StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What did you just watch? with mini review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jigokumon - This is a Japanese movie from 1953. It won Oscars for Best Foreign Language film and Best Color costume.

I saw this in college and finally tracked it down again. It takes place during the 12th century. When rebels attack the royal palace, a noble lady volunteers to impersonate the the empress to act as a decoy, and the samurai assigned to guard her falls obsessively in love with her. It's a sad but gorgeous movie! It's not on DVD, but I wish it were. The acting is very good, but it's the story that sells it. The American title is "Gate of Hell." (Please don't censor that, admins. It's just the way it is.)
USA sunshinegirl
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11852

sunshinegirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View sunshinegirl's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirates of the Carribean II
Lots of action and some parts were very funny.
The special effects and makeup were amazing. I felt it could be shortened a little bit though.
Worth the $7 to see it.
Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Over The Hedge - Ok Smile

I went in thinking this would be another talking animals animation movie but I was only half right. It had some nice things like the squirrel on caffeine (that scene was soooooo cool Laughing) and the overdone explosions, really nice Smile
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshinegirl wrote:
Pirates of the Carribean II
Lots of action and some parts were very funny.
The special effects and makeup were amazing. I felt it could be shortened a little bit though.
Worth the $7 to see it.

I totally agree with you Sunshine! It was a fun movie, a little intense for the little ones, but an overall good time! I loved the music, still keeping a lot of the themes Badelt set in the first one. According to the news, PotC2 has set a new Hollywood record with the biggest opening ever! $55,500,000 Very Happy
Lieutenant

Member#: 12946

RobW720 is offline View user's profile Send private message View RobW720's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The effects in Pirates were amazing. I thought that Davey Jones was a lot of makeup and some CG... no... ALL CG from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet. Makes Gollum look like crap!

story kinda was "meh" but it was a fun movie and had the biggest opening day and the biggest opening weekend. New records set.

but then again, if Depp were to fart on screen, it would make 50 mil.

My views do not reflect that of my employers.
Canada lmarrese VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6193

lmarrese is offline View user's profile Send private message View lmarrese's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Pirates of the Carribean 2 on the weekend. I really enjoyed it. My daughter did too, laughing her head off at the funny parts.
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You, Me & Dupree - It was a cute movie with some really funny parts to it, but overall, I could've waited until it was on T.V.
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking all the reviews of Pirates. Sure, they're convincing me to wait until it comes to the cheap second-run theater, but they're helpful for that, neh?

I just saw Howl's Moving Castle (sub, not dub) at the library's monthly anime screening. I was quite disappointed. The movie is gorgeous, but the story is very, very weak. In the end, I think it was abandoned all together, which makes for a pretty boring pretty picture. Sigh.
pixelpusher
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11958

pixelpusher is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website pixelpusher's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched Superman the Movie on DVD. It was a birthday present. I already had it on VHS but the DVD was 100 times better. WB did it right and digitally remastered and restored the film. The colors looked vibrant and the sound was amazing. They also added some scenes that were shortened or deleted from the theatrical release. Another thing that I loved being a soundtrack fan is that you can watch the movie with only the music playing. I would love to see this done with Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings films.
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Asriana wrote:
Superman Returns - despite the news media trying to politicize the movie( Rolling Eyes ) I loved it!!! I had mixed feelings going into the film, hearing different stories (i.e. Spacey was horrible, it was too long, etc.). Personally, I thought Spacey was an awesome Lex Luthor! He fit the role perfectly! The music was great - a nice mix of Williams themes! This is definently one I plan on owning and if I can, go watch at the IMAX in 3D Very Happy

I can't agree more, Asriana! C'mon, there were a million ways to ruin this movie, but somehow, Singer and Co. managed to avoid just about EVERY pitfall. Sure, some say the movie is outdated, and it IS! But that's why it works. It didn't try to reinvent Superman, it just stuck with the original model because it is a good one. Very Happy

OK, Routh is no Chrisopher Reeve, but this newcomer nearly held his own as Superman, and absolutely nailed Clark Kent. Surprised And Spacey was brilliant!

By the way, I saw it on 3D IMAX! Wink I would say it neither ruined nor gloriously enhanced the movie. But in general, 3D is cool... Cool Give me more.

Superman Returns - 8/10
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Asriana wrote:
You, Me & Dupree - It was a cute movie with some really funny parts to it, but overall, I could've waited until it was on T.V.

Jeez, Asri... How do you get out to see so many films with kiddies at home? Shocked

My wife and I used to go almost weekly, but after one... hardly ever. And after two? Forget it! Superman 3D was my first movie outing of 2006! Sad
Asriana
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther_III wrote:
Jeez, Asri... How do you get out to see so many films with kiddies at home? Shocked

My father is a movie addict and he takes my husband and I out every Friday night. My daughter gets to spend the night at my husband's folks house, so it's the ideal night for a movie! Trust me... there are lots of nights I wished we could've just stayed home, but my father has this pull with him I just can't refuse. Wink
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mean Creek (2004)

Films portraying the behavior of teenagers in the absence of adults have been done before, such as Stand By Me, River's Edge, Bully and Lord Of The Flies, forming a sub-genre where young characters must face difficult ethical choices when the safety of parental rules and the customs and laws of society seem so distant. Mean Creek contains elements of all these films. After a young boy is beaten up in school, a group of friends take the bully on a boat trip as part of a revenge plot to humiliate him. Things don't go according to plan, leading to tragedy. The film has a keen ear for the dialogue of teenagers and the sense of camaraderie amoungst the group of friends is authentic. There is also real tension on board the boat, thanks to good performances by the young actors. The director ensures that the characters are carefully drawn so there is a real moral dilemma faced by the group once events get out of hand and they have to decide between doing what is right and wrong. Perhaps the director draws his characters too carefully, giving the film just a hint of contrivance that unfortunately turns to artifice by the final act. There are a few scenes at the end which are awkward and ring false compared to what had gone before, and the story is resolved a little too quickly and neatly. I felt that the morale of this story was being served to me as a lesson rather than revealed through the course of events. This is a disappointment, because Mean Creek has a fine cast and, for the most part, a truthfulness that is all too rare in this genre. Still, it is always welcome to see an honest portait of teenagers that addresses important themes of personal responsibility, loyalty and morality. 6/10
Cadet 2

Member#: 1009

DT76 is offline View user's profile Send private message DT76's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from seeing Clerks 2. I was planning on seeing Pirates (honest!), but it was sold out. Have to wait for another day. I can safely say that it isn't great cinema, but if you want more of Kevin Smith's humor..
Everything you liked (or hated) about the first movie is still there: the rapid-fire dialogue, the constant swearing, and the geeky pop-culture references galore. Needless to say, it's hilarious, and it actually ends on a somewhat happy note.
So, Smith fans should go watch it. (Don't bring the kids.)
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14314

paulw is offline View user's profile Send private message paulw's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman Returns in Imax. Nice to see such a large screen again though the 3D looked a bit like an after thought that wasn't completed. Nice to here the Williams opening theme again on the big screen..

Paul W
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 4 of 66

Jump to: