StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Chronicles of Narnia : The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
JJ2005
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9724

JJ2005 is offline View user's profile Send private message JJ2005's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the_lake_effect wrote:
Seven movies. Disney smells billions.

*does a happy little shareholder dance* Very Happy

Shocked ...but wait a sec... won't the kids grow up faster than their ability to film it? Harry Potter is hard enough at a movie every 1-2 years. The Chronicles of Narnia mini-series was filmed all at once...

acutally in the books, the children would grow "too old" to return to Narnia and new children would take their places. so the children you saw in the movie are only in at most 3 more books and the last book, is when they are all much older. so you will see new charcters if they were to do all the books.
Rhubarb_Runner
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10518

Rhubarb_Runner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Rhubarb_Runner's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

the_lake_effect wrote:
Shocked ...but wait a sec... won't the kids grow up faster than their ability to film it? Harry Potter is hard enough at a movie every 1-2 years. The Chronicles of Narnia mini-series was filmed all at once...

The kids aren't in all seven books/movies. It's not like Harry Potter, where each book/movie is about students going to school one year later than the previous book/movie.

Disney was waiting on LotR and HP to determine if it would be cost effective to create an expensive epic franchise -- I think we all know the answer now is "yes". Smile
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, then the billions of dollars will still come in. But just to be on the safe side...

*hands out cigarettes to the kids to impede their growth.* Twisted Evil

That's what we call "movie magic." Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
pixelpusher
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11958

pixelpusher is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website pixelpusher's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally saw Narnia yesterday and I was very impressed. The kids and other characters looked almost exactly like I pictured when I read the book. My family and I enjoyed it very much. It also opened up some discussion about the Christian messages in the story. I look forward to the next movie.
soundTrack_nut
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 2714

soundTrack_nut is offline View user's profile Send private message soundTrack_nut's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally saw the movie yesterday. I gotta say I was really dissapointed. I dont really know why, the movie just didnt "click" for me. Just didnt seem right. Oh well.
Returning January - SciFi Channel
Blut3ngel
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 12930

Blut3ngel is offline View user's profile Send private message Blut3ngel's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the narnia movie, even though some dialogs sound a bit wodden in the german version.
However can anybody tell me the title of the song of the narnia trailer, this cool orchestra vocal song close to the end.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/thechroniclesofnarnia/
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked it and really enjoyed, but I do think there were some slow points that dragged a bit. But to be honest, the book is not exactly an action packed epic... it a thoughtful children's book with a christian allegory.

I thought they did a wonderful job and I think we have LotR and the Star Wars movies alot to thank for... Production design seems to take on an additional level of importance now, more of an effort to create things that look natural to their world, not just adapted stuff from ours...

Tilda Swinton rocked! but then I love her! And I also love HGW too!
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
christian allegory

Umm can somebody give me the cliff notes version of religious overtones. I saw the movie and liked it a lot, even though the witch queen with polar bears reminded me of a frank frazetta painting silver warrior. I totally missed the religious stuff.
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

graywolf wrote:
Quote:
christian allegory

Umm can somebody give me the cliff notes version of religious overtones. I totally missed the religious stuff.

You are not alone. So did I.
I've also read somewhere that so did C.S. Lewis. He apparently didn't write the stories with those allegories in mind, but when he was asked about them at a later time he did agree that it would seem that way. So since he didn't write them on purpose I say the allegories are only a matter of different individuals interpreting his stories way more than they should.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that I buy that about C.S. Lewis, Chandler. He was a strong Christian, and his faith was such an important part of his life that I doubt he was unaware of what he was doing. I doubt he had any choice in the matter, really, as his faith was so powerful and always in the forefront of his life.

This might be a spoiler, so

Spoiler:

I hesitate to try and give the cliff's notes versoin because A) I haven't seen the movie (and only read the book once) and B) I'm sure I'll miss a lot. One of the major themes that I can recall is Alsan as a Christ figure. The world, Narnia, was fallen and tainted by the White Witch (sin), and it required a sacrifice (Aslan/Christ). It was also Aslan who created Narnia by singing (covered in The Magicians Nephew, I think) and it was Christ who created the world by speaking.

I'm sure I've missed a lot, and I'm also sure that others can correct me. I'll also give a few minutes to a Google search and see if I can find something that will do a better job for you.

jeff
sdg
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here (first I could find, I'm sure there's a better site):

http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movies/movies/a0002447.cfm

Look in the Spiritual Content section

jeff
sdg
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

More Christian allegory:

Spoiler:
Also since Susan and Lucy are Aslan's disciples and see him fall, see the empty stone table, and him appear again, it raises similarities to Mary Magdalene and Mary witnessing Jesus' death, the empty tomb, and resurrection.
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, don't buy it though. But I suppose if you stare at that potato chip long enough you might be able to convince yourself it looks like Richard Nixon if you really wanted to.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well, allegedly, he wrote the book for his niece, lucy, to illustrate the 'story of christmas.' but thats all i know.

i looked for more evidence to support this but alas, there is no record of this in the new publishings of the books, but the copy i have in my library that was published a while ago says this:

"To Lucy Barfield

My dear Lucy,
I wrote this story for you, but when I began it I had not realized that girls grow qicker than books. As a result you are already too old for faiy tales, and by the time it is printed and bond you will be older still. But some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again. You can then take it down from some upper shelf, dust it, and tell me what you think of it. I shall probably be too deaf to hear, and too old to understand a word you say, but i shall still be.
your affectionate Godfather,
C. S. Lewis"

and thats all i have
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not be able to convice you, graywolf, but if you look at all of the books the Lewis wrote (especailly non-fiction) I'm sure you won't have trouble believing that perhaps Chronicles of Narnia was intentionally Christinan allegory.

jeff
sdg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: