StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

National Anthems for the Olympics
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What j2 said - and try reading the request netiquette and adding a poll Smile
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't think its a great idea. Much as I'm a patriot, I don't see the point of the Star Spangled Banner either. I actually turn down the music when the SSBanner plays.

This is a soundtrack site. If it was distinctly used in a piece, I'd say maybe, but otherwise, no... Yes I understand that everyone likes to trumpet their countries, and sometimes they are really cool pieces of music. I just don't think this is the site to do that at.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am dutch, and I definately do not want to hear our Anthem on here :-)
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Well I am dutch, and I definately do not want to hear our Anthem on here Smile

lol... same goes for O Canada. I hear it enough.
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9964

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblinmoon wrote:
Personally I don't think its a great idea. Much as I'm a patriot, I don't see the point of the Star Spangled Banner either. I actually turn down the music when the SSBanner plays.

This is a soundtrack site. If it was distinctly used in a piece, I'd say maybe, but otherwise, no... Yes I understand that everyone likes to trumpet their countries, and sometimes they are really cool pieces of music. I just don't think this is the site to do that at.

I agree.
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea for a collection of national anthems and patriotic songs would be great for some other site, but not this one.

If you really need to hear your national anthem, I suggest you get some time off from work from your employer, train for several years, survive the turmoils of divorce and battle depression, the loss of loved ones, and make it to the Olympics to compete, win the gold medal, and stare at your flag and hum along as it's played to an adoring crowd.

In fact, I'm thinking of starting a Hong Kong Olympic Curling Team just to find out what the "Hong Kong" anthem is...

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Auroter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13482

Auroter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Auroter's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the_lake_effect wrote:
If you really need to hear your national anthem, I suggest you get some time off from work from your employer, train for several years, survive the turmoils of divorce and battle depression, the loss of loved ones, and make it to the Olympics to compete...

Yeah, but how do you feel about it? Wink
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Warm and fuzzy, like I'm being snuggled by all the patriots before me! It makes me want to go out and take over a country with a questionably inferior anthem! Twisted Evil

No, just kidding, I'm all for peace and love and all that jazz. (Though that child's rendition of the Italian national anthem in Turino left me to scratch my head.) I know it makes me sound fickle, but I've reconsidered the idea of a ST of national anthems. I'd like to hear the other anthems that AREN'T the SSB (and as a track it would only be played one more time). It's as if the Olympic flame as touched my heart. Wink

Eventually, SST will be heard by all the countries represented by the tracks on the World Anthems CD.

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
iro_007
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9445

iro_007 is offline View user's profile Send private message iro_007's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well I guess that is out of the question, I just thought that national anthems, given that they are soundtracks of our countries, would have been appropriate for this site.....
USA MissJubilee
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11503

MissJubilee is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MissJubilee's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

iro_007 wrote:
well I guess that is out of the question, I just thought that national anthems, given that they are soundtracks of our countries, would have been appropriate for this site.....

Doesn't sound like it's got much support, iro. I love the idea, but I think they're right that it's not quite what SST is all about . Too bad. (I don't think countries count as productions with sound tracks... though some might disagree, to make a political point... ) Laughing
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: