StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Tracking down a TV theme song

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:44 am   Post subject: Tracking down a TV theme song Reply with quote

Would love some help... If this is even possible.

There was an old TV show, Masquerade, back in ... 1990... yea I know scary. I think it was a Post/Carpenter song, but the series didn't last, but for some reason the song has vageuly stuck with me. Enough at least that I keep having the feeling that I really liked it.

It starred Kirstie Alley and ::shudder:: Greg Evigan... It was a spy show, think it made it through 1 season.

Anyway, yea I know its a long shot but I figured if anyone could help me, you all could!
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:50 am   Post subject: Re: Tracking down a TV theme song Reply with quote

Goblinmoon wrote:
There was an old TV show, Masquerade, back in ... 1990... It starred Kirstie Alley and ::shudder:: Greg Evigan... It was a spy show, think it made it through 1 season.

yahoo.com shows in Kirsty Alley's bio that Masquerade was aired in 1983-84. tvacres.com and an essay on spies on film shows this also.

However, imdb.com and The Hollywood Reporter listed it as a TV Movie from 1990.

So I did what any reasearcher would do... consult the local library and bookstores. Since I own a bookstore, I turned from my computer and reached for - and I'm not making this up - The Bare Facts Video Guide: Where to find your favorite actors & actresses nude on videotape by Craig Hosoda from 1991. This book says Masquerade was 1983-84 and young Kirstie played Casey Collins, unfortunately not while nude. Sad

I also looked up Greg Evigan but apparently he hasn't appeared nude in any films, he wasn't in the book. Wink

I tried using the altavista.com music search to find a sample of theme. Even if I did hear the right theme I wouldn't recognize it. I've never heard of the show before I did the reasearch. Very Happy

Share and Enjoy!

EDIT: I also found that January 12th is Kirstie's birthday! Happy Birthday Kirstie!!

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:07 am   Post subject: Re: Tracking down a TV theme song Reply with quote

genericdragon wrote:

The Bare Facts Video Guide: Where to find your favorite actors & actresses nude on videotape by Craig Hosoda from 1991.

Just what kind of bookstore do you run exactly?

Wink

jeff
sdg
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Thanks GD! Like I said its weird that it stuck with me and yea I was just going by the IMDB date. Kind of scary about how long ago it was.

I kept trying to find some site that would have a list of theme composers, or a listing of Post/Carpenter themes, but alas nothing really encompassing.

Yep, and damn even chunky I hope I look as good as Kirstie Alley does at 55! Her birthday is what reminded me of looking again for it.
peaches
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8483

peaches is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website peaches's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:45 am   Post subject: Re: Tracking down a TV theme song Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
genericdragon wrote:

The Bare Facts Video Guide: Where to find your favorite actors & actresses nude on videotape by Craig Hosoda from 1991.

Just what kind of bookstore do you run exactly?

Wink

jeff
sdg

If we tell ya' we'll have to kill ya'. Wink

Peaches
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

update

after some more searching (my curiousity has gotten the better of me) I have some more corrections. I did another search using Masquerade 1983 and this site was at the top of the list. Of all the sites I found that one had the most info on the show.

Stu Phillips, composer of Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rodgers, Knight Rider, Fall Guy and other tv themes, wrote the theme for Masquerade with Marcia Waldorf. However I wasn't able to confirm Marcia's contribution. And the song was sung by Crystal (OMG my hair is soooo long) Gayle! wow. Apparently she also acted in the show! wow again. So I looked up Crystal in the Bare Facts book. *sigh* no listing. Sad Wink

I looked for some lyrics to the theme, but couldn't find anything there either.

I would list a bunch of other sites to confirm this, but there are waaaay too many. Wink

the info so far...
Title: Unknown. Assumption is Masquerade TV theme.
Year: 1983
Composer: Stu Phillips (possibly with Marcia Waldorf -unconfirmed-)
Singer: Crystal Gayle

Perhaps someone else has some sources or ideas where to find more info? Sometimes when a song is recorded by a major artist the artist will include that song on one of their albums... maybe Crytal Gayle did the same thing. Maybe not. I'm not a country music fan so I don't know her music.

J2- YEAH!! What Peach said!!! Very Happy Laughing

btw... have I ever mentioned that I read alot?

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo!!

Thanks GD! That's a big step in the right direction. Stu Phillips! Gotcha... I'll see what i can find out too.

Goblin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: