StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Check this out!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
PurpleRen
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 81

PurpleRen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PurpleRen's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:41 am   Post subject: Check this out!!! Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I was looking at this website about

Illegal Art: Freedom of Expression in the coporate age

Here is the web address:

illegal art: Freedom of Expression in the corporate age

Check out the visual section and watch the Little Mermaid clip. Its funny, and I know how they feel. Let me know what you think? [Big Grin]
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:41 am   Post subject: Check this out!!! Reply with quote

I watched the little mermaid short "Gimme the Mermaid" that you recommended.

What exactly do you mean by, "I know how they feel?" How who feels? The artist? From what I saw, the artist whines that copyright law isn't fair and he should be allowed to use material created by others whenever he wants.

Is this how you feel Ren? Should I be worried that I've posted my own work here before, because maybe you'll steal it? Do you rip Jeric's stream? That's creative material you don't own. Do you that?

I know you're interested in independent film, Purp, so let me explain something to you. All these guys are doing is stealing footage to use in their "art" so they can cause a little controversy and gain some attention. Either they're literally a communist, or just some young punk trying to gain some attention so they can replace Michael Bay and direct Armageddon 2.

All the same, thank you for posting this link... Athought it makes me wonder what material you've tried to steal, since you claim you know how these artists feel.
PurpleRen
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 81

PurpleRen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PurpleRen's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:45 pm   Post subject: Check this out!!! Reply with quote

Cocles,
All right, I wasn't saying that I'm all for stealing music, images, or whatever. And to say I rip Jeric's streams is an insult. So you've posted work here? Well, thats cool. Never heard it.

When I said "I know how they feel..." I meant the audio clips of they guy saying "I'm gonna sue you, if you use this" or something like. Over the 10 years of doing film, I've seen people steal our material. And we weren't to happy about that. We (my film group) goes through a lot of trouble making sure we hold the rights to everything we make. So I understand and kind of know how the artist feels. But I find it funny, that stuff like that gets to be considered "art." Its sad.

Hope that clears things up...
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:26 am   Post subject: Check this out!!! Reply with quote

Purp, I haven't posted any music, only a produced screenplay and a couple goofy student films.

I don't think the artist in that short was saying, "It sucks when people try to steal your art." I think he was saying, "It sucks when you steal peoples art and they try to sue you."

Either way, glad to see you don't think it's cool to steal other people's creative works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: