StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Site update: Report bugs, errors, dead links etc. here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10545

Morpheus is offline View user's profile Send private message Morpheus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a thing the other day when I lost my request. I had a request window open (a john williams one actually.....waiting for the one in the q to play so I could jump straight in there) So this window was open for a while while the main site was running fine in another window. So when the time came, I requested the song, wrote a little message (as you do) and it said the request was delivered successfully......

But it never appeared in the q. Trying to req it again said it was already in the q, and I couldn't req again anyways cos it said I had to wait for another 3 hours (or whatever time it was) to req again!!

I am on a mac running it thru safari!

Thought I would mention it......though maybe I shoudn't have had the req window open for so long or something.....I dunno!

Morph Smile
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This has me perplexed.

I went to rate an album by clicking on the cover in the Now Playing section. The popup window had "Log in to rate" instead of the rate menu. Problem is that I was logged in, but still couldn't rate the album.

So, I tried clicking on a cover in the "Queue" section, while logged in, and could rate the ST. This also worked by clicking on a cover in the "Played" section.

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

genericdragon wrote:
This has me perplexed.

I went to rate an album by clicking on the cover in the Now Playing section. The popup window had "Log in to rate" instead of the rate menu. Problem is that I was logged in, but still couldn't rate the album.

So, I tried clicking on a cover in the "Queue" section, while logged in, and could rate the ST. This also worked by clicking on a cover in the "Played" section.

This should be fixed now.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Morpheus wrote:
But it never appeared in the q.
Morph, by any chance did you happen to be around to see if your request actually did play? I had this happen to me once a few months ago. My req wasn't in the queue, but it played on time any way. Just a weird little fluke, I guess.
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
genericdragon wrote:
This has me perplexed.

This should be fixed now.

It is! Thanks JERIC! Smile

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
still-waiting
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 11905

still-waiting is offline View user's profile Send private message still-waiting's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see this mentioned in the problems people were having so here is what I see. At the top of the Forum I get the following errors between the menu bar and the "where I am in the forum" link:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\themes\default\theme.php:191) in D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\includes\sessions.php on line 291

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\themes\default\theme.php:191) in D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\includes\sessions.php on line 292

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\themes\default\theme.php:191) in D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\modules\Forums\viewtopic.php on line 575

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\themes\default\theme.php:191) in D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\includes\page_header.php on line 488

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\themes\default\theme.php:191) in D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\includes\page_header.php on line 490

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\themes\default\theme.php:191) in D:\Home\streamingsoundtracks.com\htdocs\includes\page_header.php on line 491

Still-waiting
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a duplicate Chatlog link on the site map. Smile

Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is online now View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not about site update bugs but I had to put my question somwhere and I didn't want to start new topic.

My question is: Could it be that forum search engine is malfunctioning?

Today I was looking for this thread:
http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2979

Before I found it, I tried different keywords using our forum search engine (Zimmer, Williams, Kamen, Elfman, Goldsmith, Goldenthal, composer, row, picture, photo etc.).

None of them worked and I had to find this topic by myself Smile

I think it is strange, because all the words I put in search engine (except "composer" I think) are part of the thread I was looking for.

For example you can see "ROW" used 3 times in Twopop's post in the thread and searching result for "ROW" (and "row") is: "No topics or posts met your search criteria".

Is there any explanation for this? Is this malfunction (bug?) at all? If yes, could it be fixed?

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that database table has been giving us problems. I am working on it though.

USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the Hedge by Rupert Gregson-Williams
Hotel Rwanda by Rupert Gregson Williams
Bee Movie by Gregson-Williams, Rupert

I assume these are all the same guy. Very Happy

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Lake. I'll take care of making them consistent.

We have a handy Make A Correction module, which is accessible on each album. It's very easy to use and sends me an automatic email (in the case of SST).

The Corrections form is available on all the 24seven.fm stations btw.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes, when you click on, say, "Posts since your last visit," under Forums, that you get a message about not being able to make a search so soon after the last one, please try again later? What's that? Seems new.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Never - until just now to test out what you said.
Yup, got the same message you did. I guess I've just never clicked on that link twice close together before.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's to keep people from flooding the site. Sorry for the inconvenience.

USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that sometimes, when you click on, say, "Posts since your last visit," under Forums, that you get a message about not being able to make a search so soon after the last one, please try again later? What's that? Seems new.

Yeah, I just received the same message, and I'd never seen that before. When searching the forums, I usually just click on 'Posts Since Last Visit' after reading a particular thread. I guess now I'll have to stick with the handy-dandy 'Back' button. Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: