StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Transformers Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Darth-bobba
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12608

Darth-bobba is offline View user's profile Send private message View Darth-bobba's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Morpheus wrote:
I am assuming you have all seen the car advert that was basically a test for a transformer movie!!! That advert alone means the special effects with be astounding!!!

Morph, that has since been debunked as a fake piece of test footage.

But, the latest good news from rumor control is that Optimus will be in his original form and not a Fire truck. All though Bumble Bee will still be a Camaro for a product tie in and to sell tickets to the Too Fast Too Stupid crowd.

Here are a couple of cool links that have credible intel.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7337#7337

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=698

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=679

and last but not least a link to a forum with Megatron's Alt mode pic

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=679
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the opening trailer for Transformers at the theatre this evening. 7-4-07 is the release date.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12608

Darth-bobba is offline View user's profile Send private message View Darth-bobba's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=754&start=0

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/grimlock5/RealOptimusTruck.jpg

Evil or Very Mad
Damn, where to begin with this probable piece of monkey sh!t movie. Why does Hollywood feel it’s always necessary to re-tool, re-invent and re-create characters or deviate from a formula that has already proven to be successful for numerous years?
Yes, the look of the characters matter. Prime looks like he rolled out of some East L.A. chop shop or is a Jesse James “Monster Garage” reject and the whole Bumblebee Camero thing just doesn’t go with the nature of the character. Hey, while we’re at it, let’s toss in some neon ground effects under the cars and put hydraulic shocks or airbags on Prime to give him the full on “Pimp My Ride” look. Then we will put a tacky paint job on him, oh wait that part has already been done. Well, he will need to have gold fronts right? I mean after all we are trying to be trendy and hip and we cannot forget the hip hop community now can we? And to put a big f*cking ribbon on this god awful package lets get 50 Cent or P-Diddy or Old Dirty Bastard to voice him. No wait, f*ck that, nothing says “were on the pop-culture train and always moving forward” like Paris Hilton. She can voice Prime. And why not? They have already cut his b@lls off during the production of this huge commercial for a toy line coming soon to store near you. There you have it, something for everyone. A long-nosed truck with a redneck paint job, hip hop accessories and a women doing the voice and for good measure we will continually point out that he is an illegal alien and in the most literal sense, because the average movie goer is too stupid and can’t put that one together.
This bullsh%t astectic change to the characters takes away from the credibility of the original character and overall story. Why does it seem that the trend in movies nowadays is to be ultra cool and hip with the emphases on looks mixed with a script full of clichés and flashy colorful slang? Let’s not forget to throw in a reverent pop icon (Clooney, Jolie, or any of the Baldwins) with a political message added to the inevitable sh*tty product placement just for good measure. Don’t forget to have Prime haul a god d@mn Pepsi trailer throughout the flick. Here is what’s “cool” and “hip”, trying not to be “cool” and “hip” and tell a good story with a formula that has already proven to make the franchise a success. I understand that some changes have to be made to in order to make this movie a bit more realistic than the comics or television show, such as Megatron’s alt mode being a tank and not a pistol. But that kind of change does not damage the integrity of the character.

Here’s the formula for you brainless Hollywood Hacks out there:
(Pistol = weapon) multiply by any given military weapon + character personality = a f%cking tank!

Here’s the formula that does not work:
(car = Volkswagen bug= economic= down to earth grass roots everyday guy) multiply by gas guzzling hot rod / sh*%ty product placement subtract character personality= the current f*cking poor excuse of an autobot who claims to be Bumblebee.

It is very evident that Hollywood lacks creativity and original ideas. Hense forth the inevitable slew of comic book, novel, toy line, and old television show to movie remakes that have recently been bombarding the public. Bay needs to go back and make more MTV Videos
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth-bobba wrote:
It is very evident that Hollywood lacks creativity and original ideas.

QFT
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i'm starting to have that bad feeling about this film now.
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I hope this isn't the next daredevil-catwoman-Xmen 3-Superman 3 & 4-Batman 3 & 4-great idea ruined kind of movie.
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't anything bringing me down yet. Nothing is confirmed yet on any of the transformers charaters including designs, so stop freaking out!

I am getting annoyed reading all the whining comments on the message boards. Even if he does have freaking flames, who cares.

Yeah it would suck if the movie stinks, but we haven't seen anything concrete at all, so STOP WORRING ABOUT IT! Your gonna give yourself an ulcer.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TreeBob wrote:
STOP WORRING ABOUT IT! Your gonna give yourself an ulcer.

Unlikely to happen to me Smile I didn't see any promotion so far in my country: movie's release date here is 18 july 2007. Well, I don't like Michael Bay anyway Smile
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just crossing my fingers. i'll resver my complaints later after the trailer is made not a teaster trailer Hey tree you king of sounded like arnie with that STOP WORRING ABOUT IT! Wink
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I never watched the show when I was a kid. I really wasn't into the "boy shows", so this movie has no great appeal to me. However, my husband is dying to see it and was quite disappointed at the trailer. When you see the words transform into the name Transformers, it doesn't make that "transformer sound" that he heard as a kid.

*shrugs* I'd rather see a Care Bear or Rainbow Brite movie Very Happy
Commander

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*Care Bear count down, 4-3-2-1!*

My wife is all into My Little Pony again!
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Well I posted Darth's post over on MB forum on the transforms and boy it rub someone the wrong way. What was funny was they thought I was saying what Darth said.
Nice hate post DB. lol! Hey Cocles whats your take on this stuff? How about some mighty wisdom m8.
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well from all the stuff i've seen so far on this i'm really not sure about it. everyone keep showing the G1 cartoon as a refence in the behind the scene crap and none of the robots will look anything from the G1 cartoon.
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

What bad stuff have you heard now?

I think the signing of Peter Cullen as the voice of Optimus Prime is excellent news!
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some news. the leaked pics anyone can find these. I self just not sure about it. So i'll save my Rant when the film comes out next year.

Click here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: