StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Fearless Vampire Killers/Rosemary's Baby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should Fearless Vampire Killers/Rosemary's Baby be added at SST?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 14 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:54 am   Post subject: The Fearless Vampire Killers/Rosemary's Baby Reply with quote

I am doing this post on behalf of Evan_Evans. He mentioned that he has been searching for this CD for almost 30 years and finally just recently found it. He thought this would be an excellent addition to SSt.

Here is a link with information about the CD. It is also where the CD can be purchased plus there are samples of some of the music. Following is a picture of the CD:
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate, I sent this CD to JERIC few months ago, so he shoud have it in his collection.
I never asked him why he did not add it to the playlist, because I think it's his and only his decision.

BTW: Of course I voted "yes" in poll and I hope JERIC will make this ST part of SST playlist Smile

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am sure that Evan_Evans is delighted to hear that and hopefully this post will help convince Jeric to go ahead and add it.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

To Nate, Evan, & Molossus:

After your excellent recommendation and links, it's difficult to tell you that this CD will not be added to the SST library.

Molossus, thanks especially to you for your generosity.

Your suggestions are one of the best parts of SST. Even if a particular score doesn't end up in the library, there are plenty of listeners who benefit from your knowledge and where-to-buy information. So please continue! Very Happy
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess the question arises then, Why will it not be added to the SST library? I guess this could change how we request or donate albums in the future so a little more information would definitely be helpful.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
Why will it not be added to the SST library?
Because Jeric chose not to add it.

natedogg_23 wrote:
I guess this could change how we request or donate albums in the future so a little more information would definitely be helpful.

Sorry for the brevity, Nate. You are right.
To quote the rules about contributing content to SST: "You can send your soundtracks in to be added to the playlist... Please check with us before you send content in so we make sure it is appropriate to add to the playlist."

There are a few people with long track records of contributing quality scores to SST who are able to send in CDs at their own discretion. (Molossus is one of them.) That said, there is always the chance that once Jeric has had a chance to listen to it, he will decide it's not something he wants in the library, which is what happened in this case.

I hope this explanation clears things up.
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:
I hope this explanation clears things up.

Perfectly clear for me Two!
JERIC, You and all the Admins and Mods are doing great job. Thank you!
I think it is entirely normal that not every contribution fits JERIC's standards. Especially when it was not checked with him before. This is a "risk" I consciously accept with every contribution I make. And I like it this way.

I'm really thankful for JERIC that he let me to send CDs at my "own discretion". Firstly, it's very encouraging. Secondly, I prefer risking that my donation is, let's say, not good enough, than risking that it could be sold out from the shop before I exchange e-mails with JERIC (film music is not the most popular genre of music in Poland and somtimes there is only one item of ST available at the store, so sometimes you must make really quick decisions here Smile).

USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn. I'm curious about the Rosemary's Baby score. I'll have to do some hunting on my own, then.
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my follow up question then which relates to ladyinque's post is, Are both scores to each not acceptable or just one of them? The reason I ask is that there seems to be a separate release for Rosemary' Baby. Would this be an acceptable addition to SST instead of the aforementioned CD in this thread?

Here is a link to the CD
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

it could be the recording on the cd may have been bad. I've sent a few in and after Jeric listend to them the recoding was bad so he did not add them.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi is right. I unfortunately have a few more to reject this month too. I think sound quality was the problem here as well.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC, you have a tough job in sorting through what to add to the playlist. I don't want to make it harder.

However...

It might be nice if you, or another admin, might post a message in the topics requesting a soundtrack be added, if said soundtrack has been given a yea or nay. Not that you couldn't change your mind later, but if you definitely don't want to add the score for Bikini Death Squad 5, let's say, I think a message in the topic stating that would be helpful.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know how the decision process works.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That only works if I'm presented with samples that are close in sound quality to what's on the CD so I can judge on how the actual sound quality is.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing is to listen to the cd before you send it to SST. Wink
Admiral (Administrator)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: There are two tracks from "Rosemary's Baby" album available now. You can request them from here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: