StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

About Rating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
bach12eg
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 8437

bach12eg is offline View user's profile Send private message bach12eg's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:31 pm   Post subject: About Rating Reply with quote

What about make Rating for each track in the whole sound track to have the right rank of each sound track.
I know it,s hard but it,s an idea Wink
Altoid
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 413

Altoid is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Altoid's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, a rating for each individual track?! And how many tracks on a particular CD would have to be rated for the CD's rating to "count"? Some CDs there's only 3 tracks (example: Kill Bill) that are part of SST's database, so easy enough. Other CD's have 25+ tracks and only 1-2 ever get requested and there's zero chance all those tracks are going to get a second glance, much less a rating. I'd wager it's not gonna fly.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's definately not on the SST to-do list. (i think)
Belgium Tron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to SST, bach12eg.

edit:(Sorry for the double post:) )
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We discussed doing it when making the ratings system 3.0 but for many reasons we stuck to rating albums. Thanks for the suggestion.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
bach12eg
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

bach12eg is offline View user's profile Send private message bach12eg's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank,s for u all
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it could be hard to rate each song for each album but how about a little option when a song is playing "Vote for this song" for example. Then we could make a rating by track only based of the number of hits. Still no no?
What I am saying is it's not hard to rate an album when you possess it or when you heard it many times but I hardly vote for any album that I just discovered although I like the track I'm listening very much. And by the time I listen to another track from the same album I've already forgotten how much I liked the first I heard.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

schroddie wrote:
I agree it could be hard to rate each song for each album but how about a little option when a song is playing "Vote for this song" for example. Then we could make a rating by track only based of the number of hits. Still no no?
What I am saying is it's not hard to rate an album when you possess it or when you heard it many times but I hardly vote for any album that I just discovered although I like the track I'm listening very much. And by the time I listen to another track from the same album I've already forgotten how much I liked the first I heard.

schro that's why i listen to several tracks first before rating. I just try to keep a mental note of it.
Commander

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You do this for all these albums?? Waw, you got so great memory there! I wish I had yours!! That would definitely help me with my work...
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yep that's why I keep telling y'all to rate, obi, altoid and I rate every album we hear - so if you don't like our tastes, ya better rate them!
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to rate as much as I can but my memory is too bad to remember last time I heard the same ST and if I liked it or not the first time... That's why I said if it was a little button while the track is played then I would probably vote for most of them because I wouldn't have to memorize which one I heard and which I haven't yet. Smile

On the other hand, I know it may be lots of work so...
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

schroddie wrote:
You do this for all these albums?? Waw, you got so great memory there! I wish I had yours!! That would definitely help me with my work...

I think it,s very good idea schroddie
and I think it,s hard way thuringwethil
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would resurrect this very old topic. I personally like the idea of being able to rate and view ratings for individual tracks. I think with the new trend toward buying music by the song, it would be very useful to see how the SST community has rated individual tracks. I don't think, however, that the track ratings should be used to calculate an album rating, as I can see that becoming problematic. Perhaps track ratings could be a feature of the future score reviews... New thoughts on this old idea?
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in a way we do have individual song ratings. Look at how many times the song is played. If it is played 10 times more than any other tracks then it is pretty popular.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: