StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:01 pm   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

HELP! THE WORD IS COMING TO AN END! IT IS BEING FILLED UP WITH BULLSHIT. [Big Grin]

Nice title huh? Anyways I thought it was necessary because I was reading and participating in the thread that dealt with the debate on Iraq. It has leaded to this conclusion. And that it I can't trust any NEWS SOURCE. And I am not just talking "American News". I am talking Global News. Hold on kids. I am sure SOME OF YOU, (EYEDEA) [Wink] think that you have all accurate and truthful Information. But I am here to contest that there is no such place. That the world is manipulated and twisted by peoples own perverted thought or perspectives.

Such as "American News" Listen people when Dan Rather has some fricking special report I take what he tells me with a grain of salt. Sure some of it may be true, but a lot of it is Entertainment anymore. And that my friends, is very stupid. If you have ever watched some of this "American News" you will notice a scrolling marquee at the bottom that is telling you about P-diddy's arrest, or how Michael Jackson touched himself in front of a bunch of old nursing home patients [Roll Eyes] . I am sorry but if I want entertainment I will watch a movie or a T.V. Show like the Simpson's. The news is for news and it should be true and accurate. Straight boring and factual, THAT'S IT.

The BBC is very close to this but still is not there. Why? Because their Editors are influenced by their own thoughts, and what their audience would like to hear. "Iraq news" is very much influenced by their ruler (slave driver). This sucks! Anything truthful comes on how will you know. The media has lied and manipulated too much and it's gotten to the point where I have lost all of my trust. [Frown]

What do I propose happens? Either someone gets cracking on a viable news program for the whole world. Or we start learning not to take everything the NEWS tells us to heart. By that I mean always except the fact that you could be fed bull.
[Big Grin]
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 298

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:41 pm   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

My very exact point [Big Grin] "CNN, the world's most trusted leader.. in misinformation." As for other news sources, yes they too could be bull. But I find it very interesting how foreign news facts differ massively from American ones.

Congrats on the thread though. [Razz]
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:03 am   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

Eyedea I've been standing down for the most part with all this political nonsense plaguing the board right now, but you need to be called on somthing.

I don't know if you're doing intentionally, but you've been peppering your posts here and there with back handed language as if you are subliminally trying for a fight.

Now while I enjoy altercations on here as much as anyone, if you're going to create one at least be a man about it instead of so under-handed.

Specific example?

"But I find it very interesting how foreign news facts differ massively from American ones."

You could have said, "It's interesting how different countries have different facts in their news shows..." But instead you phrase the comparison to be The United States vs. Everyone else. It's obvious to anyone who takes a step back and looks that a comparison such as this is bound to make some of the Americans on this board defensive. Further, this statement wasn't even necessary. You could have left it as simply a comparison between CNN and other news shows, but you just had to sneak in a jab at the USA.

Once again, maybe this is all unintentional, but if you are indeed choosing these words to subliminally create arguments then for the love of all things studly, stop being such a pansy, put up your dukes and at the very least be more blatant when you're cruising the boards for a fight.

Perhaps a thread titled, "The USA Sucks! Wanna Fight?!" I guarrantee you'll get the reaction you're looking for much faster.
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:00 pm   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

First of all Cocles, I wanted to say nice wording. I always love accusations, especially ones directed towards me. To set the record straight, the original intent was in fact to bash the living daylights out of the twisted, misleading, and outright discusting pro-war “journalism” (if that’s even what you want to call it) that is consistently churned out by CNN. This same company has a motto of “CNN, the world most trusted leader in News.” Heh, more like “worlds most trusted leader in Misinformation”.

But here is the kicker: Why did I then say “American news”, instead of, as you suggested, CNN. The current administration has a stranglehold, if not a HEAVY influence, on what content this country’s news corporations release to the public. Take CBS for example, during the Grammies they specifically warned they would shut off the mics to the presenters or award receiver if any anti-war statements would be made. As for CNN, there are too many examples to name.

My intent is not however, to start a fight, as you say. I just thought it was interesting how the current administration is trying to do “opinion control” or whatever you want to call it. It is in no way the fault of America’s people that their news corporations refuse to broadcast anything that would look bad for the US Gov.’s bid for war. Another example that you didn’t hear about over US airwaves: Tony Blaire’s meeting with the pope, whom is heavily against the war. All you heard was … “Blaire met with pope.” That’s it.

I always pictured news broadcasts to give the whole picture, not just one jagged line of a painting.
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 2:05 pm   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

Only a question, didn't Bushy said that he was going to have reporters on the White House (or maybe the Pentagon) payroll in order to create fake news which would help to fight "the evil"?.

That's all I have to say about this topic.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:16 am   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

I love the part about Canadians and Spanish!
Enjoy folks [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Axis of Evil Wannabees
by John Cleese

Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of Evil", Libya, China and Syria today announced that they had formed the "Axis of Just as Evil", which they said would be more evil than that stupid Iran-Iraq-North Korea axis President Bush warned of in his State of the Union address.

Axis of Evil members, however, immediately dismissed the new Axis as having, for starters, a really dumb name. "Right. They are just as evil . . . in their dreams!" declared North Korean leader Kim Jong-il. "Everybody knows we're the best evils . . . best at being evil . . . we're the best."

Diplomats from Syria denied they were jealous over being excluded, although they conceded they did ask if they could join the Axis of Evil. "They told us it was full," said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. "An axis can't have more than three countries", explained Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. "This is not my rule, it's tradition. In World War II you had Germany, Italy, and Japan in the evil Axis. So, you can only have three, and a secret handshake. Ours is wickedly cool."

International reaction to Bush's Axis of Evil declaration was swift, as within minutes, France
surrendered.

Elsewhere, peer-conscious nations rushed to gain triumvirate status in what has become a game of
geopolitical chairs. Cuba, Sudan and Serbia announced that they had formed the "Axis of Somewhat Evil", forcing Somalia to join with Uganda and Myanmar in the "Axis of Occasionally Evil", while Bulgaria, Indonesia and Russia established the "Axis of Not So Much Evil Really as Just Generally Disagreeable". With the criteria suddenly expanded and all the desirable clubs filling up, Sierra Leone, El Salvador, and Rwanda applied to be called the "Axis of Countries That Aren't the Worst But Certainly Won't Be Asked to Host the Olympics".

Canada, Mexico and Australia formed the "Axis of Nations That Are Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Some Nasty Thoughts About America", while Scotland, New Zealand and Spain stablished the "Axis of Countries That Want Sheep to Wear Lipstick". "That's not a threat, really, just something we like to do", said Scottish Executive First Minister Jack McConnell.

While wondering if the other nations of the world weren't perhaps making fun of him, a cautious Bush granted approval for most axis, although he rejected the establishment of the "Axis of Countries Whose Names End in 'Guay", accusing one of its members of filing a false application. Officials from Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chadguay denied the charges.

Israel, meanwhile, insisted it didn't want to join any Axis, but privately world leaders said that's only because no one asked them.
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:23 am   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

heheh, that was a much needed laugh. I wouldnt be surprised to hear this on cnn tomorrow.

quote:
Canada, Mexico and Australia formed the "Axis of Nations That Are Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Some Nasty Thoughts About America",
Hey, Axis this! [Big Grin]
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:48 am   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

Do you know what i like best about this thread. Its that EYEDEA has finally comeout on his hatred. [Roll Eyes]

I started this thread admitting that all news today is sensationalized. That everything you here should be with a grain of salt. Many other countries. OTHER THAN THE U.S. have news channels, that are influenced by the public, and by their own fricking government. IF one does not realize this then they are arrogant! Please people lets not be STUPID about this. Yes the "AMERICAN NEWS" is influenced. filtered to appeal to its public(JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER COUNTRY!) [Razz]

Using the Grammies as an EXAMPLE proved nothing. I agree with them saying that they would mute out ANY WAR STATEMENT! The Grammies are about the music. NOT about current EVENTS. If some "artist" wants to bleed his heart out he can do it in his music. OR BY HOLDING A PRESS CONFERENCE. They shouldn't use CBS money or equipment, OR EVEN THE GRAMMIES to project their views on forgien relations.

Sorry just needed to get that off my chest! People who think that they make no mistakes piss me off. You would fit in great as an american EYEDEA. [Wink] You are full of yourslef and your own beliefs like half of my fellow citizens.

Thats all I am done. [Big Grin]
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:34 am   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

That's what I was saying earlier. Instead of keeping things general he once again singled out the USA. Funny thing is, I don't think he even realizes he's doing it.

But hey, it's kind of fun watching him try to come off as unbiased when it's so blantantly obvious he doesn't like the US.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:39 am   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

[Big Grin] What i always find funny Cocles is that these people who rip, on and hate the U.S.A. Most of the indulge themselves in our pop culture. Neutral But hey, when in rome do as the romans do, right?
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:16 pm   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

Hmmm I dont realy know how to respond to this. If you yourself knew that there is a heavy influence by government on the news being reported in countries, why get mad when I bring it to light in this discussion? The Grammies, yes, are about the music, and also the Artists that produce it. If it was just about the music, you wouldn’t need the artists accepting the awards and making little speeches now would you? But hey, as you say, its CBS’s show, CBS’s money, they can do what they want.

quote:
Sorry just needed to get that off my chest! People who think that they make no mistakes piss me off. You would fit in great as an american EYEDEA. You are full of yourslef and your own beliefs like half of my fellow citizens.

As for this cheap shot, its good, I like it. [Big Grin] However, I hardly consider my political views a mistake. And how is it that I’m, as you put it, “hating”? How exactly am I “full of myself”? If you honestly think that I’m hating on America as a whole, you could not be more far from the truth. In fact, I commend the hundreds of thousands of Americans that have protested to date against this needless war, whom your own president has called a “street mob which he will not listen to”. I also respect the opinion of those Americans whom want this war for reasons I still don’t realize, and Im always open to debate about it, but I DON’T HATE THEM.

But I draw the line at corporations like CNN whom purposely report only half the story, or none at all, so that they can make their side look good. Do you hear anything about why exactly Turkey said NO to the US, anything about how much the US is offering Turkey now, anything about US intelligence spying on ambassadors to get dirt on them ? No, of course not.

I always thought news was supposed to be unbiased and just, I guess that doesn’t apply anymore. And no, this half story reporting does not happen in every country, at least not to this drastic extent. This is why I’ve singled out American news corporations, not because they are “American”, but because of the way they report “news” or lack of it. Hey Britain is pro-war too; why not pick on the BBC? Well because the BBC actually makes a conscious effort to report most of the WHOLE story. Its not because I like Britain more then I like the States.
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:33 pm   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

thought this was lame but someone else may find it funny. I recieved it as an email.DEBATING THE WAR ON TERROR
My thanks to a listener who sent me this great illustration on how
conservatives and liberals might react differently when faced with a
threat of deadly violence:

Question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two
small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife
comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming
obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You
have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man
look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is
inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think?
What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and
knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this
situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he
definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I
were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he
was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with
some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer:

BANG!
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:46 pm   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

A quote to quote conversation.. wow another first [Big Grin]

The Question:
quote:
That's what I was saying earlier. Instead of keeping things general he once again singled out the USA. Funny thing is, I don't think he even realizes he's doing it.

But hey, it's kind of fun watching him try to come off as unbiased when it's so blantantly obvious he doesn't like the US.

and the Answer
quote:
I always thought news was supposed to be unbiased and just, I guess that doesn’t apply anymore. And no, this half story reporting does not happen in every country, at least not to this drastic extent. This is why I’ve singled out American news corporations, not because they are “American”, but because of the way they report “news” or lack of it. Hey Britain is pro-war too; why not pick on the BBC? Well because the BBC actually makes a conscious effort to report most of the WHOLE story. Its not because I like Britain more then I like the States.

Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 2:09 pm   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

My point exactly. Legolas created a thread regarding news in general, but in your usual hell bent way you had to point everything at America. Why not post other news outlets in other countries that give biassed opinions? Probably because you don't know of any because you spend most of your time digging up stuff about the US. Prove me wrong Eyedea. Tell us some reasons why Canada sucks too. [Smile]
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:09 pm   Post subject: HELP! THE END OF THE WORLD! Reply with quote

Canada, in my humble opinion, is a little too multi-cultural, but that never really hurt anyone. Canada's so-called army of one boat broke down because a helicopter crashed on it, and is now coming home, what a disgrace. Canada needs to get a better grapple on foreign trade, it seems we don’t understand that if the US economy goes down so does ours. Yet everyday we have Canadian politicians saying “Bush is an idiot”, that’s a good idea when 40% of our GDP income comes from the states. Canada needs to decide weather they are for or against the war, because this teeter tottering between sides is going no-where. Conclusion? Canada too, is not perfect. Happy?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: