy What a fantastic movie! Very Happy I left the theatre feeling great! Very Happy

From what Sydney and I have read, and we haven't finish the book yet, it was quite accurate to the storyline. I have been a Harry Potter fan since book 1, and this movie is better , in my opinion, than all 4 Harry Potter movies (even my baby brother agreed with me Shocked) It just seemed to be put together better, and the children actors seemed more comfortable in their roles.

Harry Gregson-Williams did a fantastic job with the music! This is definently a score to own. His style was perfect for every scene - making you feel sad or happy at just the right moments. It is an absolutely beautiful score!

Liam Neesen did a very nice job as Aslan, as well as Tilda Swinton as the White Witch. There is enough character development to get you attached to certain characters. Spoiler:
I cried when they sacrificed Aslan, and teared up when they turned Mr. Tumnus to stone. So for all you who read this, you might need kleenex!

I can't wait until the next movie! Very Happy If you haven't gone and seen this yet - GO SEE IT!!!!! Very Happy
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it yet, but plan to for sure! My kids went to a midnight showing of it thursday night, and they said the same thing about it being very close to the books. Something I wish the Harry Potter movies could have pulled off.

I can't wait to see this myself Smile
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 7352

Armand is offline View user's profile Send private message Armand's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can hardly wait!!! Oh my...

..and I didn't knew Liam Neesen played Aslan, only makes me wanna see it even more!!

- Ninomiya Kazunari
(from the song Niji/Rainbow)
soundTrack_nut
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 2714

soundTrack_nut is offline View user's profile Send private message soundTrack_nut's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to see it next week. I hope its good!
Returning January - SciFi Channel
Rhubarb_Runner
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10518

Rhubarb_Runner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Rhubarb_Runner's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinematography was outstanding! The train-travel scenes left the Hogwart's Express in the dust. Also, sound work was also excellent (but not up to War of the Worlds level).

Actors did a fine job, and CGI was very well done.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the film followed the book faithfully, but there was something emotionally missing when I saw the film. It seemed static in some parts because the resolutions were too quick, including the final wolf showdown and Edmund's talk with Aslan. On the plus side, the performances by Tilda Swinton as the White Witch, Georgie Henley as Lucy, and Skandar Keynes as Edmund were very convincing. Lucy was so adorable! I'm sure many people would disagree that the film dragged, including my boyfriend who enjoyed it more than the Harry Potter films. Stick around for the credits if you see this one.
JJ2005
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9724

JJ2005 is offline View user's profile Send private message JJ2005's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:15 am   Post subject: It ALMOST followed the book Reply with quote

Hmmm. I saw the film on Sunday and I was impressed with movie. It did follow the book for the most part. But if you are the type of person who doesn't like it when they add major scenes not in the book, try not to be to mad. They did add a few characters, but nothing major.

I loved the portrayal of the White Witch, but was disappointed with the Professor. They cut several lines that the Professor had, that really explained more of the Professor’s history with the Wardrobe.

But…for all those hoping for more movies…the film kept all the key elements that are need to make the transition into the next book/movie.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:29 pm   Post subject: Re: It ALMOST followed the book Reply with quote

JJ2005 wrote:
But…for all those hoping for more movies…the film kept all the key elements that are need to make the transition into the next book/movie.

And, from IMDB:

Walden has optioned the entire seven-part "Chronicles of Narnia" fantasy book series for film development.

jeff
sdg
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, hope they make more Narnia films. Gotta say the entire Narnia world, including production design, digital animation, costumes and makeup were impressive. While I was watching the film, I didn't realize that Mr. Tumnus (James McAvoy) was young Leto in Children of Dune since he had the scruffy faun look!
USA lotrgirl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7872

lotrgirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View lotrgirl's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the movie! I must say that it is most definitely better than the BBC version made quite a few years ago. Everyone was so well cast, especially the children. Smile Can't wait for more!!
Lieutenant

Member#: 12372

payableondeath is offline View user's profile Send private message View payableondeath's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its an triology like LOTR....
Rhubarb_Runner
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10518

Rhubarb_Runner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Rhubarb_Runner's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

payableondeath wrote:

Seven movies, pod.

One thing that really bugged me, though -- Alanis Morrisette sings a song called "Wunderkind" over the credits, and even though it's spelled out in the German way (VOON-ter-kint), Alanis butchers it by singing "wonder kind". Yuck.
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhubarb_Runner wrote:
payableondeath wrote:

Seven movies, pod.

One thing that really bugged me, though -- Alanis Morrisette sings a song called "Wunderkind" over the credits, and even though it's spelled out in the German way (VOON-ter-kint), Alanis butchers it by singing "wonder kind". Yuck.

I was wondering who did that song - it was different Confused
Lieutenant

Member#: 12372

payableondeath is offline View user's profile Send private message View payableondeath's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

seven Shocked wow what says george lucas to that... ???

Arrow "we must shoot one or two episodes more"
Twisted Evil Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Twisted Evil

i hope he shoot some more

Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Seven movies. Disney smells billions.

*does a happy little shareholder dance* Very Happy

Shocked ...but wait a sec... won't the kids grow up faster than their ability to film it? Harry Potter is hard enough at a movie every 1-2 years. The Chronicles of Narnia mini-series was filmed all at once...

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: