StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

"Munich"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Fred_in_Toronto
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 8058

Fred_in_Toronto is offline View user's profile Send private message Fred_in_Toronto's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:46 pm   Post subject: "Munich" Reply with quote

I can't see any other Munich topic headers, so I'll start one here.

don't know how much time I'll have to contribute, but please feel free to comment about the film

Cheers,

Fred
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

(Munich was a very eye opening movie for me. Somehow I missed hearing about this in any of my history classes. I had no idea what had happened.)

In a nutshell, the movie is about the aftermath of the terrorist attacks at Munich. The movie brings in actually news footage from the attacks and uses them throughout the movie. Eric Bana works with a small group of people whose goal is to go after the terrorists who killed the olympians.

Eric Bana definently stole the movie! His performance was so moving. Seeing his struggle to fight for what is right and still keep his family first in his life is such a powerful message.

The soundtrack, done by none other than John Williams, was phenominal. Just like his music for Schindler's List, it helped make each scene pull at your heart. It's on my 'to buy' list!

I'd love to hear others thoughts on the movie. Very Happy
Cadet 1

Member#: 8058

Fred_in_Toronto is offline View user's profile Send private message Fred_in_Toronto's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Asriana:

I tell you, the longer I contemplate this film the more I see of what Spielberg was trying to say. And, the more I am finding myself agreeing with his message. For all the movies he has made that are violent (almost all?) he is at heart a pacifist. He looks upon the ongoing carnage in the Middle East as only getting worse, engulfing more people in it's flames and solving no political or religious disputes.

I have come to rely more on the wisdom of Gandhi, the likes of which, today, no one follows. I hear him saying to me: all of it is wrong. The killing of the athletes was wrong and the killing of the planners was just as wrong. But, who wants to hear that today? No one and so it goes on and on and Spielberg is saying, it must stop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: