StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Silenced by Internet Royalties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:44 am   Post subject: Silenced by Internet Royalties Reply with quote

Here is a growing list of webcasters who, because they don't feel they can manage webcasting royalties in a viable business, have decided that it's in their best interests to silence their streams. (We thank them for their hard work and dedication to their audiences and the industry, and wish them luck in their future endeavors...)

Thanks to RAIN for providing this list.

247PolkaHeaven.com
All80s.com
AudioCandy.com
BlueMars.org
BrazilCast 1 & 2
Celtic Heritage Webradio
Chez Whitey
CIRNH.com
Citadel stations
Clownmask Radio
Entercom stations
Gleiser Communications
Good Time Oldies Radio
Greater Media stations
GrrlRadio
HitRadio.biz
Hot Hit Radio
IdahosCast.com
Ithaca College Radio
Jones College Radio
KBCS/Bellevue
KBVR/Corvallis
KDFC/San Francisco
KEDM/Monroe
KEOM/Mesquite
KETR/Commerce
KGRK/Cedar Falls
KHUM/Humboldt. Co.
KKDV/San Francisco
KKNX/Eugene
KKNG/Oklahoma City
KKPT/Little Rock
KKUP/Cupertino
KMGO/Centerville
KNHC/Seattle
KOIT/San Francisco
KOKF/Oklahoma City
KOMA/Oklahoma City
KPIG/Freedom
KRCL/Salt Lake City
KROK/DeRidder
KTPW/Dallas
KTRS/St. Louis
KTXN/Victoria
KVVP/Leesville
KUMX/South Fort Polk
KWXY/Cathedral City
Lotus Radio stations
Maranatha stations
McClure stations
Midwest Family stations
Minion Radio
MonkeyRadio.org
MoreMusicRadio.net
MYNDFK.com
NetRockRadio.com
NextMedia stations
OnTheCorner.fm
Perkigoth.com
PissMonkey
Powerrocks.com
Progrock.com
Psychedelic Time Warp
Pulverradio.com
RadioAmerica
RadioBoston.com
RadioCentral.com
RadioMAX
Radio Free Akron
Radio Free BD
Radio Free Tiny Pineapple
Radio Isla Negra
ReggaeTrain.com
Renda Broadcasting
RKNA: Aural Arcana
SavageRockRadio.com
Shwango Radio
Simmons Media stations
SomaFM.com
StarDogRadio.com
TagsTrance.com
The City Radio
The Lost 45s
The Radio People stations
therockfm.com
TheVoice
The Zoo
UCLARadio.com
WAAF/Worcester
Waitt Radio Network
WAME/Statesville
WBEB/Philadelphia
WCKW/La Place
WDCE/Richmond
WDWN/Auburn
WellsRadio.net
WELW/Cleveland
WEST/Easton
WEZS/Laconia
WGQR/Elizabethtown
WIYY/Baltimore
WJTL/Lancaster
WLUP/Chicago
WMHB/Waterville
WMMR/Philadelphia
WOVRadio.com
WRLT/Nashville
WRSI/Greenfield
WRUR/Rochester
WRVG/Georgetown
WSBF/Clemson
WSWI/Evansville
WUVT/Blacksburg
WVKR/Poughkeepsie
WXRV/Haverhill
WYYB/Phoenix
WZBC/Newton
WZIP/Akron
WZMR/Albany
Yahoo! Radio stations
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 81

PurpleRen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PurpleRen's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:45 pm   Post subject: Silenced by Internet Royalties Reply with quote

That sucks, more and more stations are being silenced.

Will these stations ever come back?
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 6:45 pm   Post subject: Silenced by Internet Royalties Reply with quote

Maybe if the Internet Radio Fairness Act is approved.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:40 pm   Post subject: Silenced by Internet Royalties Reply with quote

When is this Act going to go before the house and be voted on?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:51 am   Post subject: Silenced by Internet Royalties Reply with quote

I don't know, Cocles. It has to be before October 20, 2002.

If anyone hasn't expressed their support of this yet, then please FAX congress, NOW! Before Internet Radio is wiped out!

USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:48 am   Post subject: Silenced by Internet Royalties Reply with quote

Hail noble music providers. wWe salute you. I will send the faxes to my reps and pray for there is not a whole lot more that I as an individual can do. I fear the worst but I refuse to loose hope. Keep the faith my brothers and sisters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:45 pm   Post subject: Silenced by Internet Royalties Reply with quote

Here's an update from RAIN:

Eight additional U.S. representatives have added their names as cosponsors of the Internet Radio Fairness Act (IRFA) since last week, when representatives of the webcasting community canvassed Capitol Hill in the bill's support. The names of all 35 legislators who've signed onto the bill are listed in a table below.

The lawmakers who this week added their names are: Reps. Maurice D. Hinchey (D-NY), Martin Olav Sabo (D-MN), David E. Price (D-NC), Virgil H. Goode, Jr. (R-VA), Susan A. Davis (D-CA), Deborah Pryce (R-OH), Robert A. Underwood (D-Guam delegate), and Doc Hastings (R-WA).

The IRFA, introduced by Congressmen Jay Inslee (D-WA, pictured right), George Nethercutt (R-WA), and Rick Boucher (D-VA) in July (see RAIN coverage here), aims to help keep the smaller commercial webcasters alive by exempting them from the Librarian of Congress's royalties determination and opening access to the arbitration processes that help determine rates.

The bill includes benefits for all parties involved -- including broadcasters, large webcasters, and even labels -- in that it would revise the CARP standard for future CARPs from "willing buyer/willing seller," which has proved problematic for all parties, to a more traditional standard that involves fair market value.

At its introduction, the IRFA had 13 cosponsors (in addition to Inslee) in the House of Representatives. Calling the trip a success, President of IO Media Partners and Radioio founder Mike Roe told RAIN yesterday that among the goals of the webcasters who visited Washington last week was to increase support for the bill.

The bill is still a significant way from becoming law however. It is still in committee, there is not yet a companion bill in the Senate, and skeptics doubt the chances of a bill being passed so late in the legislative year by a Congress dealing with terrorism, corporate malfeasance, and the possibility of war with Iraq.

EvilKitty
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 38

EvilKitty is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website EvilKitty's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:05 am   Post subject: Silenced by Internet Royalties Reply with quote

that stinks - i noticed there were a lot of regualr radio stations on that list who are shutting down. this whole net radio situation is a mess - silly greedy artists, when will they realize that it's free publicity they are shutting down?
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:02 pm   Post subject: Silenced by Internet Royalties Reply with quote

I try not to blame the artists. I really think they are being brainwashed and bullied by their labels and of course the RIAA. The well-known artsits are either oblivious or greedy and the lesser-known are giving their songs away for free because they recognize the promotional value. I guess when an artist reaches a level they don't need to be promoted becomes the breaking point. Even if it means spending a nickel to save a penny or spending millions in anti-pircay campaigns to look like an ass in public.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Streaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: