StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What did you just watch? with mini review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Greykitty
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13167

Greykitty is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Greykitty's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the Hedge- The story's not all that original, but the great characters and humor make up for that.

X3- Worst of the X-men films. Too little character, not enough of a plot but a ton of pretty snazzy cgi and an awesome score.

MI3 - I haven't seen the other MI movies so I can't say how this would stand up against them. It was ok, not a total waste of my money but I don't think I'd see it again.

Posiedon - It was ok I guess. The characters were kind of flat, but the special effects were pretty good. The score was spiff. ^^
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Greykitty wrote:
Over the Hedge- The story's not all that original, but the great characters and humor make up for that.

Greykitty, agree with you on Over the Hedge. Hammy the squirrel makes it all worthwhile, especially when he charges up. And the driving scenes were hilarious!

X3 - I have mixed feelings about the film. On one hand, the mutant cure storyline had a lot of potential that could have been realized if so much wasn't crammed in. On the other hand, I was traumatized by how much the film messed up my favorite characters. The writers could have spent a little more time setting up character relationships through scenes together or short flashbacks before slamming them when one party made tragic misjudgments. I also wasn't that keen on the idea of mutants fighting mutants since folks should have the right to defend themselves from involuntary curing. Magneto took a preemptive strike attitude and his methods were violent, but he had the right idea, to resist the cure. In this instance, X-men seemed like they were defending big pharmaceuticals and the government, no questions asked. I think the X-men should have asked more questions!
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

RobW720 wrote:
... but flightplan has peter sarsgaard...

nuff' said

Peter Sarsgaard was great in Shattered Glass, his best role IMO.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11852

sunshinegirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View sunshinegirl's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Xmen was pretty good, but could have been so much better. It seemed like they were trying to cram to much in. The first one is still my favorite but X3 did have a great score!
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I went and saw The Break-Up yesterday starring Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. If you've ever been in a bad break-up or you're currently in one, this may not be the movie for you. We thought that this was supposed to be a romantic comedy, but it was a very serious movie with a couple funny things in it. Pretty much all the funny stuff was on the movie preview. It was a big let down for us. In our opinion, that would've been fine to watch if it was on TNT or some movie channel at home, but not to spend $8.75 a ticket for.
Lieutenant

Member#: 14512

Sound_Track is offline View user's profile Send private message Sound_Track's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw KEEPING UP WITH THE KLEINS and there were funny bits interspersed, but as an ensemble comedy, it was not near as funny as say, MEET THE PARENTS was.

Like I said, some funny one-liners... but they could have taken time to do it better, to make it better, imo.
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Asriana wrote:
My husband and I went and saw The Break-Up yesterday starring Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. If you've ever been in a bad break-up or you're currently in one, this may not be the movie for you. We thought that this was supposed to be a romantic comedy, but it was a very serious movie with a couple funny things in it. Pretty much all the funny stuff was on the movie preview. It was a big let down for us. In our opinion, that would've been fine to watch if it was on TNT or some movie channel at home, but not to spend $8.75 a ticket for.

Bang on review, Asriana. I thought this was one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. There wasn't a single memorably funny part that wasn't in the trailer. A rental at best.
USA sunshinegirl
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

sunshinegirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View sunshinegirl's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Asriana and Hurr for those reviews and saving us $12.00!!
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10545

Morpheus is offline View user's profile Send private message Morpheus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

POSEIDON:

Hmmmmm..... It's good and it's bad! There are some really nice set pieces in it, and the film itself is not trying to be more than it is (which is the thing I hate more than anything in most of these so-called disaster movies). It doesn't get over sentimental and there are some great deaths. The problem I have with it is the story really doesn't make any sense in places, and it does play up to cliches a bit too often! It's entertaining enough for a night out to the cinema, but it's not in the same league as other classic disaster movies like Dantes Peak (which I think is prob one of my faves) So all in all, good, but I wouldn't watch it again!

Morph
Lieutenant Commander

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire (2005)
It's a strange thing, the cultural phenomenon. From time to time it sweeps across the globe, trailing veneration and adulation behind it. There are times when I have been witness to such events, or look back at those before my time, and scratch my head in bewilderment. For all his apparent brilliance, Dylan's music never did much for me. I don't get the annual fuss made over Marilyn Monroe or James Dean. I've never watched a TV Show or movie by Monty Python that I found funny. How can my own indifference compete with the enthusiasm of millions? What is it about this boy wizard, Harry Potter, that has captured the imaginations of so many people around the world? I could get no nearer to the truth watching this interminable story of Harry and his battle for the TriWizard Cup. But I don't really care. This movie suffers from the same problems that afflicted the first two: unbearably long, inexcusably dull, and completely lacking in enchantment. Only The Prisoner Of Azkaban came close to conjuring a mythical world that was both wondrous and clever. Now, I'm just tired of the endless sweeping shots of Hogwart's and those countless stadiums, the tedious dining hall scenes, the eccentric school teachers, the tedious classroom scenes, the CGI heavy climax, the final revelation where the good guy turns out to be the bad guy or vice versa and the predictable exposition scene for those who need the plot explained to them again. But most of all I'm tired of that bratty, selfish, irritating Hermoine. I'm tired of that sour-faced, whining, dopey, witless Rupert. And finally I'm tired of Harry. Why is it he can always extricate himself from any crisis by a magic trick that seems wholly arbitary and convenient? Daniel Radcliffe's Harry captures all the nerdiness and none of the mischievousness and charisma that would explain his universal appeal. With many more books to adapt, this phenomenon isn't going to end any time soon. But it is hard to enjoy the journey when you don't like the company you're with.
Sorcerer's Stone 1/10
Chamber Of Secrets 2/10
Prisoner of Azkaban 6/10
Goblet Of Fire 2/10
Commander

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night we went and saw Nacho Libre. Ok, ok... I for one can't stand Jack Black, but I was plesently suprised at how funny this movie was. It's got a nice story line and there is nothing objectable for children to see in it. So, if you're looking for a good laugh... go see it Very Happy
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A New World - awful.
I am not sure how to describe it but lots of voice overs while the camera rotates around the characters.
The acting wasn't great either. At least we only spent 3.99 getting it off satellite.
Asriana
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend we went and saw Click, the new Adam Sandler movie. Once again it was wonderful! He brought both comedy and real life situations to the big screen. There were points in the film I laughed and other parts I had tears streaming down my face. The aging effects in the film were so awesome! Kudos to their design and makeup artists! If you haven't seen this one yet - GO! Very Happy

P.S. Sunshine - I'm totally with you on The New World. I couldn't wait until the thing was over Rolling Eyes
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Steamboy(2004)

This is Japanese animator Katsuhiro Otomo's first feature since Akira, and it is fascinating to behold an alternative history in which 19th century steam technology is so advanced, flying machines and robots have been conceived. Set in Victorian London, the story concerns a young boy who is instructed by his grandfather to protect a new invention, the 'steamball', that is sought by businessmen, politicians and scientists for nefarious ends. A cross between a boy's-own adventure and a cautionary tale about the dangers of placing science in the hands of people unable to use it's powers responsibly (professionals, corporations and government are shown to be equally untrustworthy and wrong-headed), the film works better in conception than execution. Animated with earthy hues of red, brown, blue and grey, the film captures the industrial age well and is supported by a fine music score from Steve Jablonsky. After an enjoyable opening, particularly an exciting chase sequence, the film bypasses the usual second act of character and story development and careens into a lengthy climax that becomes tedious after a while. It certainly is incongruous to watch two main characters endlessly speechifying about their opposing scientific ideologies while participating in the chaotic finale. But that is what I love about anime. There is not a lot of humour here, but there is earnestness, intelligence and a singular, cohesive vision which, in a genre often preoccupied with the fast laugh and the quick buck, I can only admire. Despite my misgivings about the story and structure, and its failure to juggle action and philosophy, there is still much to enjoy here. 5/10
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman Returns - despite the news media trying to politicize the movie( Rolling Eyes ) I loved it!!! I had mixed feelings going into the film, hearing different stories (i.e. Spacey was horrible, it was too long, etc.). Personally, I thought Spacey was an awesome Lex Luthor! He fit the role perfectly! The music was great - a nice mix of Williams themes! This is definently one I plan on owning and if I can, go watch at the IMAX in 3D Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 3 of 66

Jump to: