StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Summer Movie Goodness!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA RobW720
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12946

RobW720 is offline View user's profile Send private message View RobW720's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:54 am   Post subject: Summer Movie Goodness! Reply with quote

Hey folks. Just wondering who is jazzed up for this Summer movie season. There are a lot of movies commin out and I was wondering which ones you were lookin forward to.

First we have the animated feature by DreamWorks called "Over the Hedge" a movie about animals hitting suburbia. It’s a feature voiced by comedians instead of run of the mill actors. Could it top DreamWorks powerhouse Shrek 2? I sure as hell hope so, because as much as i am not excited to see Shrek 3, I'm really not excited to see Shrek 4 and the puss in boots movie... Which are coming out in following years.

Da Vinci Code.... remember people its based off a FICTION BOOK! but should be a good watch anyway.

Oh May 26th... what do you have to offer?

X men 3! it has potential to suck, it has potential to be the best.... I am kinda’ jazzed to see this, hope they stay away from some of the stuff done in the second one though. "oh hey, crud... we are loosing there attention... throw in a few more characters for the heck of it"

June 6th 2006? 6-6-6? that wont happen again for a hundred years, better re-make The Omen and release it.
feh, might be fun to check out. big fan of the original so maybe it wont totally blow donkey.

June 9th, my baby CARS comes out. I can’t wait. Directed by Mr. John Lasseter who brought us Toy Story, Bugs Life, Toy Story 2 and produced every other Pixar flicks, and now is the head of Walt Disney feature animation we can assume that, as with all Ppixar flicks, story is king, second only to character, followed by amazing animation. I get a hard on for things like this.

Also this day we have Prairie Home Companion... filmed in MN, kinda’ cute idea. It’s about the dying days of radio programs. Might be fun. Don’t have too much more info for ya though. Look it up, you lazy bastards.

June 16th brings us such wonderful features as Fast and the furious: Tokyo drift, which I have no interest in seeing but my azn homeboi'z will more than likely drag me along.

and we have Nacho Liebre. Jack Black stars as a man who works at an orphanage and must take up being a luchador wrestler to help make ends meet. Previews look hilarious.

June 30th brings us the new Superman, which, if you hit up apple's QuickTime page and watch the newest trailer for, you will be as excited as me. Kevin Spacy as Lex Luthor looks amazing. The effects look great. Man of steel comes back. Nerd in me jumps for joy.

Oohiohoh all you Johnny Depp fans, get out your napkins and de-moist yourselves because on July 7th we have Pirates of the Caribian: Dead Mans Chest. This will (if not done by cars) make the most money of any movie this summer. Looks great too. Cant wait.

Also, according to IMDB a "Strangers with Candy" movie will be released on this day to a limited screening. I loved the show and knew virtually nothing about this project but look forward to the twisted greatness that is SWC.

July 21st (day after my birthday, yay) Brings us Lady in the Water. the new M. Night Shyamalan flick... It’s about mermaids… The new Trailer for it is wacked out crazy. I’m sure there will be a twist. It actually kinda looks cool.

We also get Monster House, which is a mo-capped (motion capture for you non 1337 animators like me... its like polar express. not key framed animated like Pixar, DreamWorks flicks, but actors perform and they use that to get the final product... not real animation, but they touch it up in the end) this one looks much better than polar express as far as mo cap goes and it has a fun look to it that I think a lot of people will enjoy.

August 18th could bring the biggest surprise hits to the screens with Snakes on a Plane, staring Sam Jackson as an FBI agent who tries to stop an assassin who releases a bunch of venomous snakes on a plane over the ocean. Total camp. Ill be there.

And Clerks 2. After listenin' to Kevin Smith talk at a Q and A about it a month ago it sounds like it was just a hoot to make and might be a fun watch. I am a KS fan, but wasn’t a huge fan of Clerks. I hope this one wont disappoint.

And oh man, August 25th we get Dead or Alive.... the movie.... based off the game, you know, the "beach vollyball" fame? yeah....

and that pretty much wraps up the summer flicks that seem interesting. there might be some sleepers out there but these (with the exception of a few, for obvious reasons) will be the money makers and wake the film industry up after a long hibernation.

Whew...

anyone? anyone?

for content by j2brown to make it more family friendly
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we've got a lot of money to spend this summer Wink

Oh, and for you Adam Sandler fans, don't forget that Click comes out June 23rd! Very Happy
Lieutenant

Member#: 12946

RobW720 is offline View user's profile Send private message View RobW720's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i excluded click from the list because i dont seemed to psyched for it. That story has been done so many ways and none better than the few episodes of batman where he had that little time control thingamajig Very Happy
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm waiting for clerk 2. Clerks is a classic in my book and OMG it's d*&m funny Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: