StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What book are you reading right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle on the Street by David A Vise and Steve Coll

The Silmarillion by Tolkien

Bloody Bones by Laurel K Hamilton
Ensign

Member#: 13172

Krindon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Krindon's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I'm reading The Green and the Gray by Timothy Zahn. It's a little bit strange, but so far very good. Very Happy Zahn's one of my favorites, especially his Star Wars books.
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got The Last Command by Zahn, Krindon. Love that trilogy. Are his other books sci-fi?
Krindon
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13172

Krindon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Krindon's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mellowman, I love that trilogy too! The absolute best SW novels ever written in my opinion. Mr. Green

Yes, Zahn is primarily sci-fi. Since you liked the Heir to the Empire trilogy, be sure to check out his duology Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future if you haven't already. They tie back in directly with the Heir trilogy. He's also recently published one entitled Outbound Flight which I've heard is a prequel about Jorus C'Baoth, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet (waiting for it to come to paperback.)

As for non-Star Wars, Zahn has also written the Conqueror's Trilogy (very good!) Cobra (on my "To Read" list, I believe it's a series,) Spinneret, and The Green and the Gray to name a few.
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just finishing "Castle in the Air" by Diana Wynne Jones
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

mellowman wrote:
I've just got The Last Command by Zahn, Krindon. Love that trilogy. Are his other books sci-fi?
yeah that was an awesome trilogy read.
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mellowman wrote:

Man, that takes me back... I remember buying that one in Hardcover when it came out because I couldn't wait to find out how the trilogy ended.

As for what I'm reading right now (disregarding my academic reading), I'm slowly working my way through "The Year's Best Science Fiction - 22nd annual collection." It's a great (and huge) volume of sci-fi short fiction. I've also been working on Joe Eszterhas' autobiography "Hollywood Animal," but it's seriously irritating because the man is a bit too egotistical for his own good.
Feyd_Baron
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 8098

Feyd_Baron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Feyd_Baron's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m rereading the Dune series in chronological order. At the moment, I’m wrapping up Heretics of Dune (so… 11th book in the series out of the 12 that have been released).

Next on the list… who knows.
"They named the city 'Phoenix' after the mythical bird which rises from its own ashes, and so ushered in an unbroken history of area dwellers disturbingly comfortable with the concept of self-immolation."
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm currently I'm working on Philip Pullman's, His Dark Materials Trilogy. I had heard lots of good things, and saw recently it's film rights were optioned, so its a possible new set of fantasy movies. Hopefully they adapt it well, cause so far I'm liking it!
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this thread gives me lot of reading ideas Smile Thank you everyone!

Asriana wrote:
Wow Alchemist! I love David Eddings! I've read all his series more times that I can count, as well as Polgara the Sorceress. I do hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

I like Eddings and especially the Belgariad! I also read the Malloreon, the Elenium and Belgarath the Sorcerer. All pleasant readings!

TreeBob wrote:
I am just finishing "Castle in the Air" by Diana Wynne Jones

Cool! Did you like it? I only read Howl's Moving Castle so far (I guess you know why) and I found it nice although the end is a bit abrupt (who said like in the movie ? Very Happy)

Did I tell you I was about to read 'Night on the Galactic Railroad'? It is by Kenji Miyazawa, a great storyteller from the beginning of the last century. Studio Ghibli adapted one of his novels (Goshu the Cellist) and is about to release another adaptation (Taneyamagahara no Yoru) in July! See http://www.boheme-magazine.net/php/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=767 and http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html#1703 (a bit off topic, sorry! Smile)
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Galactic Railroad movies. I have also been reading Eddings series, I love them!

Castle in the air is great. It might be better than Howl, maybe Smile Nice tie in with the 1st book at the end.
Cadet 1

Member#: 13996

sonatine is offline View user's profile Send private message sonatine's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ave to you all!

A fine discussion for post no.1!

Currently reading The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, Le Carre's most remembered, but so far not my favourite. Loved the film, though, Burton is a tour de force as per usual, one of my favourite actors, not just because he is a fine representive of the native land of my fathers!

Next on the 'to do' list is non-fiction: 'Gehlen, spy of the century', borrowed from a friend. It is a hefty tome indeed! 80

Frozenhan - Good work! - The Aeneid is a favourite - I I studied it for Latin, oh longer ago now than I care to remember. An overlooked love story.
USA dragon_Angel_05
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12015

dragon_Angel_05 is offline View user's profile Send private message View dragon_Angel_05's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Ghostbusters: The Return by Sholly Fisch
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
flo_pro
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 13831

flo_pro is offline View user's profile Send private message flo_pro's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

To everybody who loves entertaining, amusing literatur I can only suggest "Eddie Dickens Trilogy" ("Awful End", etc. - Philip Ardagh). In German bookshops it has been sold as a book for children, but in my opinion you have to be careful not to be "strucked down by a strange disease that turns you a rather peculiar shade of yellow" when you read it. So I am going through the fourth book of the trilogy (ridiculous, isn't it?) right now. Very funny!
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tipping Point: Malcolm Gladwell and MythBusters: Don’t try this at Home
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 2 of 54

Jump to: